Patriot Forum | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriot Forum

FaninPatsyLand said:
You are probably right, it might have been their colors that turned me into a Dolfan. But whatever it was, I'm damn glad for it. You guys could win every Super Bowl from now till forever, and it doesn't matter. I'd rather stick with the phins if they go 0-16 every year then root for that pathetic organization you call YOUR team. I also wouldn't want to be a part of that arrogant and classless fanbase (not all, but YOU are a perfect example of that) :lol:

funny kid , when did telling u the facts become arrogant?

u cant accept the fact what i said is right, and its sad ur only 19 and u havent even seen the mighty phins in the big show, since miami was in their last sb in 1985, pats have gone 5 times and along the way beat up on the floundering phins in marinos prime!!!!!!!!!! afc title game pats 31-16
u guys were scared u knew the bears were waiting for u....
if miami played them that blowout would of looked like a close contest because da bears would of annialiated you guys plain and simple.....

would of been ugly.. we actually saved face for u guys, your welcome!

patsdynasty said:
funny kid , when did telling u the facts become arrogant?

u cant accept the fact what i said is right, and its sad ur only 19 and u havent even seen the mighty phins in the big show, since miami was in their last sb in 1985, pats have gone 5 times and along the way beat up on the floundering phins in marinos prime!!!!!!!!!! afc title game pats 31-16
u guys were scared u knew the bears were waiting for u....
if miami played them that blowout would of looked like a close contest because da bears would of annialiated you guys plain and simple.....

would of been ugly.. we actually saved face for u guys, your welcome!

:sleep:

Go home Patsy, no one wants to listen to you spew useless garbage here.. :lol:

spew useless garbage here

lol is that what u call the facts ?

ok fine....

bottom line used to be pats fan, is the last time your team was even in the SB your mommy and dady were debating on wether or not they should make a little fin fan or not. and as luck would have it they did and here you are still not sure how it feels to see your team win it all in superbowl.

keep plugging away with your xbox, miami probably wins it all on there for u

:roflmao:

FaninPatsyLand,

I'd rather stick with the phins if they go 0-16 every year then root for that pathetic organization you call YOUR team. I also wouldn't want to be a part of that arrogant and classless fanbase (not all, but YOU are a perfect example of that)
clear.gif

Seriously, I think you are using the wrong word. Pathetic? Though you may hate us, that simply doesn't apply to a team that has won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls. We are simply yet another organization in the NFL, no different. And if you did have issues with the way an organization was run, I would think your anger would be directed to an Oakland or a Washington. I know you and PD have issues, but come on. :lol:

Second, let me clear this up for you and everyone who reads these boards. No one single fanbase (Raiders included) are made up of the same types of people. This means that any team, say Cleveland for example, have jerk/classless/nice/angry/arrogant/etc. fans. When your team wins, every team will have guys that flaunt and rub it in, while others feel that their team does the talking, etc.. Just know that those types of fans exist everywhere. Though you are in the eye of the storm, please realize this. What changed this for me was working in the sports media. You start to see things for how they really are.

Anyway, all good and I look forward to a great AFC East season. Cheers.

DW

FaninPatsyLand said:
HOWEVER, recently there has been an enourmous group of bandwagoners claiming to be part of the Patriot fan base. This has happened with the Red Sox too, if you don't see that, then you are oblivious. I know you see that though because you essentially admitted that many fans are fairweather.
it.

FPL,

Dude you are out of your mind. The one thing your can never say about Sox fans is that they are fairweather fans/bandwagoners.

Please do not try and agrue this issue.

Driven said:
FPL,

Dude you are out of your mind. The one thing your can never say about Sox fans is that they are fairweather fans/bandwagoners.

Please do not try and agrue this issue.

Explain why 2 years ago I could get tickets to a July game in Fenway against the Rangers. Now, people can't get tickets to a September game against the 100+ loss Devil Rays. Seriously, I'd love to know your reasoning??

The true Red Sox diehards are some of the most loyal fans in sports. But anyone who defends that large group of people who didn't know s*it about baseball before and then all of a sudden started dawning Ortiz jerseys is just ignorant. It happened with the Patriots and it is happening with the Sox. However, those fans will not ever fully know the sweet taste of victory and just how precious it is to overcome defeat. So it doesn't really bother me too much, but don't try and deny it..

FaninPatsyLand said:
Explain why 2 years ago I could get tickets to a July game in Fenway against the Rangers. Now, people can't get tickets to a September game against the 100+ loss Devil Rays. Seriously, I'd love to know your reasoning??

The true Red Sox diehards are some of the most loyal fans in sports. But anyone who defends that large group of people who didn't know s*it about baseball before and then all of a sudden started dawning Ortiz jerseys is just ignorant. It happened with the Patriots and it is happening with the Sox. However, those fans will not ever fully know the sweet taste of victory and just how precious it is to overcome defeat. So it doesn't really bother me too much, but don't try and deny it..

Dude, you're living in hell. :roflmao:

Seriously though, No matter what sport, what city, any time you win it all, more people will follow a team. Now, since you're in the belly of the beast, it may seem a bit worse, but come on. Boston has been and always will be a Sox town. Plus, the new ownership has really tried to make the experience that much more desireable with new seats, fan interaction and a better product on the field than during the yawkey era. All those things will lead to your answers.

Cheers.

FaninPatsyLand said:

2 years ago you could not go to the box office on game day and get two tix together anywhere decent. But 2 years maybe you could get a standing room or crappy beacher seats at game day. Now you can't get any of those tix on game day.

So because a hundred crappy seats get sold to scappers all of the Boston is a bunch of bandwagongers?

You really do not know what you are talking about.

Driven said:
2 years ago you could not go to the box office on game day and get two tix together anywhere decent. But 2 years maybe you could get a standing room or crappy beacher seats at game day. Now you can't get any of those tix on game day.

So because a hundred crappy seats get sold to scappers all of the Boston is a bunch of bandwagongers?

You really do not know what you are talking about.

I don't know what I'm talking about?? :lol:

When did I ever say Boston is a bunch of bandwagoners?? Seriously, learn to read dude.. :shakeno:

Anyway, if you don't want to admit that the number of "Patriot fans" has grown since 2001 and the number of "Red Sox fans" has grown since 2003 then that's your problem. The Celtics fanbase has stayed pretty consistent as has the Bruins.. hmmmm wonder why. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm done with this arguement. I'm sick of typing the same stuff over and over, believe what you want. I'm going back to watch the Celtics.

P.S. You are so wrong about not being able to go and purchase solid seats the day of the game during the 2002 season. It's almost funny how wrong you are, but whatever..

Dirtywater said:
Dude, you're living in hell. :roflmao:

Seriously though, No matter what sport, what city, any time you win it all, more people will follow a team. Now, since you're in the belly of the beast, it may seem a bit worse, but come on. Boston has been and always will be a Sox town. Plus, the new ownership has really tried to make the experience that much more desireable with new seats, fan interaction and a better product on the field than during the yawkey era. All those things will lead to your answers.

Cheers.

Nah dude I love Boston, great city. It may seem like it's painful to live here, but it really isn't. :lol:

I completely agree with everything in your post. Maybe I notice it more, but all along, all I have been trying to say is that the number of fans of those two organizations has gone up dramatically. I agree, happens with every city, it's not a knock on Boston. Why would I try to knock my hometown??

But when people are ignorant and refuse to acknowledge that fact, its funny.

Finally, we can put this debate to rest and move on. Enjoy the Celtics run in the playoffs, hopefully it doesn't end tonight. Enjoy the Red Sox season, and see you in Dolphins Stadium next fall! :evil:

FaninPatsyLand said:
See the point you are missing is that I NEVER rooted for the Patriots for any stretch of time, so to say I "abandoned ship" is misinformed. I'm perfectly happy being a Dolphins fan. But as an added bonus, it's going to be OH SO sweet seeing all of those "Patriots fans" crawl back into the woodwork.

I don't really know any of the sufferings that older generations of Red Sox fans had to endure, so it wasn't as special and rewarding to me as it was to older people across New England. I've suffered more heartache with the Dolphins than I ever did with the Red Sox (2002 Week 17 in Foxboro anyone? The best RB in the NFL, a top 5 defense and a double digit lead in the 4th). I'm patient in waiting for my teams time, I don't need punk Patriot fans like Patsdynasty talking s*it about seeing my team win on Playstation.

I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling when your team takes the Super Bowl, I wouldn't know, haven't even seen the Phins in the AFC Championship game. The longer the wait, the sweeter it will be. And if it doesn't happen in my lifetime, oh well it wasn't meant to be. But I still loving watching the Aqua and Orange play, and always will.

Preach on Brother.

wow what a great game for the celtics, now hopefully they can close it out with a win. and red sox won too!!!!!!!

and yanks lost again!!!!! :roflmao:

FaninPatsyLand said:
I don't know what I'm talking about?? :lol:

When did I ever say Boston is a bunch of bandwagoners?? Seriously, learn to read dude.. :shakeno:

Anyway, if you don't want to admit that the number of "Patriot fans" has grown since 2001 and the number of "Red Sox fans" has grown since 2003 then that's your problem. The Celtics fanbase has stayed pretty consistent as has the Bruins.. hmmmm wonder why. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm done with this arguement. I'm sick of typing the same stuff over and over, believe what you want. I'm going back to watch the Celtics.

P.S. You are so wrong about not being able to go and purchase solid seats the day of the game during the 2002 season. It's almost funny how wrong you are, but whatever..

That's it change your tune now.

Justr because you base a whole post stating someone is wrong does not make it true. Now stop talking out of your arse. Getting solid gameday tix has not been a reality in years.

Maybe you should move to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom