Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins

My brain is so fried I thought we were getting Melvin GORDON for a second.

Still a little bitter at Denver snatching Williams. And I live in Denver and have to read this crap in the Denver Post daily.
I still want to know why people think we had Williams rated higher than Holland on our draft board. I have zero doubt we liked Williams. However, we clearly felt Holland was the best safety in the draft and basically ran to the podium to turn the pick in. I think we got the player Flores wanted. Williams is a hard runner, but he is far from being the kind of player fans are making him out to be. People are acting like we missed out on a future all-pro when it’s more than likely he will be an average to above average NFL starting RB.

I still want to know why people think we had Williams rated higher than Holland on our draft board. I have zero doubt we liked Williams. However, we clearly felt Holland was the best safety in the draft and basically ran to the podium to turn the pick in. I think we got the player Flores wanted. Williams is a hard runner, but he is far from being the kind of player fans are making him out to be. People are acting like we missed out on a future all-pro when it’s more than likely he will be an average to above average NFL starting RB.
Denver needs to eat balls, and did not need to trade up ahead of us to draft Wiliams.

We were taking Holland if both players were there.

Idiots.

Denver needs to eat balls, and did not need to trade up ahead of us to draft Wiliams.

We were taking Holland if both players were there.

Idiots.
The worry wasn’t with the Broncos and running backs, it was with the Falcons who needed a safety and I believe took one after they traded down. The rookie GMs in Denver and Atlanta both got played

I don't think they value rb's as much as some of us, Pats way, use a different dude/s to attack the D as needed.

The $64 question is ... who shows up? Is it the guy from a few years ago all healed up and ready to dominate, or is it a formerly ultra-speedy guy who has now lost a step and become an unreliable pass rusher? Yes, some team may indeed get a steal. But if he ends up being the latter, he might be a colossal flop as a FA and get cut after 1 season and a lot of dead cap. Am I intrigued? Hellz yes, who wouldn't be!!! But this one comes with a very large and bright orange BUYER BEWARE sticker, that even in the art-deco district of Miami ... should stand out.

Personally, I'm not ready to make this gamble right now, because we're building something special on defense, and we can become great without making a massive gamble, IMHO.
It’s always the latter for Miami.

Maybe he can convert to tight end and hook up with a team? Oh wait, Steve Spurrier is retired.

I'd prefer that we put the money towards locking up Mike Gesicki or Jerome Baker on a long term deal. Ingram used to be a very good pass rusher but I haven't followed him closely and don't know how much gas is left in the tank. Don't want to waste money on a big name veteran who is just milking out the last bucks in his career. However, if I'm wrong, and Melvin has plenty to offer, please feel free to shoot me down.

Last edited:
My brain is so fried I thought we were getting Melvin GORDON for a second.

Still a little bitter at Denver snatching Williams. And I live in Denver and have to read this crap in the Denver Post daily.
Apparently, the Dolphins would have taken Holland regardless. They liked Williams, but weren't planning to take him there. Holland was their guy and whom they tried to move up into the first for (the reports that they were moving up for Harris were inaccurate). Reportedly when Denver traded ahead of them they were panicked it was for Holland.

Personally, I wanted Williams. I had him as my top RB. I had Holland in the top 2 safeties. I had Holland and Grant as the best fits for Miami. And I had S as a need. So it wasn't horrible IMO, I just had RB as a bigger need.

I'd prefer that we put the money towards locking up Mike Gesicki or Jerome Baker on a long term deal. Ingram used to be a very good pass rusher but I haven't followed him closely and don't know how much gas is left in the tank. Don't want to waste money on a big name veteran who is just miking the last bucks in his career. However, if I'm wrong, and Melvin has plenty to offer, please feel free to shoot me down.
Hard to say really... he wasn't good last year but was fighting the dreaded high-ankle sprain most of the year and that injury heals so slowly and destroys your speed.
I wouldn't sign him without a medical workup and a physical work out... and I still wouldn't pay him anywhere near what he was making when he was in his 20s.

Ingram and Houston are the guys that make sense for Miami.

At this stage outside of money who the hell wants to go to Houston? The DW drama hasn’t even kicked into full gear yet.

At least you have a better chance of making the playoffs with Miami at this stage then Houston.

Although he does have a ring with the Eagles.

At this stage outside of money who the hell wants to go to Houston? The DW drama hasn’t even kicked into full gear yet.

At least you have a better chance of making the playoffs with Miami at this stage then Houston.

Houston the player not team.

Think they meant Houston the player not Houston the place.

Back
Top Bottom