Parsons versus Sewell | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parsons versus Sewell

I would take Parsons at 18 earliest if we dont trade down from 3

well if he falls tbere it will be for character which means he’s probably off a lot of teams boards which means the fall could continue

all I know is guys like Kenneth Murray who can’t find the football and rely on athleticism primarily can’t sniff that kids talent level

The chances of Grier drafting Parsons is probably nil. They will sign a LB in free agency.
The Fins will be trying to get some combo of these players with their 1st 2 picks: Sewell, Slater. Smith, Waddle, Chase, Harris ( with a trade back from 18 to get another 2nd round pick).

Parcells planet theory makes the decision easier, basically the philosophy that there are so few men both large enough and athletic enough to be NFL linemen that they are intrinsically more valuable than other nominally sized positions.

I believe there are also questions regarding Parsons character, I haven't dug into yet as the draft is so far away, but if its true, I am a firm believer that past behavior predicts future behavior.

I keep liking what I see in Zaven Collins to be honest as well.....
Didnt Parcell pass on Matt Ryan with that theory? Seemed flawed then and now .

The chances of Grier drafting Parsons is probably nil. They will sign a LB in free agency.
The Fins will be trying to get some combo of these players with their 1st 2 picks: Sewell, Slater. Smith, Waddle, Chase, Harris ( with a trade back from 18 to get another 2nd round pick).
I think Miami has to go all in to get talent around Tua.

But if Parsons does start to slide out of the top 10, he's one player I'd trade up for. If the character checks out.

Parcells theory holds true today as well, look at the games, look who protects the QB best from pressure and who gets pressure on the QB, it almost is the winning team.

You know better than this, QB's are exceptions, HOWEVER , I would have passed on Ryan myself, he was not ever considered to be an elite prospect at QB, a game manager yes, solid, sure, but not a superstar. Frankly I believe he only went that high in the draft was due to the complete lack of other QB's that year, if you wanted QB, you had to reach (look at Flacco, another so-so QB, who just played for a long time...just like Ryan).

Ryan did overachieve for a few years with exceptional receivers and the superbowl with a (rock solid defense, top 3 if I recall that year), and has had a nice career (albeit in the new NFL where every QB has pass for 4k without much effort).

When I run the mock draft simulator at the draft network, I always get a call from the Vikings about moving from 18 to their pick at 14.

If Parsons does slide, I'm taking that deal to jump up right in front of the Patriots to snag him.

When I run the mock draft simulator at the draft network, I always get a call from the Vikings about moving from 18 to their pick at 14.

If Parsons does slide, I'm taking that deal to jump up right in front of the Patriots to snag him.
I think the Patriots get Pitts if he's still there, or a quarterback. Maybe Jones.

The injury to Long made that decison look bad.

He was on his way to a HOF career when his knees failed him.

And Ryan has always been overrated, many, MANY starting caliber NFL QB's would have had the same success in ATL that he did.

From reports it sounds like Parsons is a straight up asshole. Usually ok for a linebacker but the activities I heard him doing werent necessarily what I call alpha behavior haha quite the opposite really.

Back
Top Bottom