Patrick Surtain | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Surtain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs_no_1 said:
I am a huge fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I'd just like to ask, what is the hold up on this Patrick Surtain deal? It should be done any minute we've made a very generous offer of a fourth round pick and that should be enough... Saban only has two more weeks to find another suitor and it doesn't look like that's happening, so it looks like he's going to be wearing red and gold for the fourth!!!

Sign on the dotted line already Saban :french:

X_________no way this happens____________

if we dont get no more than a 4th for sir_tan we should just keep him till next year than franchise him because he is worth at least a 2nd or a 1st chawk it we wont let him go for just a 4th:shakeno:

If he's still avalible why don't you see if you guys can get Ty Law with your generous 4th round pick.:tongue:

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Well the Fins pretty much have to get rid of Surtain, I don't see any way around it, the 4th round offer is very generous considering that the Titans couldn't get anything for Rolle, Carter, Mason. The Texans felt the same thing with Sharper, a damn good LB, they we're begging for a 4th, but couldn't get it. The Market is dried up for over priced veterans. The 4th round pick, albiet low, is just right because the demand is low, and price determines demand.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Saban is bluffing! The way I see it, this is like a poker match, Carl is like a shark that smells blood, he see's Saban shacking all over the table (Edwards signing) why, oh why would Carl not call that bluff?

You need glasses......... heres what carl can kiss :moon:

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Well... what are your alternatives?

Here's one obvious alternative:

PFW said:
A trade is said to be in the works that could go down in the next few days and affect the Redskins’ draft needs. The Redskins prefer established veterans over rookies.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2005/mock040805.htm

Why do I get the feeling that when the deal goes down... Cheaps fan is going to be the one watching somebody else bang his date at the end of the night. That's what happens when you have a GM with no balls.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Saban is bluffing! The way I see it, this is like a poker match, Carl is like a shark that smells blood, he see's Saban shacking all over the table (Edwards signing) why, oh why would Carl not call that bluff?
You've got it all figured out! Maybe you can give me tomorrow's lottery numbers

SoCal Raider said:
Here's one obvious alternative:

Why do I get the feeling that when the deal goes down... Cheaps fan is going to be the one watching somebody else bang his date at the end of the night. That's what happens when you have a GM with no balls.

agreed carl sucks, but um.. for once in a long time, we've had a decent offseason, it would be nice to cap it off

Chiefs_no_1 said:
agreed carl sucks, but um.. for once in a long time, we've had a decent offseason, it would be nice to cap it off
Too cap it off, it will take more then a 4th rounder for Surtain. Please tell me you are joking about this. :lol:

Chiefs_no_1 said:
What is he bluffing about? he put a player on the block to free up some cap space. Theres always the option of renegotiating contracts, keeping him at the current price and finding alt. ways around it. And your not the only team competing for Surtain for all we know and that alone can drive the price up. your disillusional if you think youre getting Surt for a 4th. Saban will NEVER ever do it.

However, your gm has a history in these situations. Like when the rams asked for a 1st for trent green and you originally offered a 3rd? You ended up giving the 1st for green and a 5th. Peterson has no poker face.

I think the main point you are just simply not getting is that we don't have to cut Surtain. Saban has already said that we can still sign our rookies and keep Surtain and stay under the cap. He also said that he would not change his price for Surtain which is a 2nd rounder and a mid round pick. If we do not get an offer in that range we will just keep our Pro Bowl cornerabck and leave Eric Warfield with his 4.5 speed to you and let Moss who is about 5 inches taller with 4.3 speed run all over your secondary.

You guys have two weeks left, you need to free up about 5 million cap room, and back log the you know what out of the rookie contracts, how can you possibly get this done, in two weeks? I'm willing to wait and see, I know we're the only one bidding

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Well the Fins pretty much have to get rid of Surtain, I don't see any way around it, the 4th round offer is very generous considering that the Titans couldn't get anything for Rolle, Carter, Mason. The Texans felt the same thing with Sharper, a damn good LB, they we're begging for a 4th, but couldn't get it. The Market is dried up for over priced veterans. The 4th round pick, albiet low, is just right because the demand is low, and price determines demand.

Your info is inaccurate. Go to the salary cap page on this site for a more accurate picture of our cap situation. You are also over estimating the cap hit associated with our picks. The NFL requires each team to carry a salary cap pool to cover the expected expense of the allotment of picks. Miami can meet that allocation without cutting Surtain. If KC's offer stays at a 4th rd pick, Miami will just keep Surtain. He is still playing at a very high level. Miami values his play, even if it's for just one year, more than a 4th rd pick. In the short time Saban has been our coach (and also his time at LSU and MSU) he has shown himself to be very steadfast. I have no reason to believe that he will waver on this stance.

Boik14 said:
What is he bluffing about? he put a player on the block to free up some cap space. Theres always the option of renegotiating contracts, keeping him at the current price and finding alt. ways around it. And your not the only team competing for Surtain for all we know and that alone can drive the price up. your disillusional if you think youre getting Surt for a 4th. Saban will NEVER ever do it.

However, your gm has a history in these situations. Like when the rams asked for a 1st for trent green and you originally offered a 3rd? You ended up giving the 1st for green and a 5th. Peterson has no poker face.

Green was worth every penny of that 1st and 5... What doesn't make sense to me, is why would Saban sign a FA corner and go from a bad situation to worse?

Chiefs_no_1 said:
You guys have two weeks left, you need to free up about 5 million cap room, and back log the you know what out of the rookie contracts, how can you possibly get this done, in two weeks? I'm willing to wait and see, I know we're the only one bidding

Any one of about 10 teams would offer a 4th and a 5th pick as well if they heard that Saban was going to accept your deal kid.

Miami can create the 5m in space they need with a couple of moves.
David Bowens has a 1.9m base in his last contract year. It can be re-done or he can be traded/waived. Booker has 2.9m base, it can be re-done. There are others you can shave 500K here and there from. It's not impossible and
is much more appealing then giving away a top 5 CB for nothing.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Pssh you know nothing about whos bidding. Saban doesnt release this to the press. Nice try bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom