Patrick Surtain | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Surtain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs_no_1 said:
people its not just the 2nd rounder that we're having trouble stomaching, its that monster 7 year $45.5M dollar deal he reportedly agreed to. Starks and McKenzie got a third because they're cheaper.

Obviously your team agrees how good he is to offer so much. A clear reason why the #4 is a joke.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
people its not just the 2nd rounder that we're having trouble stomaching, its that monster 7 year $45.5M dollar deal he reportedly agreed to. Starks and McKenzie got a third because they're cheaper.
McKenzie was dealt for a 2nd and got something like 6yrs/30m. Falls basically right in line with the market for a top Cb.

where do you guys usually go for up to date dolphins news? For chiefs news I always check http://kcchiefsnews.com/ its so up to date, its not even funny, I heard this a couple of days ago

While the Chiefs may give in to the Dolphins' demands, a compromise might be reached with Kansas City sending Miami its fourth-round selection this year and a conditional second-round pick next year. The second-round pick would be contingent on Surtain making enough starts.

I hope carl isnt dumb enough to give you guys more than what your asking.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
where do you guys usually go for up to date dolphins news? For chiefs news I always check http://kcchiefsnews.com/ its so up to date, its not even funny, I heard this a couple of days ago

You're already at the place we get our news from.

Chiefs_no_1 said:

More than what were asking??? the price has been a 2nd rounder all along...

Wow.....7 pages already! My advice is "don't feed the trolls" ...........unless of course you're just bored like myself and have really nothing better to do :tongue:

Everyone knows a 4th for Surtain is a joke and Saban will definitely not let him go for that. The questions is what vaule AND cap # does Saban believe Surtain is worth or not worth. Unless someone else steps to the plate getting a 2nd this year is going to be tough. Like I said previously, if Saban wants to unload him I can see KC forking over a couple picks this year or 3rd this year and a 3rd next year (something along those lines).

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Saban said "day one pick" that means a 3rd
Well you guys cant trade your third this year and if we're gonna take a fourth this year and something else next year I'm pretty sure Saban will want a second.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Saban said "day one pick" that means a 3rd
It could...except you cant trade your 3rd cause its a comp pick. Havent you been reading what i been saying? I mentioned this like 2x already. :fire:

I hope carl isnt dumb enough to give you guys more than what your asking.[/QUOTE]

Quite honestly that is what Saban is asking for to my knowledge. Only it's a 2nd this year and a mid pick next not a 4th this year and a conditional 2nd next. Heck I will do either and Carl needs to cough up the deal.

You see Chiefs, you mention that Saban signing Edwards hurt our leverage with this trade. I would say that the Chiefs agreeing to a contract for 7 years 45.5 mil hurts the Chiefs more then Edwards with the Phins. Think about it, if we keep Surtain we cut Edwards and his one year contract which is easily cut. If we keep Surtain everyone will know the only reason the Chiefs didn't get Surtain is because they were too cheap to give up a 2nd rounder for him. We know it isn't the money now don't we?

KC is in much worse territory then the Phins right now.

ether79 said:
Well you guys cant trade your third this year and if we're gonna take a fourth this year and something else next year I'm pretty sure Saban will want a second.
Well we could always draft a player you want than trade him to you

also when youre giving future picks, its widely known that in the nfl most gm's consider a future 2nd to be worth a 3rd now. So think about that when youre mentioning future picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom