Patrick Nix... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Nix...

JCane

Administrator
Club Member
Reaction score
...is OFFICIALLY out. News broke about two hours ago.

Understand that this is NOT a firing. Nix's contract is up and he will not be given an extension. I'll post more as I get it here over the next few hours.

Thank Goodness...makes the L to Cal a bit easier to swallow now...now we can stick to ONE QB and try to get our offense going in the right direction...hopefully we stick to Jacory and start giving some of our playmakers opportunities to flourish downfield...anything on an update on the situation?

McGriff is gone as well. Also Swasey the strength and conditioning coach but I'm still trying to get some more information on Swasey.

The only CONFIRMED news tonight is that Patrick Nix is definitely OUT in Miami. McGriff and Swasey are reportedly gone as well but word is Swasey is headed to the professional ranks.

No names have been named by Shannon yet as to possible replacements for Nix but I have to think that he will look again to the Jaguars offensive coordinator, Dirk Koetter. Koetter was the guy Shannon wanted two years but had to settle for Nix at the last minute as Koetter went to Jacksonville for obvious reasons.

Heads have been ROLLING in Jacksonville as of late and it's possible that Koetter is next. Koetter is just MY OPINION and I have NOT heard anything about Koetter from the inside...yet. I simply feel that it is very possible Randy goes back to Koetter.

Chud is another name that could find it's way to Miami as he has ties to the program. Chud wouldn't surprise me at all but I think Koetter is more likely since Randy wanted him so badly two years ago. The thing that bothers me about Chud, and it may be nothing, but when was the last time Chud and the Browns scored? I know that obviously the talent in Miami is greater than what he has in Cleveland, but a great mind can get it done with the right scheme. I'm not saying the players at Miami are better than Cleveland, I'm simply saying that the talent in Miami is greater at their level than the talent in Cleveland at their level. Everyone so far is quick to jump up and say, "Anyone is an upgrade." Maybe this is true, but "anyone" won't necessarily get the job done. Randy fully understands that this hire here will ultimately decide his fate in Miami. A competent ofensive coordinator will hide many of the coaching flaws that Randy has. Don't get me wrong, I love Randy Shannon to death and I still think he is absolutely the right guy for this job. However, he isn't the most experienced head coach out there and he is still learning on the job. He needs to be able to trust his right-hand men. He has no worries on the defensive side of the ball with Bill Young commanding the defense. He now needs the same luxury with the offense and Miami will definitely be contending by 2010.

Chud is another name that could find it's way to Miami as he has ties to the program. Chud wouldn't surprise me at all but I think Koetter is more likely since Randy wanted him so badly two years ago. The thing that bothers me about Chud, and it may be nothing, but when was the last time Chud and the Browns scored? I know that obviously the talent in Miami is greater than what he has in Cleveland, but a great mind can get it done with the right scheme. I'm not saying the players at Miami are better than Cleveland, I'm simply saying that the talent in Miami is greater at their level than the talent in Cleveland at their level. Everyone so far is quick to jump up and say, "Anyone is an upgrade." Maybe this is true, but "anyone" won't necessarily get the job done. Randy fully understands that this hire here will ultimately decide his fate in Miami. A competent ofensive coordinator will hide many of the coaching flaws that Randy has. Don't get me wrong, I love Randy Shannon to death and I still think he is absolutely the right guy for this job. However, he isn't the most experienced head coach out there and he is still learning on the job. He needs to be able to trust his right-hand men. He has no worries on the defensive side of the ball with Bill Young commanding the defense. He now needs the same luxury with the offense and Miami will definitely be contending by 2010.

I agree with this 100%...

Randy Shannon needs someone credible and qualified to take over the offense...he needs a very good OC to cover up some of his coaching deficiencies....

Randy needs to be there for recruiting.....he needs some excellent football minds and coaches surrounding him that can develope talent on the offensive side of the ball.

It's a shame Gus Malzahn was announced OC at Auburn literally minutes before I heard about Nix...I think he would have been an excellent candidate.

I agree with this 100%...

Randy Shannon needs someone credible and qualified to take over the offense...he needs a very good OC to cover up some of his coaching deficiencies....

Randy needs to be there for recruiting.....he needs some excellent football minds and coaches surrounding him that can develope talent on the offensive side of the ball.

It's a shame Gus Malzahn was announced OC at Auburn literally minutes before I heard about Nix...I think he would have been an excellent candidate.

You're dead on. A lot of us boosters and Alumni began to discuss Gus Malzahn after the Florida game this year. Then there was the rumor that a "mystery booster" had spoke to Kirby Hocutt and Donna Shalala about paying the salary for Gus Malzahn if Hocutt and Shalala would push for Malzahn's hiring at season's end. This turned out to be false but I thought it was rather funny. Since then, one of the favorites among the boosters etc., is Houston offensive coordinator, Dana Holgorsen.

We'll see what happens but I still believe Randy is more likely to look to Koetter and even Chudzinski. Shannon spoke with Joe Rose of WQAM and shot down the Nix comments about the philosophical differences between the two and stated that he would like to go with more of a pro-set offense with some spread mixed in. That right there, to me, points directly at Chudzinski and Koetter.

I was also "sort of" given some other big information. I had to read between the lines to get it but there's a reason that Rueben Randle wasn't really interested in Miami a month ago and now he is. It's also the same reason that Andre DeBose, a standout recruit from Sanford, Florida, wasn't even remotely interested in Miami a month ago and now all of a sudden we're back in the mix for DeBose as well. You guys are smart, I've sure you can figure out why all of a sudden we're in the running for two of the hottest recruits in the country. Expect this news to drop either the 29th or the 30th is my guess.

Patrick Nix must have put in his 2 week notice...

I'd much rather see Miami land Randle than Oklahoma....but I don't see where it's really a tough decision.

Go to Oklahoma and play for Bob Stoops...in one of the most dynamic offenses in the country. Especially considering Oklahoma's top two weapons at WR (Iglesias and Manuel Johnson) are likely gone.

Or..

Go to Miami...and play in one of the most inept offenses for the better part of 5 years now...not to mention all of the young players Miami already has at WR...

By the way, you were dead on when I said "You guys are smart, I've sure you can figure out why all of a sudden we're in the running for two of the hottest recruits in the country. Expect this news to drop either the 29th or the 30th is my guess."

And I was dead on when saying "expect this news to drop either the 29th or 30th. :lol:

:up:

I get where you are coming from, but at the same time you have to look at the team:

1.) Derek Anderson gets hurt and is really not all that great

2.) Brady gets hurt

3.) Dorsey sucks in the NFL ( I want to cut off my tongue for saying this and I have always maintained that the only QB I would be happy for if they beat the fins is Dorsey. The man will be UM hero forever.)

4.) Edwards dropped more balls than ALL the fins receivers. a bit much sure, but too far off

5.) Winslow had a horrible year

I'm curious....you accurately predicted the outcome and the date...

I'm assuming this would be no different had Miami won the Emerald Bowl???

Back
Top Bottom