Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins

I wouldn't be surprised if it does become a 1 or 2 year deal seeing how the fins treat veteran free agents the last couple years. They are stop gaps to bring up the young future talent. We burn through free agents and it has worked well for our development.

Interesting I wonder if he is more durable than Cam at this point in his career.

Here's what we did on the front 6 last year:

Lawson 55% of defensive snaps
Ogbah 77%
Strowbridge 5%
Wilkins 62%
Sieler 52%
Godchaux 17%
Davis 52%
B. Jones 5%
Baker 84%
Van Noy 78%

Munson 5%
Roberts 39%
Van Ginkle 46%
Grugier-Hill 20%
Eguavoen 8%

As you can see, only 3 players played as much as 75% of the snaps. Rotation is the name of the game in the NFL.
Hows Godchaux even on the list, wasnt he on IR?

The stats show he was outplayed by Nwosu and slowed by injury early in the season.

His best games were when Bosa wasn't present.

Eventually, Rochell ended up being the best of the 3.

Maybe, a one year rotational piece, "prove it" kind of deal. Performance incentives.

He is what he is. A rotational 3-4 guy who can get pressure and cover. Sometimes. Hence, rotational. 1 year please.

Doesn't it really depend on price though?

I is a risk v reward situation, but if he takes a reasonable contract, with little gauranteed, I'm in.
Well, sure, maybe, because everything is a sliding scale. But when you're building a young and talented group, who sits to play Ingram? Phillips? Van Ginkel? Does Ingram become the starter and one of those guys a backup? How much is that really worth if you do not really know what you're getting in Ingram? I just don't see it working out, but who knows, nothing lost by looking into it, right?

Back
Top Bottom