Paul | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

It’s more about drive, determination and having a motor

Seen so many “more talented” players **** the bed

Not sure about "more," but I'll agree with equal.
Fitzgerald - Determination is the most overrated of traits, if it is unaccompanied by talent; beating your head against a wall is more likely to produce a concussion than a hole in the wall
A little OT . . . I've long thought every guy drafted in top 2 rounds who fails, does so because or inability to match NFL mental quickness and/or inability to master NFL complexity.

The same people that hate this pick are the same people that hate on Armstead that he's hurt all the time.
Not true. I believe Armstead is a great LT but him being injured often was the reason the Saints let him leave in free agency to begin with. It is what it is but having Armstead for 10-12 games a season is better than having a mediocre LT for 17 games.

I have no idea if Paul will be effective in the NFL but based on Grier’s picks for offensive linemen in the draft, it will likely take Paul several years before he is ready to be a starter in the NFL.

Suamataia was my preference for a developmental OT
I didn’t want any developmental players with the first two picks but that seems to be what we got. Neither Robinson or Paul are ready to come in and start immediately and that’s sad considering where they were taken in the draft.

He was a former scout for the JETS. That tells me all I need to know about his expertise in regards to offensive linemen. The Jets haven’t had a decent offensive line in years.
The Jets taint will be on him forever!

I just got this email and it seems legit to me. I've already replied with my bank info and passwords even though he didn't ask yet, I figure I'd save some steps and just go ahead and send them. Anyone else who wants to get in on this action should get in now. He says he's got plenty more money to pass out.

patrick_paul_email.jpg

I think Miami believes in their coaching to coach up these guys and that’s why these picks feel like a reach. If Miami feels like he can help them, then I’m all for it.

So I will say this, the best teams in the league are always drafting high potential guys. They may not play right away, but once ready they will. Some guys will bust some won't but if you think of the model NFL franchises they are consistently taking toolsy players for their coaches to develop.

Miami Dolphins have (for the most part) been pretty risk adverse in the draft. There are some obvious exceptions, but we traditionally tend to pick high floor low ceiling guys.

I just got this email and it seems legit to me. I've already replied with my bank info and passwords even though he didn't ask yet, I figure I'd save some steps and just go ahead and send them. Anyone else who wants to get in on this action should get in now. He says he's got plenty more money to pass out.

View attachment 169599
The fact he identified himself in the first paragraph and then stated later that his identity , “must not be revealed” only shows how stupid scammers are.

The fact Americans lose millions of dollars to idiotic scammers every year unfortunately shows how gullible some people are.

Grier has to prove he's smarter than all the other GMs, analysts and fans on EVERY pick. He must hate Tua, Hill and Waddle because he's drafting for the next rebuild.

By drafting an edge rusher who will in for Jaelen Phillips right away and drafting a LT who will likely be needed to play by the time the playoffs role around? Your statement makes no sense.

We filled two of our biggest needs with supremely gifted athletes.

We needed a Left Tackle either this year or next year. He might have been a bit of a reach, but without a 3rd or 4th round pick, what are you going to do? They liked him and took him when they could have. Doubtful he would have lasted to the 5th round.

So I will say this, the best teams in the league are always drafting high potential guys. They may not play right away, but once ready they will. Some guys will bust some won't but if you think of the model NFL franchises they are consistently taking toolsy players for their coaches to develop.

Miami Dolphins have (for the most part) been pretty risk adverse in the draft. There are some obvious exceptions, but we traditionally tend to pick high floor low ceiling guys.
Chambers, I assume that your (for the most part) doesn’t include the Paul selection? Because it was obvious in previous posts you wrote that Paul was not a player you wanted the Dolphins to draft.

I knew absolutely nothing about Paul prior to the Dolphins drafting him. Yet I have appreciated your knowledge on draft picks over the years and the fact you were down on Paul before the Dolphins even drafted him caused me to question this pick once the Dolphins made the selection.

I never thought Jackson was the worst OT in the NFL. He actually played very well early in his rookie season before he was injured. It just took better coaching for him to eventually become the player they expected him to be when they drafted him 4 years earlier.

The fact is Jackson was very young when he was drafted and he had limited playing time in college. He was said to be a player who would take time to develop and that’s what happened.

Paul on the other hand played 5 years in college and is nearly the same age as Jackson. Hopefully the coaching staff can help Paul develop into a decent players in the NFL I just don’t understand why a player that played 5 years in college is viewed as a developmental prospect instead is a player who is ready to come in and start from day one.

Hopefully it doesn’t take Paul 4 years to become a decent player in the NFL. Because as a second round pick, he will likely be starting for another team and not the Dolphins if it does take him 4 years to get his act together.

Back
Top Bottom