Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram visiting Dolphins

Like it a lot in concept. Let him compete with Phillips and Van Ginkel for OLB snaps. That trio, plus Ogbah, would basically ensure we are getting pressure off the edges. He’s not the same player he was, but he’s still an effective pass rusher when healthy.

Worst case scenario, he’s done, he loses out to Phillips and Van Ginkel, and our young pass rushers benefit from having some vet guidance. Plus we’ve got a back-up plan if/when one of those guys gets hurt.

Cut after 1 season with a lot of dead cap?? Huh??

can’t see him getting more than a 1 year deal at this point
Free agency is a funny thing ... he may find a team willing to gamble on him for more than a year. I'm certain his agent is looking for precisely that type of deal.

Melvin meh Ingram, yet in this front office I trust, so whoever they sign for depth or competition is great. Unless there are too many years (like 1) or big guaranteed $$$

Free agency is a funny thing ... he may find a team willing to gamble on him for more than a year. I'm certain his agent is looking for precisely that type of deal.
i wouldn't think we were looking for anything more than the veteran minimum and incentives (either on a one year or multi-year deal).

Melvin is absolutely better than Biegel, and would push AVG for the 3rd best pass rusher on the team (behind Phillips and Ogbah). Have to have layers of talent if you want to compete. Would love to have Ingram in the fold for next year

It would have to be a bargain deal for one year. Essentially a prove it deal.

I don't think he had a sack last year, but I think he was still highly rated by PFF.

Miami needs a little depth there.

Back
Top Bottom