Pats sign Morris, going after Welker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats sign Morris, going after Welker

i wna konw if we get picks for all these FA we lose if they perform to a level next year.

:nesucks:

I knew there would be offers coming in for Wes but I would absolutely hate to see him in a Pats uniform :boohoo:

I loved Welker, but a second round pick would go a long way towards filling some spots at QB and/or OL.

Hagan could move to the 3rd receiver slot and Vick could take over punt return duties. Both of those guys are much faster than Welker although Welker did have a knack for getting open and HANGING ON TO THE BALL, something that Hagan hasn't proved he can do YET.

GO PHINS~!

I'm curious to see what happens now that we lost Morris. Barnes is not expected to return, and that leaves us with Brown and Minor. Ricky's return is not 100% certain, and I expect we puruse one via FA.

I, as well as almost everyone, am a Welker fan. I do realize that Welker was our most consistent WR last season, and helped in the return game. However, a 2nd round pick? I'd take it. Yes, Welker is a fan favorite and consistent, but he's not a game changer nor a deep threat. Either way, Welker on the team, or a 2nd round pick, I'm fine with both. (3) picks in the top 60? I'll take that.

Here's the Offer from NE to Wes

The Pats are going to offer a 7 year, $38.5 million offer sheet to Wes.

Heres the link.

So would you rather match the offer or take the Pats 2nd round pick??

I was hoping it'd be another team that gives us a 2nd rounder. Wes was a very hard working player and it'll suck to see him go. Man, the Patriots are just stealing players from us. First Adalius, then Morris, and now Wes. Why couldn't they just dump Tom Brady and take Daunte Culpepper and our other assortment of dung? :lol:

wow, definitely take that pick.....that is ridiculous. wes deserves his fair share but wow....

Thats a little over 5 million a year. My only regret would be not putting a first and third round tender on him (or at least a first) as much as I love Wes he isn't worth THAT much. Though he will work hard to try and prove he is.

yah definitly should have put a 1st round tender on him. When i first heard about this i would have thought we would match, but h will be making more than: cc, cpep, books. Just to name a few. So definitly take the pick. Is there anyway we can change the tender (probly not but just asking) I love wes and will hate seeing him play in new england.

the actual deal is 18 million[gaurenteed is 12] for 6 yrs with 3 million signing bonus,For the 7th year he gets a 20 million if he plays 5 games for miami[the so called poison pill]

so that avg 3 million a yr for 6 yrs or if he gets the gaurenteed money about 2 million a year

i hate the pats....morris okay, still sux but okay....

it would kill me to see wes on their squad

It wouldn't kill me for a 2nd. They can have him for that. The second 2 would REALLY come in handy.

the actual deal is 18 million[gaurenteed is 12] for 6 yrs with 3 million signing bonus,For the 7th year he gets a 20 million if he plays 5 games for miami[the so called poison pill]

so that avg 3 million a yr for 6 yrs or if he gets the gaurenteed money about 2 million a year

Do you have a link to the details of the poison pill you listed? Thanks

thats 2 very good special teamers we lost to division douches!!! this sucks...but that 2nd rounder is nice

Back
Top Bottom