Pats sign Morris, going after Welker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats sign Morris, going after Welker

Pats to sign Miami's Welker to offer sheet

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2786731

Already more active than usual in the early stages of free agency, as evidenced by their agreement with standout unrestricted linebacker Adalius Thomas, the New England Patriots are poised to make another bold move.

A team source told ESPN.com on Saturday that the Patriots plan to sign Miami wide receiver Wes Welker, a three-year veteran and an explosive all-around performer, to a restricted free agent offer sheet in an attempt to pirate him away from the Dolphins.

The Dolphins earlier this week made Welker a qualifying offer of $1.3 million.
When the Patriots officially execute the offer sheet to Welker, the Dolphins will have seven days to either match it or pass on it. If Miami matches the offer sheet, it will retain Welker at the terms of the deal New England negotiated with him. If the Dolphins do not match the offer sheet, they will receive a second-round pick in the 2007 draft from the Patriots as compensation.

i like welker, but i really wouldnt mind the 2nd rd pick wed get for him. we got alot of holes to fill especially on offensive line because miamis doing jack crap in free agency

I love Wes for all he has done, but I would have to take a 2nd rounder from New England over keeping him. We can take Ginn Jr., as our new kickoff and punt returner...he is faster than Welker and can break one at anytime. Let the Pat's have him.

:dolphins:

Noo.. Wes Welker was one of my favorite players last year... to see him on the dark side would be a travesty

hes gonna kill us... but we need all the picks we can get...

The thing is Wes gets open, and he gets open vs NE. He was consistent last year, and actually exceptional as a 3rd WR. He is a keeper. He reminds me of Howard Twilley from our 17 - 0 days.

:nesucks:

I knew there would be offers coming in for Wes but I would absolutely hate to see him in a Pats uniform :boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom