Patriot Forum | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriot Forum

Driven said:
Classy post!!

The real reason I am here? I have two good friends that have your EXACT story. Marino made both of them a Fhin fan but die by the Sox. They come over my house every Sunday to watch football, mostly Pats and Dolphin games. It's good fun. They had their fun at the begin, now I am having my fun.

I remember two years ago when the Pats won in OT. I had a two cousin come over, they were down from Maine and are Pats fans. So this was the first time in a while I was able watch a Pats/Fhins game with other Pats fans. Usually it's just us three and they just go nuts and rip me all game, it's not as fun when I don't have no one to high five after a big play. For years the next Monday morning I ask them why do I even invite you guys over for every Pat/Phins game? LOL.

Well two years ago I got my revenge. Once Brown caught the pass me and my cousins jumped around like the Sox did at home plate after game 4 of the ALCS. My two buddies just got up and left, not a word.

Well, sorry for the long story. But it's just that maybe you have been throught a similar story and can relate. The better story is the way we all jumped around in a bar after Foulke tossed the ball to Mientkiewicz.(Chills)

It's kind of the same thing with me except all my friends are Patriot fans. So when the Dolphins come through its a great feeling, but when things go wrong it's awful cause I have no escape, everyone gets on me for it, even my family.

You said that you finally got back at your friends last year when Brown caught that TD pass and that's great. But aside from a Monday Night game in December that meant next to nothing, I've had nothing but bad experiences when it comes to the Dolphins. Even more so then when it comes to the Red Sox. I'm not old enough to remember 1986, the only time I was really punched in the stomach by the Red Sox was in 2003. The Dolphins have hurt me so much more, I've been to Pats-Fins games up here for as long as I can remember, and the Dolphins always seem to lose the games that matter in dramatic fashion. A perfect example would have been in 2002. Week 15 we beat the Raiders in Miami, who eventually went on to the super bowl. We had 2 weeks to get 1 win to lock up a playoff spot. We go to Minnesota and lose. Week 17 in New England, I'm there. We have the leading rusher in the NFL and one of the top 5 defenses in the NFL and a late lead... We lose. I didn't hear the end of that for months.

I think it's all going to work out for the better, because the more us Dolphin fans in New England suffer now, the sweeter it will be, just ask all those longtime Sox fans who are much older than me.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
P.S. Are there any Patriot fans that can come here and discuss football instead of trying to rub everyones nose in their recent success, I want to meet one good loyal Patriot fan instead of all these Johnny come latelys.

Yes there are, and I do both here and at TheGangGreen.com. But comeon, there are insane posters everywhere, like this amazing thread:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=63712

Sort of humbles the vision of Fins fans I once had. Anyway, here's to keeping the talk above board and about football.

DW

I too, am a Fins fan in New England. I have always tried to remain humble and not rub any success in peoples' faces, but Pats fans around here don't seem to return the sentiment. It was great when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. They deserved it after 40+ years. But now (after 3 SB in 4 years), Pats fans I meet are starting to sound like Yankee fans. Arrogant as HELL! A note to Pats fans....please don't be arrogant and rub it in our faces. Patriots, like most NFL teams, are one injury away from picking in the top 10 next year.

As for the Red Sox....although I am not a lifelong fan, I was glad to watch them win the World Series last year after finally getting by the Yankees. However, I hope that the Red Sox do not win another World Series for at least 7-15 years (thus keeping the 2004 win "special"). Of course, I hope the Yankees never win another WS.

Jpex said:
I too, am a Fins fan in New England. I have always tried to remain humble and not rub any success in peoples' faces, but Pats fans around here don't seem to return the sentiment. It was great when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. They deserved it after 40+ years. But now (after 3 SB in 4 years), Pats fans I meet are starting to sound like Yankee fans. Arrogant as HELL! A note to Pats fans....please don't be arrogant and rub it in our faces. Patriots, like most NFL teams, are one injury away from picking in the top 10 next year.

As for the Red Sox....although I am not a lifelong fan, I was glad to watch them win the World Series last year after finally getting by the Yankees. However, I hope that the Red Sox do not win another World Series for at least 7-15 years (thus keeping the 2004 win "special"). Of course, I hope the Yankees never win another WS.

You are completely right when it comes to Patriot fans being arrogant. It is absolutely ridiculous, they are the Yankee fans of football, no question about it.

As far as the Red Sox are concerned, as much as I hate to admit it, they are following a road much like the Patriots took when success started to come. It is becoming a fashion statement around here to be a Red Sox fan just like it has become to be a Patriots fan, it's quite sickening, and I hope I'm wrong. But unfortunately that looks like the road we are going down as Red Sox fans.

Dirtywater said:
Yes there are, and I do both here and at TheGangGreen.com. But comeon, there are insane posters everywhere, like this amazing thread:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=63712

Sort of humbles the vision of Fins fans I once had. Anyway, here's to keeping the talk above board and about football.

DW

I agree there are crazy posters everywhere, but I can't believe the amount of Patriot fans that come here to rub our noses in it. Hell I don't understand why they aren't enjoying their own success instead of trying to bring others down.

Great name by the way, unbelievable song. However whenever I think of that song the Patriots are definitely not the first team that comes to mind. :D

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
It's kind of the same thing with me except all my friends are Patriot fans. So when the Dolphins come through its a great feeling, but when things go wrong it's awful cause I have no escape, everyone gets on me for it, even my family.

You said that you finally got back at your friends last year when Brown caught that TD pass and that's great. But aside from a Monday Night game in December that meant next to nothing, I've had nothing but bad experiences when it comes to the Dolphins. Even more so then when it comes to the Red Sox. I'm not old enough to remember 1986, the only time I was really punched in the stomach by the Red Sox was in 2003. The Dolphins have hurt me so much more, I've been to Pats-Fins games up here for as long as I can remember, and the Dolphins always seem to lose the games that matter in dramatic fashion. A perfect example would have been in 2002. Week 15 we beat the Raiders in Miami, who eventually went on to the super bowl. We had 2 weeks to get 1 win to lock up a playoff spot. We go to Minnesota and lose. Week 17 in New England, I'm there. We have the leading rusher in the NFL and one of the top 5 defenses in the NFL and a late lead... We lose. I didn't hear the end of that for months.

I think it's all going to work out for the better, because the more us Dolphin fans in New England suffer now, the sweeter it will be, just ask all those longtime Sox fans who are much older than me.

86!!!!

All I can say is be glad you were not alive for that. I remember that night so well. I can still see the look on my dad's face.

Driven said:
86!!!!

All I can say is be glad you were not alive for that. I remember that night so well. I can still see the look on my dad's face.

I bet, 2003 was bad enough.

if a Quarterback is attempting to pass he must have the ball tucked completely back into his body before it can be a fumble. This means even if he is attempting to tuck back into his body when he fumbles it is an incomplete pass.

Even though I think the Patriots screwed the Raiders with the snow job call...I think the Raiders deserved payback for screwing us in a playoff game in the 1970's (can't remember the exact year, but Stabler threw a hail mary that was total crap to beat us)....and the Raiders screwed another team with the Holy Roller...so I guess payback is a ***** Al Davis! :wink:

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Great name by the way, unbelievable song. However whenever I think of that song the Patriots are definitely not the first team that comes to mind. :D

Glad to see you got the reference. The name applies to all my teams. :D

As for the Raiders, please... it is so overrated. They had like 4 more chances to stop us, including like 2 4th down conversions. Seriously, if you watch the game, they collapsed. Suck it up and play, this is football. Check into '76 for a little Raider revenge.

Jpex said:
Pats fans I meet are starting to sound like Yankee fans. Arrogant as HELL! WS.

As both a dolphin fan and a Yankee fan I gotta laugh. When the Dolphins or Yankees win championships they DOMINATE. The Patriot "dynasty" of 3 points per game is laughable as is the Red Sox World Series. Congrats for breaking the curse but the Yanks blew it- you didn't win it. Same goes for the Patriots 3 Super Bowls - the most pathetic dynasty ever

adamprez2003 said:
As both a dolphin fan and a Yankee fan I gotta laugh. When the Dolphins or Yankees win championships they DOMINATE. The Patriot "dynasty" of 3 points per game is laughable as is the Red Sox World Series. Congrats for breaking the curse but the Yanks blew it- you didn't win it. Same goes for the Patriots 3 Super Bowls - the most pathetic dynasty ever

:shakeno:

Ho-hum, ho-hum. It is oh-so fashionable and trendy to knock tha Pats. Ho-hum, move along.

I guess a 4 game sweep of the WS is laughable. :rolleyes:

adamprez2003 said:

:roflmao: actually winning by close margins is agreat thing not a bad one...
shows how tough the team is mentally and physically... i love the fact that all 3 sb wins came from adam v being the diff.....
pats will be in detroit next yr going for the 3peat!!

Back
Top Bottom