Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins

FA of his situation, they mainly looking for these two things, money or winning. The fact that he have not signed with KC, it tells me he is looking for big contract. So forget it. Unless he has a change of heart and take a club friendly deal.
Kind of surprising he didn't sign with KC.

I hope Miami can get a deal done with Ingram, but I agree with you. Has to be a team friendly move. If I'm the Dolphins, I'm certainly not cutting players to fit Ingram in.

Adrian Peterson is another player that Miami could target. I think he's still available.

Can’t believe some people are suggesting he’s gonna get paid - he might, if he hits a ton of performance escalators, which is a win-win.

Dude is 100% going to get a VERY LOW base guaranteed, like $1-2mil/yr and a 2-3yr deal with easy outs.

BANK ON IT.

If he was going to get paid, it would have happened by now. You can’t even find any news about him, the article posted isn’t even sure if he got surgery.

No one is banging on this dudes door right now. He’ll take what he can get this also reasonable. He’ll get signed but to a very low guaranteed deal.

Kind of surprising he didn't sign with KC.

I hope Miami can get a deal done with Ingram, but I agree with you. Has to be a team friendly move. If I'm the Dolphins, I'm certainly not cutting players to fit Ingram in.

Adrian Peterson is another player that Miami could target. I think he's still available.
I have AP on my list too. I think we make some kind of move at RB.

I'd prefer Bell. I think on a one year prove it deal, he comes out like a bat out if hell.
Out of the big three FA that circulating around dolphins, Ingram, Jones and Bell, the least I want is Bell.
Ingram will be great for our line, if he takes a friendly contract.
Jones will be an instant upgrade over Parker. If we throw in Parker to the deal. The cap hit is manageable as Parker will be looking for a big contract anyway.
Gaskin was doing fine before and after his injury. At this stage of his career, don't think he will be much of an upgrade over Gaskin.

Ingram is still in Miami working out with Xavian Howard and his trainer..... reports are that a deal could be done today, the Dolphins are working on creating cap space and negotiating with Ingrams agent now.

Stay tuned.

Since draft day(s), I have been bemoaning the fact that we didn't obtain the second pass-rusher that I am positive that we need for the rotation.

If our Front Office thinks that Ingram is the best bet (no guarantees), then I'll enthusiastically put both thumbs up.

Miami is no longer about signing name players, but signing capable players for the amount the team believes they can give him.

If Melvin wants to come aboard to help this mostly young team and himself win a championship or two, then he is extremely welcome, but if he's just coming for a final big payday before he retires...I am sure there are more willing teams then Miami.

Melvin needs to be smart and get a good deal on a team that with him could make a push...Don't be greedy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom