Patrick Nix... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Nix...

New York Jets receivers coach Noel Mazzone, Cleveland Browns Assistant Head Coach and Quarterbacks Coach Rip Scherer, recently fired San Diego State Head Coach Chuck Long, University of Houston offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen, Oklahoma State Co-Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach Gunter Brewer, and New Orleans Saints receivers coach and former UM receivers coach Curtis Johnson are all prominent candidates in the early stages of the search. Former Auburn offensive coordinator Al Borges was a candidate but has accepted a job at San Diego State. All these canidates have been contacted or interviewed about the job. Cud see a hire within a week.

Im hoping for either Johnson or Scherer. Johnson was the reciver coach who developed Santana Moss, Roscoe Parish, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Yatil Green, and Darnay Scott. I think he is our guy. Shannon wants a guy from the Nfl and Johnson has been on the best offense Saints for the past couple of years. That wud have to be a selling point to pitch to DeBose and Randle. He is also a great recruiter. He recruited Marshall Faulk.

Fresh, I'm not so sure Scherer is the guy at all. His offenses have been closer to putrid than decent. If it was my choice to make, I'd take Holgorsen and let him install his variation of the spread offense. To straight hell with this pro-set. College football has evolved. It's important to follow trends some times.

New developments today: Mitch Browning contacted Randy Shannon today to thrown his hat into consideration. This is not to say that he will get an interview but he made it know that he was very interested in the position.

Fresh, I'm not so sure Scherer is the guy at all. His offenses have been closer to putrid than decent. If it was my choice to make, I'd take Holgorsen and let him install his variation of the spread offense. To straight hell with this pro-set. College football has evolved. It's important to follow trends some times.

New developments today: Mitch Browning contacted Randy Shannon today to thrown his hat into consideration. This is not to say that he will get an interview but he made it know that he was very interested in the position.

U might be right imo I think Johnson is our guy. Like I said look how many star WR's he has helped develop and also a great recruiter. Been in New Orleans who has the best offense in the NFL. He wud be a perfect guy to pitch to DeBose and Randle. Doesnt have OC expireince but has won and made a positive influence every where he has went. The main reason I talked about Scherer is cus Shannon said he wants someone with Nfl expirience. Hopefully we can get him here by the time Debose and Randle take their visits even though I am very happy with our recivers. To me Byrd, Aldarius, and Benjamin are a lock for the Nfl and Davon Johnson and Collier will make a case. Hopefully Shannon wont go back to trying to narrow the reciver list down. When he utilzes all them and having the d not knowing who the ball is going to we are our most effective. When he has the ball going to Travis or Aldarius every time or 2 reciver sets we are our least effective.Have u heard on how impressive Streeter and Thompkins look since they redshirted.

Tommy Streeter was redshirted due to injury. He hasn't even practiced from what I've been told. What 'm hearing about Streeter is that because of his size, he might be used some at the tight end position next season. That kid is 6'6. All Jacory would have to do is lob it up around the goal line and tell Tommy to go a grab it out of the sky. Easy 6 if you ask me. As far as Thompkins, I really have no idea.

The search for an offensive coordinator is moving forward. As of right now Chuck Long is a strong candidate. Rip Scherer is up there as well. There are three guys who if they want the job will immediately vault to the top of the list: Mike Shula, Rob Chudzinski, and Dirk Koetter. It's not clear if any of these guys would leave the NFL to return to the college ranks but I can you that the University is prepared to pay for a top name offenseive coordinator. The money is in place. I do know for a fact that Chudzinski was in town this week but do not know if he interviewed. At this point, depending on how much the University is willing to pay for this position, I feel like Chuck Long will get this job. He runs the type of offense that Shannon wants to implement here in Miami. It looks like a hire is getting closer...

And by the way, since I haven't commented on it, rot in hell Gators.

Miami has to get outta of it first...lol....

Is Shannon hell bent on a pro style offense?

Shannon is absolutely hell bent on a pro-set style of offense. And this point I don't know if variations of the spread will be tossed in but the base formation will be pro-set. I feel like variations of the spread need to be implemented because that's the trend in collge football and college football is evolving. We can't be stuck running an 80's style offense 100% of the time unless Shannon is 100% positive that our defense can contain the spread offenses so dominate in college football today.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see who the new O-coordinator is.

The search for an offensive coordinator is moving forward. As of right now Chuck Long is a strong candidate. Rip Scherer is up there as well. There are three guys who if they want the job will immediately vault to the top of the list: Mike Shula, Rob Chudzinski, and Dirk Koetter. It's not clear if any of these guys would leave the NFL to return to the college ranks but I can you that the University is prepared to pay for a top name offenseive coordinator. The money is in place. I do know for a fact that Chudzinski was in town this week but do not know if he interviewed. At this point, depending on how much the University is willing to pay for this position, I feel like Chuck Long will get this job. He runs the type of offense that Shannon wants to implement here in Miami. It looks like a hire is getting closer...

And by the way, since I haven't commented on it, rot in hell Gators.

JCane...don't let the last name fool you...You don't want Mike
Shula.Great human being,...horrible football mind.
Very predictable...80's style pro-set.
You would have to have a "Ravens" style defense to win,if Mike
has anything to do with the offense.

JCane...don't let the last name fool you...You don't want Mike
Shula.Great human being,...horrible football mind.
Very predictable...80's style pro-set.
You would have to have a "Ravens" style defense to win,if Mike
has anything to do with the offense.

Yeah lol. A few confused eyebrows were raised when we all got ahold of Mike Shula's name. None of us were very impressed. However, I truly feel that Bill Young will have our defense back to one of the tops in the country again next season. That defense is very young and we have some heavy hitters. It's all just a matter of those kids understanding that complex scheme that he runs.

Either way, no one can be worse than Patrick Nix lol.

How does the secondary look for next year?

My main concern on this team is still the OL, but the secondary hasn't exactly done a great job in recent years.

We were hoping Anthony Reddick would return for another year because he probably would have qualified for a medical redshirt. Anthony Reddick would have been a monster as a 6th year Senior. He's been my favorite player since we recruited him. I know his brother, Tony, personally. Tony says Reddick is probably going to test the NFL waters but because of knee injuries, I don't think Reddick will be drafted within the first three rounds.

Looks like our secondary will consist of Demarcus Van Dyke and Chavez Grant at cornerback, Ryan Hill at strong safety, and JoJo Nicholas at the free safety. However, keep your eyes on Brandon Harris, Brandon McGee, CJ Holton, and Vaughn Telemaque during spring ball. Harris will be a Sophomore. McGee is being recruited this season, and Holton and Telemaque will be redhsirt Freshman. Holton and Telemaque are scary dudes and heavy hitters. I think by the end of the season, those two will be holding down the secondary. They'll be a poor man's Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. Nasty...nasty kids.

Back
Top Bottom