Parsons versus Sewell | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parsons versus Sewell

The injury to Long made that decison look bad.

He was on his way to a HOF career when his knees failed him.

And Ryan has always been overrated, many, MANY starting caliber NFL QB's would have had the same success in ATL that he did.
I'll never forget when Sparano put his starters out on the field in the last preseason game and he wrecked his shoulder blocking against some nobody. Was the beginning of the end to at that point was such an impressive career.

Matt Ryan look fine in retrospect but aside from 2016 he never did anything that put him among upper tier qbs. Better than what we had, but it isn't like Atlanta was ever good enough to compete for the super bowl aside from his Shanahan year. I'm still ok with picking long, I'm not ok with how the qb position was managed after that.

I'll never forget when Sparano put his starters out on the field in the last preseason game and he wrecked his shoulder blocking against some nobody. Was the beginning of the end to at that point was such an impressive career.

Matt Ryan look fine in retrospect but aside from 2016 he never did anything that put him among upper tier qbs. Better than what we had, but it isn't like Atlanta was ever good enough to compete for the super bowl aside from his Shanahan year. I'm still ok with picking long, I'm not ok with how the qb position was managed after that.

i remember that moronic decision by sparano

From reports it sounds like Parsons is a straight up *******. Usually ok for a linebacker but the activities I heard him doing werent necessarily what I call alpha behavior haha quite the opposite really.
I had heard 3 years ago when Ohio State and Penn State were recruiting him that Meyer and his staff werent sure about some things with him and were privately glad he went to Happy Valley despite being a good player.

Todd mcshay has parsons his 3rd ranked prospect in the class

highest I’ve seen from anything reputable

there’s no doubt about the talent. I’m not sure the character is a Miami fit. Flores doesnt do an interview without saying team first. That’s good and all and I get it but you need some elite too.

we keep wondering why we don’t have elite well...

drafting Christian Wilkins types top 15 for the lockerroom is a prime example

Last edited:
Todd mcshay has parsons his 3rd ranked prospect in the class

highest I’ve seen from anything reputable

there’s no doubt about the talent. I’m not sure the character is a Miami fit. Flores doesnt do an interview without saying team first. That’s good and all and I get it but you need some elite too.

we keep wondering why we don’t have elite well...

drafting Christian Wilkins types top 15 for the lockerroom is a prime example
Wilkins was a legit Top 15 prospect.

That was right were everyone had him and had the Fins passed he would have come off the board soon after.

In no way was he a reach.

Maybe he has not quite lived up to his draft spot but that was exactly where he was rated.

Wilkins was a legit Top 15 prospect.

That was right were everyone had him and had the Fins passed he would have come off the board soon after.

In no way was he a reach.

Maybe he has not quite lived up to his draft spot but that was exactly where he was rated.

yeah no

top 15 you should want/expect more

he’s ok not a bust and not a real difference maker. Pretty much what he projected like as a prospect. Maybe even the word solid but not on pace for any 5th year option pick up

Jeffrey simmons at his position gives you more plucked not long after

Parsons can be very good, but if he's really as weird as it seems he is then I just don't think you can take him top 5. He's not Junior Seau. The highest I've graded a linebacker recently was Devin White and that kid was all football all the time. You have to be a leader at linebacker. You can't just be an aloof guy.

Wilkins over Jeffrey Simmons wasn't as bad as Jake Long over Matt Ryan, but it was bad. Anybody still trying to justify either one can't be taken seriously. Even Bill Parcells doesn't do that anymore.

You want to stay away from Parsons for off the field stuff but are knocking taking Wilkins over Simmons?

I never said I'd stay away from Parsons, but he's a weird cat for sure. Secondly, Simmons only had one incident when he was still in high school. A situation where his sister was in a fight and he stepped in to help and took it way too far. But he spent the next 3 years as a model student athlete once he got on campus at Miss. St. and took his football very seriously.

Simmons was a lot more dominant on the field for Miss St. than Chris Jones ever was. I had a top 10 grade on Simmons and the only reason he was that low was because he was going to miss half his rookie season with the knee injury. He was a top 5 player in my opinion if he was fully healthy. Wilkins was somewhere in the #18 area, and it's not as if he wasn't out there fondling opposing players on the field in college. Another weird cat.

The issues with Parsons aren't necessarily off the field, they kinda blend with on the field in terms of the locker room. It's a different set of issues. But he's a strange dude kinda like Wilkins.

Long's shoulder was a ticking time bomb coming out of college -- had major surgery on it
and obviously his game was based on power lifting and being bigger stronger NOT some
fancy athlete. His career fizzed pretty damn quick. Total BS pick especially since Tuna was
all about avoiding injury prone players blah blah.

Not taking Ryan was total incompetence. Bottom line -- big Tuna was a stink and
proves the Peter Principal 100% applies.

Passing on a QB #3 will make us stupid again. Better trade down and duck for cover
because more pics is better than a low value reach @ #3. My opinion. Of course.

Back
Top Bottom