Patriot Forum | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriot Forum

patsdynasty said:
lol and another red sox fan !!!!!

Yeah well if you knew anything about New England, which doesn't seem too likely. Then you would realize that Boston is a BASEBALL town, and always will be. The Patsies will always play second fiddle in this town because too many people don't give a flying s*** about them.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yeah well if you knew anything about New England, which doesn't seem too likely. Then you would realize that Boston is a BASEBALL town, and always will be. The Patsies will always play second fiddle in this town because too many people don't give a flying s*** about them.

Your right, Boston is a baseball town. But your wrong, plenty of people love the Pats with a passion.

It is possible to have a passion for two teams.

And when was the last time their was an empty seat in foxboro?

:roflmao: patsy is just jealous that hes stuck following his beloved phins who will not see a sb title anytime soon....

the red sox will win it all again before miami dolphins win the superbowl again.

Driven said:
Your right, Boston is a baseball town. But your wrong, plenty of people love the Pats with a passion.

It is possible to have a passion for two teams.

And when was the last time their was an empty seat in foxboro?

You think that means anything?? Who cares when the last time there was an empty seat in Foxboro.

Tell me, why could I go up to the Fenway box office 2 years ago the day before a game and buy a couple of tickets to a Texas Rangers series in August. Now I can't get tickets to a Tampa Bay series at any point in the year?

The answer is SIMPLE.. Bandwagoners.

New England loves winners, and when a team wins.. it becomes fashionable to root for them. It happened with the Patriots and now it is happening with the Red Sox. How come I could go up to the box office in Foxboro and buy tickets to a Dolphins game in 2000 when the Patriots were 5-11. The majority of the Patriots fan base is a pathetic joke.. and sadly it's becoming much of the same way with the Red Sox fanbase.

Also, don't even try to compare the sheer number of the Red Sox and Patriots fan bases... it's not even close. I can't walk anywhere here for more than 2 minutes without seeing a Red Sox hat. A hell of alot more people around here could give a flying s*it about the Patriots.

patsdynasty said:
:roflmao: patsy is just jealous that hes stuck following his beloved phins who will not see a sb title anytime soon....

the red sox will win it all again before miami dolphins win the superbowl again.

So be it if that's the case. I'd rather suffer with the Dolphins than root for that s*it stinking franchise you root for. And when it does happen, oh how sweet it will be.

BTW, I think the Patriots bandwagon is full enough. I don't think they need someone like you on board now. Been a fan for 4 years, like many of your fellow fans I see.

See you guys on January 1st, 2006. I'll be at Gillette sporting the Aqua and Orange, Sam Madison jersey to be exact. "Wonderboy" Brady can get his annual whipping by the Dolphins secondary and Jason Taylor.:D

You know what Fan inPatsyland I have to laugh at you a little bit. The reason is your bashing of bandwagon jumpers. When did you become a Dolphins fan? Oh, when marino came to town. He was a great player who you loved to watch so you became a fan (which is no problem in my book). So you are saying it is ok for you to do that but not for someone who likes a team you hate? So if a fan suddenly likes New England because he likes to watch Tom Brady he is a bandwagon jumper? I guess you are a bandwagon jumper as well then.

Minvardar said:
You know what Fan inPatsyland I have to laugh at you a little bit. The reason is your bashing of bandwagon jumpers. When did you become a Dolphins fan? Oh, when marino came to town. He was a great player who you loved to watch so you became a fan (which is no problem in my book). So you are saying it is ok for you to do that but not for someone who likes a team you hate? So if a fan suddenly likes New England because he likes to watch Tom Brady he is a bandwagon jumper? I guess you are a bandwagon jumper as well then.

There's a difference, the people I'm talking about are 20 and older, who didn't talk or care about the Patriots till 2001, now you can't shut them up.

I was younger than 10, the Dolphins have been my favorite team right out of the gate, I never liked anyone else. When I finally figured out what football was and understood it, the Dolphins were my team. You wanna call a 7 year old a bandwagon jumper?? Go right ahead, but it's alittle pathetic. I have my Dolphins Starter Jacket in my closet from elementry school to back it up.

Also, I don't have a problem with someone liking a team because he loves to watch a certain player play. I have a problem when that fan starts liking that team after that certain player wins 3 of the past 4 superbowls.

BTW, Marino wasn't the only player that drew me to the Dolphins franchise. OJ McDuffie and Irving Fryar were a couple of other guys. I kind of remember Troy Vincent here, and I remember him being pretty solid for us. But anything before that gets really hazy.

PUH-LEASE!

I live in LA now and even I know more about the truth than you do. Yes Boston is a Red Sox town. Just like NY is a Yankee town. LA is a Lakers town. Does that mean the fans there can not root for the Pats, Giants & Dodgers respectivley? NO!

What a joke. Enough with this lame-a$$ arguement. It has no meaning or merit. If I am to take you right, the people who are fans of the Patriots that didn't become fans until Belichick came and started winning are:

1. Not allowed to be called fans
2. Should be held responsible for not rooting for the team prior
3. Will never be as good of a fan as you

Complete BS! Who gives you the right to judge? If you want the truth, there were plenty of Pats fans throughout New England before Parcells. The Patriots were always a sub-standard NFL franchise give or take a few seasons where they played better than expected. Should have go to the Super Bowl in '76 (Raiders...irony.) In '85 we got to the Super Bowl and were trounced by the greatest team ever assembled (Sorry '72 Dolphins.) No wonder that didn't enchant the region. Does that mean there were 6 fans? No! There were plenty. And I was there to see them.

Then, once Orthwein signed Bill Parcells to coach here, the modern era of Patriots football started. Fan interest shot way up in '92 due to the hiring of the legitimate Parcells. We drafted Drew and the rest is history. The fan base has been up ever since that day. And we don't need to justify our fondness of the Patriots to outsiders who have a self-hatred to where they live. No pro team is holding you hostege. Don't like the area? Leave. That simple.

We have had our differences in other threads and have come to a meeting of the minds, so know I am not attacking you personaly though it may appear that way. I know you are a decent enough of a guy, but that 3rd grade arguement that people are not allowed to root for a team since they haven't rooted for them since the day they were born is nonsense. So is the people are good/bad fans due to where they live.

You're better than that. Seriously.

DW

Dirtywater said:
PUH-LEASE!

I live in LA now and even I know more about the truth than you do. Yes Boston is a Red Sox town. Just like NY is a Yankee town. LA is a Lakers town. Does that mean the fans there can not root for the Pats, Giants & Dodgers respectivley? NO!

What a joke. Enough with this lame-a$$ arguement. It has no meaning or merit. If I am to take you right, the people who are fans of the Patriots that didn't become fans until Belichick came and started winning are:

1. Not allowed to be called fans
2. Should be held responsible for not rooting for the team prior
3. Will never be as good of a fan as you

Complete BS! Who gives you the right to judge? If you want the truth, there were plenty of Pats fans throughout New England before Parcells. The Patriots were always a sub-standard NFL franchise give or take a few seasons where they played better than expected. Should have go to the Super Bowl in '76 (Raiders...irony.) In '85 we got to the Super Bowl and were trounced by the greatest team ever assembled (Sorry '72 Dolphins.) No wonder that didn't enchant the region. Does that mean there were 6 fans? No! There were plenty. And I was there to see them.

Then, once Orthwein signed Bill Parcells to coach here, the modern era of Patriots football started. Fan interest shot way up in '92 due to the hiring of the legitimate Parcells. We drafted Drew and the rest is history. The fan base has been up ever since that day. And we don't need to justify our fondness of the Patriots to outsiders who have a self-hatred to where they live. No pro team is holding you hostege. Don't like the area? Leave. That simple.

We have had our differences in other threads and have come to a meeting of the minds, so know I am not attacking you personaly though it may appear that way. I know you are a decent enough of a guy, but that 3rd grade arguement that people are not allowed to root for a team since they haven't rooted for them since the day they were born is nonsense. So is the people are good/bad fans due to where they live.

You're better than that. Seriously.

DW

Alright, I don't even know where the hell to begin with this one. You are bringing up crap that went down BEFORE I was born, all that may be true, and that is fine.

I'm telling you what I have seen with my own eyes the past couple of years. You just admitted you live in LA, so you obviously don't have a sense of what is going on here NOW.

You are right, there are alot of true Patriot fans that have stuck with the team when they s*cked, and I applaud them. True diehards (My cousins have been season ticket holders since the 80's, and this arguement also doesn't include you). HOWEVER, recently there has been an enourmous group of bandwagoners claiming to be part of the Patriot fan base. This has happened with the Red Sox too, if you don't see that, then you are oblivious. I know you see that though because you essentially admitted that many fans are fairweather.

Why would I leave the area?? I don't feel like I'm being held hostage. I love Boston, I was born and raised here and don't have any plans to move in the near future. Not to mention I'm a Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins fan, I'm not gonna leave cause I despise one team. Not worth it.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Why would I leave the area?? I don't feel like I'm being held hostage. I love Boston, I was born and raised here and don't have any plans to move in the near future. Not to mention I'm a Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins fan, I'm not gonna leave cause I despise one team. Not worth it.

OK, now we are getting somewhere. Let me ask you, because it looks to the casual observer like myself that you were born & raised in New England. Why did you become a Fins fan, and if I may ask, your age? Just curious how you became a Fins fan.

As to the 'badwagoneers', well I guess you are refering to the Soccer Moms and kids suddenly donning a Pats shirt, etc.. This is not meant as an insult, but that is what happens when you win. People take notice. It uplifts a region. People can suddenly identify with something that is positive and brings the community together. Happens everywhere, especially in sports cities like Boston.

I just think you're taking it all a little too seriously. It's only sports. It's funa nd when your team's time in the spotlight comes, enjoy it because t doesn't last forever.

Cheers. :drinkers:

DW

Dirtywater said:
OK, now we are getting somewhere. Let me ask you, because it looks to the casual observer like myself that you were born & raised in New England. Why did you become a Fins fan, and if I may ask, your age? Just curious how you became a Fins fan.

As to the 'badwagoneers', well I guess you are refering to the Soccer Moms and kids suddenly donning a Pats shirt, etc.. This is not meant as an insult, but that is what happens when you win. People take notice. It uplifts a region. People can suddenly identify with something that is positive and brings the community together. Happens everywhere, especially in sports cities like Boston.

I just think you're taking it all a little too seriously. It's only sports. It's funa nd when your team's time in the spotlight comes, enjoy it because t doesn't last forever.

Cheers. :drinkers:

DW

I'm 19, and I became a Dolphins fan cause I enjoyed watching Marino, McDuffie and Fryar play. Although my mom thinks it had to do with their colors when I was younger. :lol:

Anyway, when Marino retired after that brutal loss to Jay Fiedler's Jaguars I started to take a liking to younger players like Madison, Surtain, Thomas and Taylor that are now stars today. I have been with them ever since.

And yes I am referring to everyone that has a Tom Brady jersey on all of a sudden, although not so much kids. I attended both Dolphins Patriots games last year, and the first game at Gillette there was a lady behind me that saw my Dolphins jersey on. This was when we were 0-6, and she leans over and said "You know the Dolphins s*ck. Why are you a fan of them?" And I just laughed.. some (Not All) Patriot fans are unbelievable, but I guess it's like that with every teams fans.

I know you are a good guy dirtywater, and there are alot of Patriot fans that deserve this success, I know lots of them.. people in my family do, and from the sounds of things, you do too.. Enjoy it.

:roflmao: u ar e 19??? no wonder u are so bitter about the pats, ive been a pats fan since 1972 long before you were even thought of so go ahead and call some pats fans band wagon fans all you want but I had season tix through the bleak days and now all of us loyal patriot fans out there are finally being rewarded for sticking with the team.

btw red sox up 8-0 and david wells is looking like a real pitcher again!!!!!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom