Patrick Surtain | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Surtain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have patience....you watch Peterson and Vermeil give us a 2nd for PS...they have little choice at this point. :wink:

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Well we could always draft a player you want than trade him to you
You could but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say as all the others have that Saban won't back down from his asking price which is believed to be a 2ND. I don't see how you can argue that Surtain isn't worth a 2nd. It's MIND BLOWING.

ether79 said:
You could but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say as all the others have that Saban won't back down from his asking price which is believed to be a 2ND. I don't see how you can argue that Surtain isn't worth a 2nd. It's MIND BLOWING.

Also with the Cheifs history of 2nd round picks in the last 5 years I wouldn't touch their 2nd round picks with a 10 ft pole.

If they tried to trade us the player that they picked that is.

ether79 said:

I'm not saying Surtain isn't worth it, its just... if your on ebay and you see something you want and the buy it now is $40 and you are the leading bidder with $10 why would you use the buy it now?

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Saban said "day one pick" that means a 3rd

chiefs 3rd is a comp pick and cannot be traded. it is either a 4th or 2nd. peterson has no business being in this business. he has no poker face. trying to force leverage when there is none. miami can keep surtain one more season and sign all their rookies. there is no preasure there to release him if not traded. and as far as franchising him next year; 8 mil this year or 8 mil next, what's the diff?

bottom line is trading pat is a luxury for the phins not a necessity.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I'm not saying Surtain isn't worth it, its just... if your on ebay and you see something you want and the buy it now is $40 and you are the leading bidder with $10 why would you use the buy it now?
Because this ISN'T Ebay it's the NFL and bargain basement bids won't force a trade when a trade isn't necessary for our team.

DOLPHAN1 said:
chiefs 3rd is a comp pick and cannot be traded. it is either a 4th or 2nd. peterson has no business being in this business. he has no poker face. trying to force leverage when there is none. miami can keep surtain one more season and sign all their rookies. there is no preasure there to release him if not traded. and as far as franchising him next year; 8 mil this year or 8 mil next, what's the diff?

bottom line is trading pat is a luxury for the phins not a necessity.

The franchise rule states that the player gets a average salary of the three highest paid players at his position, or a 15% raise, whichever is greater

Chiefs_no_1 said:

well it may be something like that on ebay but saban has it reserve not met :wink:

ether79 said:
Because this ISN'T Ebay it's the NFL and bargain basement bids won't force a trade when a trade isn't necessary for our team.

When you click on salary cap, the rookie salary pool is not included, plus after the Edwards signing you are down to 650K, you probably need a good $6M right?

Chiefs_no_1 said:
The franchise rule states that the player gets a average salary of the three highest paid players at his position, or a 15% raise, whichever is greater
I think you're looking at this in the wrong light. It's not ALL about his salary, it also has a lot to do with needing picks and a belief that IF we do trade surtain we have quality insurance w/ Poole or Howard. We're not stuck in a hard spot, the Chiefs are.

Chiefs_no_1 said:

the buy it is usually the minimum bid. so you can just sit there with your $10 dollor bid all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom