Pats sign Morris, going after Welker | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats sign Morris, going after Welker

what do you mean 'what'? the man speaks the truth!

he said, 'to say thiat is stupid why give up our best player on offence last for a late second round pick from a rivle team that would be so stupid'

besides the spelling errors he is right. wes was our best player on offense last year and everyone doesnt even flinch when we want to let our biggest rival steal him from right under our nose for the 60th overall pick?

maybe if this was the 1st pick of the 2nd round, but wes is worth more to us than the #60 overall pick. i say we match that contract asap wes welker is the man!

everyone remember what happened to dick satan after he cut heath evans? he owned us when cory dillon was injured. the same thing will happen to us if we give wes away for what really is a 3rd round pick. wes welker has 5 feet and 7 inches of heart and gives it all on every play he is on the field for.

60th overall pick for us and welker to the pats? i guess i shouldnt be surprised by the sentiment on this message board due to the track record this board has of hating on all of our good offensive players.

wes welker please dont go!!!!!!! man that game against new england on monday night in 2004 is one i'll remember forever. i love you wes welker(in a football related way)!!!

Why are you acting like Welker is worth more than the 60th pick in the draft? He isn't. He sure as hell isn't worth the kind of money New England is offering him, either. Aside from him being a gutsy player whose desire and tenacity outweighs his physical ability, there is nothing irreplaceable about him.

The fact that he was our most productive offensive player last year is more of an indictment on just how inept our offense was more than an accurate picture of how good Wes is. How many of his catches came on 3rd downs where the first two options were blanketed by DB's? Most of them didn't even go for first downs.

As a return man, he was adequate, but nothing more. I think a lot of you severely overrate how good he really is just because he is such a fan favorite due to his "underdog" status.

Take the 2nd rounder and run, Dolphins.

Why are you acting like Welker is worth more than the 60th pick in the draft? He isn't. He sure as hell isn't worth the kind of money New England is offering him, either. Aside from him being a gutsy player whose desire and tenacity outweighs his physical ability, there is nothing irreplaceable about him.

The fact that he was our most productive offensive player last year is more of an indictment on just how inept our offense was more than an accurate picture of how good Wes is. How many of his catches came on 3rd downs where the first two options were blanketed by DB's? Most of them didn't even go for first downs.

As a return man, he was adequate, but nothing more. I think a lot of you severely overrate how good he really is just because he is such a fan favorite due to his "underdog" status.

Take the 2nd rounder and run, Dolphins.

if he isn't worth the kind of money then why did new england sign him to the offer sheet? either a: they think that welker is worth the huge amount of cash, or option b: they know that welker is the heart and soul of our offense and special teams and that losing him will mean a much tougher season next year.

i agree with you that wes should not be our top producing wideout last year, but wes didnt trade for daunte+joey or put together that o-line so he did amazing with the offense he was forced to play in which in my opinion says a lot more about his real worth to our football team.

wes welker took a kickoff return to the house against the ravens in 04, any little white receiver that can do that in an nfl game is more than adequate. the man is a beast in punt returns, watch the 2004 new england mnf game and then tell me that he is just adequate. how dare you.

wes is worth a 1st rounder to our team, not a glorified 3rd rounder.

here is my solution, sign him to the sheet that the patriots offered and see how next year goes. we can always cut him next year if he doesnt live up to the pay he will get, or we can always restructure.

we are just asking to get owned by the patriots if welker signs with them. it makes me vomit in my mouth a little everytime i think of him returning punts for those douchebags. :(

ignoring the "poison pill" did I read they are offering welker 3m per year? That's way too much let him go we can easily replace him in the 2nd round. He was the heart of our team the last year or two but at that price I'm ecstatic we get a 2nd rounder.

Back
Top Bottom