Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins

Roberts was a really weak link in that regard. His whole game is run forward into a gap and hope something is there... when it is, he looks good, when it isn't... he has no answer, no recovery strategy.
Baker is a good cover guy, and springs the occasional sack/ behind the line run stop, but he's light and easily to block when a lineman gets their hands on him.
... We improved on Roberts with McKinney, and the Scarlett/Riley signings should help too. I'm hopeful here. We brought in one slightly faded star and two solid vets... that should help.
It's probably the next unit to get some major help in the draft/offseason.

For now, it's not terrible but you did a good job highlighting some strengths and weaknesses there. I am very interested to see how McKinney fares in this defense.

Roberts was a really weak link in that regard. His whole game is run forward into a gap and hope something is there... when it is, he looks good, when it isn't... he has no answer, no recovery strategy.
Baker is a good cover guy, and springs the occasional sack/ behind the line run stop, but he's light and easily to block when a lineman gets their hands on him.
... We improved on Roberts with McKinney, and the Scarlett/Riley signings should help too. I'm hopeful here. We brought in one slightly faded star and two solid vets... that should help.
Who are they? Tell me more

It's probably the next unit to get some major help in the draft/offseason.

For now, it's not terrible but you did a good job highlighting some strengths and weaknesses there. I am very interested to see how McKinney fares in this defense.
RB, C, LB are my early needs. But obviously will update throughout season as the team shakes out.

Maybe we are waiting until June 1 to make a cost effective cut or two to the roster to free up some cash to sign Melvin Ingram.

Back
Top Bottom