Parker Was Not Missed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker Was Not Missed

How many career red zone tds does Parker have?

Oh, my bad. I forgot that you only see the miserableness in everything. Clearly if a player isn’t literally catching the TDs himself, he has absolutely no effect on a defense.

I'm in the minority but I'm excited for the return of Parker. I'd bet against him ever justifying that pick and many posters here will hate him forever because of it but the guy can make plays. We need his size out there.

A threat is someone that demands double teams. No one is double teaming parker lol. He’s being overrated for doing nothing.

Honestly I didn't even think about him until Monday morning. Gase's offense really doesn't demand a WR1. Gase wants guys playing multiple spots and spreading the ball around. Parker can be a nice piece but he will never be that AJ Green or Brown type player in Gase's system. When he returns it will be interesting to see how Gase gives snaps to all the receivers because each one has a big role in the offense.

Well stated. He is not an elite receiver. He us, however, above average when healthy. That's the thing that puts many over the edge. If he were solid 15 games per year, I think some would have a higher opinion.

You can't replace him for anything close to what you are paying him this year.

I am not a Parker fan but let’s be real. We did miss him today. He represents a threat that no other receiver on the team does. We relied solely on our running backs and our slot wide receivers today. Guarantee him just being back for the next game will open up the middle of our field more and help unleash our tight ends who were extremely quiet today. We need all hands on deck.

I've seen/heard Parker mentioned as having something we can't get from the other WR. I have not noticed it during games, I don't think. So what exactly are we missing with Parker? No really, I'd like to understand this.

We scored 20 points on offense. Lets not pretend our offense is high scoring all of a sudden. We need a guy like Parker out there. Specially in the zone.

For as fast as he is and for as much as he has improved, Grant is a ways off from being a starting caliber WR. 7.6 yards per reception is not going to cut it although I realize it was just one game. He needs to be brought along package based until he learns all the nuances of the position. Option routes, reading coverages, etc.

Parker is better suited for more snaps.

Yes he was. We need Parker out there until we can replace him. You mentioned the offense going vertical in the second half, but we don't have another player with his size and athleticism to go down the field and get the ball.

He was missed on the INT when Tannehill threw up a prayer deep for Grant.
Yeah that definitely was a play drawn up for devante

Even when he’s “healthy” he’s never added much to the offense. His best we’ll ever see is his 2016 season which wasn’t much. No way Miami picks up his option imo just not reliable.
We may have even lost the game had he been in there. Last year there were a number of times he either ran the wrong route or didn’t fight for balls and they ended up being interceptions I believe

For as fast as he is and for as much as he has improved, Grant is a ways off from being a starting caliber WR. 7.6 yards per reception is not going to cut it although I realize it was just one game. He needs to be brought along package based until he learns all the nuances of the position. Option routes, reading coverages, etc.

Parker is better suited for more snaps.

when Grant breaks one, his yds per catch will ZOOM!

It's only one game and while we won, we have room for improvement. We need Parker to help on offense. Just because the Titans couldn't shut us down, doesn't make another team can't. They will have more film now on what we try to do and Parker adds another element that teams will have to prepare for. A healthy Parker helps this team.

A threat is someone that demands double teams. No one is double teaming parker lol. He’s being overrated for doing nothing.
I don't see a receiver on this team that demands a double team. That's not our offense. Perhaps it's not our offense because we don't have a Julio, but it's not all the same.

Back
Top Bottom