Patrick Surtain | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Surtain

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Grimmac said:
he said it when he died. he said that he was wrong and that noone should believe him. check out "case for a creator"... it was written by an atheist who used evolution as a base for not believing in God.

there are too many holes in evolution and the world we live in was created too perfectly to be "evolved"...
that wasn't at all what he really said, but anyway I will now conclude my posts on this topic. Like I said political MB.

General Grimmac said:
man, what more can we say about surtain???? everything's been said until the deal happens for 2nd round and 5th round picks (or somewhere close)... then we can get back on the wagon and say it was a horrible trade or whatever.

I don't know what there is to discuss. But this topic isn't about sex and religion.

GRYPHONK said:
That is the first respectable thing I have heard from u all night general. I personally respect that if you truly believe this.

However, the problem in this argument is that Boik used facts and you used opinions, which Boik then called you on and you backed it up with more opinion. Therefor, Boik won hands down.

You wanna know a fact. Minnesota played Miami in 2002. Guess who held Moss to 6 catches for 50 yards no TD'S? Yup, Surtain. Surtain proceeded to play the slot and Fletcher covered Moss for one play with help on top from Marion and got burned for a 60 yard TD. Ty law in head to head gave up 109 yards on 9 or 10 catches.

So yes, I believe it is safe to say that Surtain does know how to keep Moss in check. Kind of like how he kept Harrison and Moulds in check. Chad Johnson the list goes on.
that was 3 years ago, too... he's made some amazing catches... and gotten robbed a few times, too. surtain's gotten burned a couple times, hasn't he?

GRYPHONK said:
That is the first respectable thing I have heard from u all night general. I personally respect that if you truly believe this.

However, the problem in this argument is that Boik used facts and you used opinions, which Boik then called you on and you backed it up with more opinion. Therefor, Boik won hands down.

You wanna know a fact. Minnesota played Miami in 2002. Guess who held Moss to 6 catches for 50 yards no TD'S? Yup, Surtain. Surtain proceeded to play the slot and Fletcher covered Moss for one play with help on top from Marion and got burned for a 60 yard TD. Ty law in head to head gave up 109 yards on 9 or 10 catches.

So yes, I believe it is safe to say that Surtain does know how to keep Moss in check. Kind of like how he kept Harrison and Moulds in check. Chad Johnson the list goes on.
Good post.

GRYPHONK said:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?statsId=4262&year=2002
and yes, i really believe it.
i.e. no TD, and that wasn't the best a corner had played him
i think PS is a stud... don't worry. that's why i want him to be a chief.

General Grimmac said:
that was 3 years ago, too... he's made some amazing catches... and gotten robbed a few times, too. surtain's gotten burned a couple times, hasn't he?

Not really. He's a shutdown corner. He held Holt to only 4 yards this past season when we played the Rams.

General Grimmac said:
Every Cb gets burned but there are few CBs that have Pat's skill. Champ Bailey got smoked all year last year, I'd say the only reciever I've ever seen own Surtain was Moulds. IMO on average Surtain is the BEST cover corner in the league.

Dolfan2788 said:
Wow. You guys made him change his mind from a 4th rounder being a generous offer to hoping that his team would give up a 2nd rounder and thinking a 1st rounder was just a little too much. Very persuasive bunch :)

Thats what happens when the trolls eat to much

ether79 said:
Every Cb gets burned but there are few CBs that have Pat's skill. Champ Bailey got smoked all year last year, I'd say the only reciever I've ever seen own Surtain was Moulds. IMO on average Surtain is the BEST cover corner in the league.
dude, i agree that surtain is freakin awesome. the same reason i want him to be a chief

GRYPHONK said:
So you just showed a link that proved what I stated? Or are you agreeing with me I don't get it?

Ahhh sorry. Didn't see the last of your post.
nah, i edited it... cuz i forgot to put that... sry.

General Grimmac said:
dude, i agree that surtain is freakin awesome. the same reason i want him to be a chief
Well you're the ONLY chief fan i've seen on here that does and also agrees that he's worth a 2nd plus a 2nd day pick.

ether79 said:

Don't forget Ether that the game during the whole "Moulds spit in my face" remember that whole thing. Surtain held Moulds to 2 catches for 20 yards then the 2nd game he held him to 2 catches for 30 yards I believe.

But Moulds has been succesful once or twice against him. So has Hines Ward I believe.

ether79 said:
Well you're the ONLY chief fan i've seen on here that does and also agrees that he's worth a 2nd plus a 2nd day pick.
at first i didnt... then i thought about it.
1. surtain rocks
2. our corners suck (for the most part)
3. peterson sucks at drafting the first day (with very few exceptions)
4. i don't want anyone else to have surtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom