Patrick Surtain | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Surtain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs_no_1 said:
When you click on salary cap, the rookie salary pool is not included, plus after the Edwards signing you are down to 650K, you probably need a good $6M right?
Actually i think we're ok in the cap situation. Something like 2.6 or so.

jason_taylor said:
well it may be something like that on ebay but saban has it reserve not met :wink:

Ahhh yes. I always hated the reserve:fire: LOL

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I'm not saying Surtain isn't worth it, its just... if your on ebay and you see something you want and the buy it now is $40 and you are the leading bidder with $10 why would you use the buy it now?

But if you set a minimum bid then it doesn't really matter that someone is offerring some low ball amount.

rafael said:
But if you set a minimum bid then it doesn't really matter that someone is offerring some low ball amount.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

It was a good analogy by the cheifs fan, you just made it hilarious by shutting him down. I actually did laugh out loud reading that.

you guys only have two weeks left... what are you going to do... you better start restructuring quickly

Chiefs_no_1 said:
to make cap room for the rookie pool
You do realize that we don't have to sign our draft picks the day we draft them right? We have until training camp to sign our picks(That is about 3 months AFTER the draft).

Ive always understood it that Saban sees the situation two ways. Either we make the trade what ever the compensation saban is asking or we keep him for 2005 and let him go to market in 2006. Saban wants to move that money to the O side of the ball. Pat wont be here after next year regardless, so were trying to get value for him now. Either the chiefs pony up what Saban wants now or we keep him for 05 and the chiefs can get into a bidding war with other suitors next year.

Nublar7 said:
You do realize that we don't have to sign our draft picks the day we draft them right? We have until training camp to sign our picks(That is about 3 months AFTER the draft).

From what I understand, don't teams have to make room for the rookie salary cap before the draft?

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I am a huge fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I'd just like to ask, what is the hold up on this Patrick Surtain deal? It should be done any minute we've made a very generous offer of a fourth round pick and that should be enough... Saban only has two more weeks to find another suitor and it doesn't look like that's happening, so it looks like he's going to be wearing red and gold for the fourth!!!

Sign on the dotted line already Saban :french:

X_____________________

Are you daft? A VERY GENEROUS 4th Round Pick for a 3 time pro-bowler in the prime of his career with no injuries, in a market where his ONLY competition is an old Ty Law with a screw in his ankle?

Tell you what. You could offer us the 4th rounder AND your entire starting Defense from last year and it wouldn't be NEARLY enough! You guys stunk up the place. Now with Sammy Knight and Surtain you'd have a fighting chance at least on the strong side.

You could give us your first round pick for him, though?

What's the matter? What's the hold up? We just made a VERY generous offer!

Cuz without Pat you HAVE to draft a corner and then your LB and DT situation don't get addressed in the first round and so, then... you still suck.

Ahhh... But if you get Surtain and draft a bull up front, now you're making progress.

Be THANKFUL all we want is your second round choice.

We could always insist you throw in Gonzalez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom