Pats sign Morris, going after Welker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats sign Morris, going after Welker

I think we use our second rounders now to get another pick in the first and draft Quinn and Ginn/Jarret

Seeing Wes in a Patsies uniform will make me throw up and you just know he's gonna absolutely kill us when we play, but... a 2nd rounder is really tempting. The flexibility we'd get with another 2nd rounder is huge.

Pipe down Guys

i just don't see the Pat wasting a 2nd round pick on WES Welker
The little guy has tons of Heart but please.

if the pats are serious about signing Wes they may offer a 3rd or 4th round Pick

now will you take a 3rd or 4th for WES ?

Patriot FO are a bunch of smart businessmen.

I say no deal if it's 4th (60plus catch , 700plus yard, one of the best 3rd down option is what we have in wes)

Again the Dolphins may not be able to match the offer because the deal may have a poison pill in it.

2nd-rounder for Wes Welker? You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Nice job with that tender, Cam!!!!!!

Damn, we can now trade #9 & a 2nd to move up for Calvin Johnson.

We'd still have a 2nd or 3rd remaining. That'd be GREAT.

I'd rather trade down and get a couple more picks. We have a bunch of roster openings and there may be more by the end of next week. Remember the free agent class this year is dismal.

We could trade down and get like another 2nd and 3rd,4th,or 5th. Ginn is sliding and will probably still be there for us in the 1st even if we trade down.

all the draft picks either me an a complete rebuld via draft or use a few of those move up for quinn and still have afull draft going.

The Pats 2nd round pick is like having an early 3rd rounder. Don't get me wrong.. it is a 2nd rounder, but they pick 28th in that round.. 60th overall. I don't like it.. The only thing that gets me excited about this is the fact that we could possibly package our 2 2nd's and get into the late first. It could open up other pick trades or more players to. Yes.. having more pics would give us more chances in the draft, but it wont come without a big price. I just would really hate to see Wes in a Patriots Uni.

I can't believe what a year makes.... Last year Wes Welker was on the verge of not making the club and now we could get a 2 round for him. Amazing.

The Pats 2nd round pick is like having an early 3rd rounder. Don't get me wrong.. it is a 2nd rounder, but they pick 28th in that round.. 60th overall. I don't like it.. The only thing that gets me excited about this is the fact that we could possibly package our 2 2nd's and get into the late first. It could open up other pick trades or more players to. Yes.. having more pics would give us more chances in the draft, but it wont come without a big price. I just would really hate to see Wes in a Patriots Uni.

without known Who the the FIN F.O are target in any round I hope Muller will trade Back not up!

I love Wes....but for a second round pick....bye bye.

Now get rid of McMicheal....and draft Olsen.

Any takers for a Lemon? LOL.

This is great news!!! We just added a 6th round pick by trading Wilkinson to DEN.

And now add another 2nd round pick for Welker!!!

Woo Hoo!!! Plus, we are shopping Mcmichael for a 3rd rounder as well!!!

This is beginning to make sense more and more...

I knew the Welker signing had more to it than met the eye. With Chambers a better slot WR...I was confused to why they tendered Welker. It was because Mueller knew that Welker would fetch us a 2nd round pick.

Let's go Mueller! Do your thing!

wait, we get a second rounder?? bye Wes...
to say thiat is stupid why give up our best player on offence last for a late second round pick from a rivle team that would be so stupid

I doubt the Dolphins match the offer sheet.
The possible thoughts of having two 2nd round picks is nice.

Pipe down Guys

i just don't see the Pat wasting a 2nd round pick on WES Welker
The little guy has tons of Heart but please.

if the pats are serious about signing Wes they may offer a 3rd or 4th round Pick

now will you take a 3rd or 4th for WES ?

Patriot FO are a bunch of smart businessmen.

I say no deal if it's 4th (60plus catch , 700plus yard, one of the best 3rd down option is what we have in wes)

Im pretty sure when it comes to a tender contract, they don't have a choice, if they decided to sign him and we don't match, they MUST send us a second round pick. So as of now we have the upper hand unless we accept something else, which there is no reason why we would do that.

Back
Top Bottom