Patrick Nix... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Nix...

I'm curious....you accurately predicted the outcome and the date...

I'm assuming this would be no different had Miami won the Emerald Bowl???

I didn't really "predict" anything. It was a foregone conclusion. There's a lot that I know to be true but if I start telling everyone the facts, then it gets from the inside, to me, to the outside, and then back to the inside. Once it gets back to the inside, information begins to get cut-off—especially if "rumors" can be traced back to sources. I have to pick and choose when to release information because the information travels so quickly in today's media.

As far as winning the Emerald Bowl is concerned, that would not have helped Nix's cause. From what I know, the decision to let Nix walk was made as early as after the Virginia Tech game when the offense could not put away the Hokies. The Georgia Tech game pretty much sealed it. Nix knew going into the final weeks that he was out as the offensive coordinator.

I didn't really "predict" anything. It was a foregone conclusion. There's a lot that I know to be true but if I start telling everyone the facts, then it gets from the inside, to me, to the outside, and then back to the inside. Once it gets back to the inside, information begins to get cut-off—especially if "rumors" can be traced back to sources. I have to pick and choose when to release information because the information travels so quickly in today's media.

As far as winning the Emerald Bowl is concerned, that would not have helped Nix's cause. From what I know, the decision to let Nix walk was made as early as after the Virginia Tech game when the offense could not put away the Hokies. The Georgia Tech game pretty much sealed it. Nix knew going into the final weeks that he was out as the offensive coordinator.

Ok that's what I was confirming....that it WAS already a foregone conclusion...no matter what happened in the bowl game...

UM fans have to be sick and tired of watching this offense perform so terrible game in and game out for 6 years....no matter who the head coach was...

But the defense always seems to throw in the towel too...especially when they're getting beat badly...

Interesting you brought up the GT game as one that helped seal Nix's fate...Coach Shannon didn't look too good there either...neither did Bill Young...

Why would you tell your defense to "tackle high" when facing an option offense like Paul Johnson's...who the hell would tell an undersized defense as it is....to tackle a 235+ pound tank like Jonathan Dwyer level?? I bet Anthony Reddick was like "um..we have a problem.." after his first attempt at that when Dwyer ran his *** over like he was a small child early in the first quarter...

From what I hear, sounds like Chudzinski is the new OC.

Not a bad hire. I thought he got a bad shake the last time around.

hmmm i asked JCane about the prospects of Chud coming back, i guess from my mouth to god's ears ehh? lol...not a bad hire at all, he will implement a pro-style offense and open things up downfield...i believe last time he was here Dorsey was our qb, our offense wasnt doing too bad then...with Chud and Bill Young as our coordinators we are pretty strong in that dept i believe...

I thought he didn't get a fair shake the last time around.

My only concern is that Harris isn't a pro-style QB, he's more of a fit for a Spread Option, but then again, neither was Marve.

Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

I came by to see if there was any news on a OC, glad I did. So is this Chudzinski deal done, or just rumors? So glad to see us get back to a pro-style offense. Maybe we'll actually throw to our RBs and TEs now.

From what I'm hearing from those close to Shannon is that Noel Mazzone, the New York Jets receivers coach has applied for the position. He's also talking with University fo Kentucky quarterbacks coach, Randy Sanders. Students who hang out by the Athletic Department have told me that they believe that Texas assistant coach, Major Applewhite was seen on the campus in Coral Gables. I never got any kind of confirmation about this so I still don't know. A friend of mine contacted me the other night from the Oceanaire in Mary Brickell Village and said that Randy Shannon was having dinner with two men but had no clue who either were and didn't have the balls to snap a photo of the men so that I could figure it out.

Word is, Howard Schnellenberger has a thick list of names for his offensive coordinator. From what I've been told, Schnellenberger's top target was Gary Nord. Nord just took the offensive coordinator gig at Purdue. If Schnellenberger is losing out to Purdue, he'll lose out to Miami if Randy has a couple of guys on his list that Howard is after. The trick is to find out who is on Howard's list and snag him lol. Easier said than done.

In reality, I don't expect this to be a quick process. I think Randy will take his time and make sure he has the right guy for the job and he will then begin locking up recruits soon after and he will use this hire as a focal point of the recruits' visits.

Here are a few other names that are being thrown around the Miami circle...

Mike Kruczek
Dana Holgorsen(Sources close to Holgorsen have say that he has in fact been contacted by Miami)
Our very own David Lee(Quarterbacks coach of the Miami Dolphins)

I'm not sure how reliable the source for Holgorsen is, but what I'm hearing from those close to Shannon and Hocutt is that the hire will be a proven X's and O's coordinator familiar with the pro-set—not the spread. I trust my sources close to Shannon and Hocutt more so than those of Holgorsen. Holgorsen, for those unfamiliar, is the offensive coordinator for the Houston Cougars. He's quite similar to Gus Malzahn the current offensive coordinator of Tulsa and soon to be offensive coordinator for Auburn. These two run high performance spread offenses and PASS PASS PASS. So to me, Holgorsen makes NO sense at all with power running backs like Bryce Brown, Mike James, and Lamar Miller coming in for the class of 2009. Randy will utilize these power backs in a pro-set.

Personally, I don't feel that anyone has been interviewed for the vacant position and I feel that Shannon is simply gathering names and looking over resumes. At this point I don't believe that Randy Sanders was ever contacted about the position and I never got conformation about Major Applewhite being spotted on campus either. To me it's all just a bunch of rumors and speculation. I haven't heard anything concrete. All I know is that shannon and Hocutt have both said that they are in no hurry to hire anyone at this point. They want to make sure they get this hire right.

This is IMO the biggest decision in the turnaround of Hurricane football.

This will determine Shannon's future as head coach of this program. He cannot whiff on this . . . he definitely should take his time.

I still think the defense will be fine, u will start to see a "hurricane caliber" defense next year and in 2010 a top 5 defense in the country. We know the defense will be strong . . . hell his recruiting classes speak volumes.

That offense worries me tho . . . please I hope things work out and we get a proven guy who can run an offense.

This is IMO the biggest decision in the turnaround of Hurricane football.

This will determine Shannon's future as head coach of this program. He cannot whiff on this . . . he definitely should take his time.

I still think the defense will be fine, u will start to see a "hurricane caliber" defense next year and in 2010 a top 5 defense in the country. We know the defense will be strong . . . hell his recruiting classes speak volumes.

That offense worries me tho . . . please I hope things work out and we get a proven guy who can run an offense.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

This is the same Randy Sanders that was run out of UT, right?? I would have rather kept Patrick Nix.....not really, but I agree terrible decision!!!

That would be the same guy.

By the way, I agree with JCane and KDawg...this is going to be a huge hire for the program going forward.

Holgerson was the OC at TTU, or at least an ***'t there. I wouldn't mind his offense, but if it's Pro-Set, then he'd definitely be out of the running.

I agree, why would we want to go with the pro set? Our run blocking isn't their yet meaning we need our passing game to open our running game up. We were our most effective this year when we had 4 reciever sets. Were very talented at reciever with Benjamin, Aldarius and Davon Johnson, Byrd,Thearon Collier, and Tommy Steeter and Kendal Thompkin coming in next year from being redshirted. Every time Shannon said he wants to narrow the recivers down, and he just went to Aldarius Johnson or Travis Benjamin every time we lost our effectiveness, where we are most effective using all the guys I just mentioned. The offense needs to be spread out more imo, thats just using what we got.

Not to mention that Harris isn't even a good fit for the Pro-style offense that Shannon apparently wants to run.

Back
Top Bottom