Patrick Surtain | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Surtain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs_no_1 said:
isnt that impossible considering your only 650K under the cap?
The word restructure mean anything? Its the pick that Surtain can bring back that we value.

wait, wait, he's right, if we got a seventh rounder, we still couldn't keep him and just need to accept it. I'd be very, very thankful

Release him? 4th rounder is good? :roflmao: Nice try.

clear.gif

Dolphann4life said:
Kansas City...hahaha what a joke.....and they wonder why they score 42 and thier opponets score 50.

Well we had some injuries last year on the defencive side of the ball, plus the team had to get used to guns new system

Nobody thought we could keep him before free agency started, and we did. By the way, we also signed a plethora of free agents while doing so. "What is a plethora?", you may ask...a lot!:wink:

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Well we had some injuries last year on the defencive side of the ball, plus the team had to get used to guns new system
Its not your system, its your personal thats garbage. Sims is good, Fujita is above average, Wesley is ok as a run support SS and Warfield is an ok #2 CB but other than that theres no talent to speak of aside from the recovering Shawn Barber. But you still have 1/4th a Dl and only 1/2 a secondary.

Chiefs_no_1 said:

Makes sense...combined with the fact that talent-wise, y'all have the defensive equivilant of our o-line last year :tongue:

Boik14 said:
The word restructure mean anything? Its the pick that Surtain can bring back that we value.

Well, that's going to take alot of restructuring sense your probably going to need a good $8-10M for the rookie pool...The #2 draft pick alone should cost about 7 years $45M and a $20M signing bonus, comparable to the deal Gallery got last year.

Chiefs_no_1 said:

Good luck with guns old system this year.its gonna be the same as last year, unless they cough up a better pick.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
isnt that impossible considering your only 650K under the cap?

There's always ways around that. But I do think Miami is not in the advantage of this particular situation. If there were ANY other suiters than KC, Miami would have a much stronger bargaining position, but as of now there isn't, so they don't.

I don't think KC will offer there 2nd (because they have other OPTIONS) but I do see them offering a 3rd and 4th this year as a compromise. So it's just a matter of how bad Saban wants to unload Surtain and his cap number.

BTW.....I don't think there's a chance that if he does stay w/Miami that the franchise him next year. Last thing they need him to do is immediately sign on the dotted line and Miami owing him @ least 8million

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Well, that's going to take alot of restructuring sense your probably going to need a good $8-10M for the rookie pool...The #2 draft pick alone should cost about 7 years $45M and a $20M signing bonus, comparable to the deal Gallery got last year.
well hence the reason we could trade down? And the restructuring will have to be just right if indeed we went that route but you never know as fans what other teams your team is bidding against.

so-long-Ricky said:
There's always ways around that. But I do think Miami is not in the advantage of this particular situation. If there were ANY other suiters than KC, Miami would have a much stronger bargaining position, but as of now there isn't, so they don't.

I don't think KC will offer there 2nd (because they have other OPTIONS) but I do see them offering a 3rd and 4th this year as a compromise. So it's just a matter of how bad Saban wants to unload Surtain and his cap number.

BTW.....I don't think there's a chance that if he does stay w/Miami that the franchise him next year. Last thing they need him to do is immediately sign on the dotted line and Miami owing him @ least 8million

No way you will franchise him that would cost
$8.4M * 1.15
--------------
$9.66M

Boik14 said:
well hence the reason we could trade down? And the restructuring will have to be just right if indeed we went that route but you never know as fans what other teams your team is bidding against.

If you trade down, you would still have to sign the guys who you get in return, and you would probably get a lot, since a number 2 is so valuable

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I dont see how Saban has much choice, either accept the 4th or release him... I don't want to start a fight or anything, but that is the truth isn't it?

No it isnt the truth, he is under contract, we can keep him for another year and then franchise him and try to trade him again next season. We arent going to cut him outright, or do you think you'd even off us a 4th rounder? Pony up the picks or have another crappy defense and that is the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom