Pats Vs. Broncos | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats Vs. Broncos

Now, maybe they'll can the upteen commercials featuring Patsies' themes.

The 1985 Chicago Bears, arguably the best team in NFL history (I know, I know; work with me here.), drafted Doug Flutie in the 1986 draft. They've never been back to the Super Bowl.

The 2003-2004 New England Patriots, owner of the longest winning streak in NFL history, made more impressive by league procedures that should inhibit that sort of thing, picked up Doug Flutie in the 2005 offseason . . .

Sean Salisbury has to give us his "expert" analysis now on ESPN. I can't wait.

Iraqis_topple_large_Saddam_statue_in_Bag-1.jpg

The "DYNASTY" is DEAD! The difference was this Super bowl. If New England did something that no team had ever done (win 3 straight super bowls), then they'd be considered as the best team ever. They didn't, so now they just are another team that went on a good run for a few years.

I dunno about that. 3 Super Bowls in 4 years is still pretty amazing. I'm pretty sure the Dallas Cowboys of the 90s are considered more than "just another team that had a good run".

Still, I'm happy to see a new Super Bowl champ this year.

By the way, did you all catch the sideline fight on the Patriots sideline?

NJL52 said:
My prediction for aftergame show by ESPN:

Stuart Scott: What effort by Tom Brady. I have never seen a quarterback do so well in a lose.
Phil Simms & Jim Nantz: WAAAWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I LOVE TOM BRADY
Boomer: I can't believe this. The sky must not be blue.
Jon Madden: The Patriots scored less points then the Broncos and thus lost. The Brocos scored more points. They also had more touchdowns which result in 6 points, sometimes 7 if you can kick the pig.
Sean Salisbury: Tedy Bruschi was still the player of the game with all the heart he showed. His amazing effort was amazingly good all game. His amazing character amazed me after the game. He amazingly shook Jake Plummer's hand with amazing dexterity.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Hilarious!!!

NJL52 said:
My prediction for aftergame show by ESPN:

Stuart Scott: What effort by Tom Brady. I have never seen a quarterback do so well in a lose.
Phil Simms & Jim Nantz: WAAAWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I LOVE TOM BRADY
Boomer: I can't believe this. The sky must not be blue.
Jon Madden: The Patriots scored less points then the Broncos and thus lost. The Brocos scored more points. They also had more touchdowns which result in 6 points, sometimes 7 if you can kick the pig.
Sean Salisbury: Tedy Bruschi was still the player of the game with all the heart he showed. His amazing effort was amazingly good all game. His amazing character amazed me after the game. He amazingly shook Jake Plummer's hand with amazing dexterity.

:lol:

TerryTate said:
Iraqis_topple_large_Saddam_statue_in_Bag-1.jpg

The "DYNASTY" is DEAD! The difference was this Super bowl. If New England did something that no team had ever done (win 3 straight super bowls), then they'd be considered as the best team ever. They didn't, so now they just are another team that went on a good run for a few years.

and i enjoyed seing this B*&^ crash and burn baby....

and the most important thing for me is that Denver really didnt "outplay" the F*&^*& they imploded with turn-over after turnover

i am sure i am the happiest man alive right now

It was just a small shove given by Willis (#93, I don't know how to spell his last name) and it didn't show who he pushed. The announcer said it was good for him to have done that to get eachother fired up. :rolleyes:

Congrats to the Donks, they gave the Patsies a good oldfashioned beatdown...too bad they match up with Indy horribly. I'll be rooting for Denver next week tho, whoever they play. Now we need Carolina to win so my SB bet stays alive, and so the Bills can get Rivera.

Roman529 said:
Sean Salisbury has to give us his "expert" analysis now on ESPN. I can't wait.

"[Winning Team] may be the best team in football! They've been tremendous all year! Look how [Winning Team] runs the ball right here [Show the One Millisecond When All Blockers Were Engaged]: hat-on-a-hat, I love it! To the . . . hizzy!"

"And, hey, you think you can just [Defensive Counter to Previous Play]? Well, think again! Not so fast my friend! If you try to [Defensive Counter to Previous Play], [Winning Team] will just [Activity That I Criticized Them for in the Last Game That They Lost (Possibly, Just Last Week)]. [Winning Team] just looks unstoppable, guys. They've been on a roll, and it should continue into next week. Mark it down: [Winning Team] is going to the Super Bowl."

"[Losing Team That I Picked Before the Game (Because "They've Been on a Roll")] never had a chance, guys. If [Losing Team That I Picked Before the Game] ever wants to be a contender, they have to learn how to [Activity That I Praised Them for in the Last Game That They Won (Usually, Just Last Week)]. You can't win in the NFL if you don't [Activity That I Praised Them for in the Last Game That They Won (Usually, Just Last Week)]."

Fish_Fan4Life said:
It was just a small shove given by Willis (#93, I don't know how to spell his last name) and it didn't show who he pushed. The announcer said it was good for him to have done that to get eachother fired up. :rolleyes:

I believe Vrabel was breaking it up....McGinest and someone else were getting in a heated argument and one of them shoved the other.

Wasn't anything violent but it was funny considering the "team" imagery often given to the Patriots by the sportscasters (not that I'm naive enough to think that nobody on the team ever fights...all teams have internal fights, even physical, just ask Brian Baldinger). Reminded me of when Randy McMichael blew up on the sideline in the Bengals game last year.

Back
Top Bottom