Pats sign Morris, going after Welker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats sign Morris, going after Welker

I wonder if its a poison pill deal, the Dolphins might have to let them take him.

Wow. As much as I liked Wes Welker, I say let's take the second round pick.

:nesucks:

I knew there would be offers coming in for Wes but I would absolutely hate to see him in a Pats uniform :boohoo:

I would be shocked if Bell doesn't get an offer too. Bell and Welker are two we need to keep. They are more valuable than second round picks and they are still young.

This is not surprising to me. Troy Brown is contemplating retirement and NE needs someone as versatile to take over.

With NE spending so much on FAs, they won't need their draft picks.

The Pats will over pay, and lose a 2nd round pick. Sorry, but this hurts them more than it hurts us. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I'm warming up to Ted Ginn Jr. just alittle bit now.

I'm glad I'm not the GM... Welker or a 2nd is one of the hardest decisions I have ever made an opinion on. And I still don't know what my opinion is

I was going to order an orange Wes jersey...guess I won't order one now. I would hate to see him with the Patsies but we can get a beast O-lineman in the 2nd round...lets do it. :tongue:

2nd-rounder for Wes Welker? You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Nice job with that tender, Cam!!!!!!

Damn, we can now trade #9 & a 2nd to move up for Calvin Johnson.

We'd still have a 2nd or 3rd remaining. That'd be GREAT.

Wow. As much as I liked Wes Welker, I say let's take the second round pick.

Yea, I tend to agree. Getting a #2 for a #3 WR is a pretty nice deal and since NE has 2 1st rounders it makes sense for them to get a slot WR to eventually replace Troy Brown.

a 2nd rounder? For WES? What? Is this some kind of sick joke? Why would we even think twice about letting them take him?

I completely agree, if we tendered him for a 2nd rounder.....it was nice knowing you Wes, thank you for your services, and peace out!

If it's true, I would match the offer by the Pats unless it's some crazy numbers. I don't want a 2nd round pick that bad. I've been sitting in the stands watching Wes get open time after time, and not get the ball. Brady will get him the ball every single time, and we will regret not matching this offer. Wes would kill us for years to come if he went to the Pats. Knowing the Pats though, or any team for that matter.. The offer is probably going to scare us away, because of the money up front. Say what you want, but if you've seen Wes play from the stands.. you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom