Parker Was Not Missed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker Was Not Missed

Sounds like a winning formula.

6 or 7 players with atleast 3 receptions a game is ideal for this offense.

Even though i know the fade is RTs achillies heel of throws, Parker is still ideally suited for those plays. Gesicki has a lot to learn.

Next time you want to attempt that fade put Parker right behind Gesicki and let Tannehill decide what to do instead of forcing a quick pass to your only obvious target.

Ideally suited for those plays? Dude has 3 TD's in his entire career within 10 yards of the RZ. 17 targets and 3 catches, that means ideally it's not a great idea to target Parker in those situations. On the flip side Stills has 9 targets and 7 catches for 4 TD's within 10 yards of RZ.

Even the corpse of Julius Thomas managed 2 RZ td's within 10 yards, 1shy of matching Parkers career total.

It was odd seeing Kevin White in the Bears game and just knowing that he wouldn't make any impact.

Tannehill has much better chemistry with Parker. I'm still holding my breath because he's still better than a Devin Funchess or a Brandon Marshall.

Parker can play a role just like all the other receivers. They're all talented, but none are going to be a consistent dominant force each game. Neither is Parker. But I do believe he will step up here and there and give us some positive plays this season.

As a #1 pick, alpha receiver that deserves his option picked up, yeah no way.

I'll happily welcome Parker back, I want the Phins to get their money out of Parker on the field.

Outside of Stills outstanding performance, the 2nd leading receiver was Grant with 38 yards and 7.6 yards per reception!

I'll be more than happy to get Parker back. The more (weapons) the merrier.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. His presence was clearly missed in the red zone. We had one big target and that was Gesicki, who took a giant turd in the end zone when given a shot. You all think because we won, we didn’t miss our most significant red zone threat?

of course we can use parker but i kinda get what the OP is saying...out of all the receivers parker shows the least amount of heart, all 4 receivers who played yesterday clearly want it more than parker and parker has more natural talent than probably all of them...

that natural talent and size let parker coast through at the high school and college level but a guy like jakeem grant who was probably always told he was too small has a chip on his shoulder and plays with heart every down, he wants to be great

with that said, we could still use parkers skillset but if he isnt producing he shouldnt be taking snaps away from jakeem just cuz were trying to justify parkers draft status...i would love for the light bulb to go off for parker but so far it looks like it hasnt and hes always got some nagging injury...hes one of the most frustrating players because he shows glimpses of how good he COULD be but its never consistent enough even when he is on the field, he goes missing for the majority of the game after making a circus catch where you go "holy ****"

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. His presence was clearly missed in the red zone. We had one big target and that was Gesicki, who took a giant turd in the end zone when given a shot. You all think because we won, we didn’t miss our most significant red zone threat?
How many career red zone tds does Parker have?

We didn't miss Parker per se, but we did miss having a big receiver that's a red zone threat. 1 TD in 5 red zone appearances does not get it done most weeks.

High expectations for Parker and he may have been over-drafted (not his fault) but the fact is the entire 2015 draft class was unimpressive. Amari Cooper is far and above the better player out of all the other WR's. They definitely drafted for need. There were a few mid to late round gems but still not franchise receivers. A better opportunity may have come if they waited until after the 3rd round to take a WR but we traded that pick for Kenny Stills and didn't have a chance for Jamison Crowder or Tyler Lockett.

Maybe Stefon Diggs instead of Lippett?

Looking at that draft class, the better choices may have been.....

Marcus Peters (head case), Landon Collins pick 33, David Johnson and a few LB's....but none had 1st round grades from anyone. A very underwhelming draft class with a few stars sprinkled in.....

Yes he was. We need Parker out there until we can replace him. You mentioned the offense going vertical in the second half, but we don't have another player with his size and athleticism to go down the field and get the ball.

He was missed on the INT when Tannehill threw up a prayer deep for Grant.

Back
Top Bottom