Paul | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

Yep, Chop will start day 1, he has been career pass rusher and run stopper since10th grade, not much to learn here, Immediate starter.
He will need to play immediately simply because Phillips and Chubb are coming back after major injuries and neither of them will likely be available when the season starts.

Yet once Chubb and Phillips return to the lineup, Robinson will just be a backup and that will likely be what he will be as long as Phillips and Chubb are with the Dolphins.
I think it is very likely Robinson will be a backup until at least 2026.

Yep, Chop will start day 1, he has been career pass rusher and run stopper since10th grade, not much to learn here, Immediate starter.
By default, he has to be a Day One Starter! We really don’t have very many options at this point.

Lots of people hate the pick but keep drinking that koolaid!
They can hate the picks all they want and jump on their lil box to tell the world however, they should know their lessons by now in this draft game its absolutely not an exact science, and even the best are shooting at a 50/50 clip, sure evaluating is an art form imo and there are some better than others but I’ll say this

When the prospect have these qualities the percentage goes up on whether they will be become successful players

1) elite athletic profiles
2) Great character and worth ethic habits
3) competitive nature

Seems like our first two picks have all three.

So folks supporting people who are harshly criticizing is not a wise choice imo

Leave yourself some wiggle room that they have a decent chance at being wrong and not really taking into account those three traits.

Personally like I’ve said I have my concerns with Paul but there are some things im seeing as we take the deep dive that give me hope.

This AND Chop were such amazing picks. Couldn’t be more thrilled with the Dolphins right now. Long live Chris Grier!

Not true. I believe Armstead is a great LT but him being injured often was the reason the Saints let him leave in free agency to begin with. It is what it is but having Armstead for 10-12 games a season is better than having a mediocre LT for 17 games.

I have no idea if Paul will be effective in the NFL but based on Grier’s picks for offensive linemen in the draft, it will likely take Paul several years before he is ready to be a starter in the NFL.

I’ll use Austin Jackson as an example, I’ll lobbied for the guy coming out of USC, I saw elite traits projected for this level and was very happy with the pick.

I questioned my self over the first few years but I sure am happy we have a solid cheap 24 year old right tackle for the future who easily talent wise could become elite at his position.

At the end of the It was a good pick imo

He will need to play immediately simply because Phillips and Chubb are coming back after major injuries and neither of them will likely be available when the season starts.

Yet once Chubb and Phillips return to the lineup, Robinson will just be a backup and that will likely be what he will be as long as Phillips and Chubb are with the Dolphins.
Love the optimism,LOL, and you are totally wrong, Robinson will be better than both right out of the gate. He is just an elite athlete and has been pass rusher his entire football career and is a master at it. So again, YOU ARE WRONG!

I look at it a little differently.

My philosophy is that a solid rotation on the defensive front makes, both interior and edge, makes sense from the standpoint of having "fresh legs" late in games and, possibly more importantly, late in the season.

Grier drafts on needs and on projection of talent. If your being forced to draft positions because of needs that indicates you failed earlier in both acquiring and resigning talent attained in prior years for your club.
If you are a successful gm you don't draft to fill holes but draft the bpa based on college production.
In the past NFL when drafted players could be locked in and the free agency options available today were not available then Griers picks would make more sense.
In today's NFL it's all about production and what can you do today nor down the road because that creates cap space.
We just lost a ton of talent for this reason alone because we have not drafted well and thus overpaid in fa.

Round 1 should have been a cb and round 2 a interior oline that was where the value was.
Maybe, maybe not. - LOL

Opinions are not facts. We are all entitled to them. The one fact that I do know he is a Miami dolphin and we will see how it turns out.

It's so entertaining to read everyone's thoughts. Love that we can all share them.

Go fins
Oh, those are thoughts.
I felt they were emotional "ejaculations". - LOL

They can hate the picks all they want and jump on their lil box to tell the world however, they should know their lessons by now in this draft game its absolutely not an exact science, and even the best are shooting at a 50/50 clip, sure evaluating is an art form imo and there are some better than others but I’ll say this

When the prospect have these qualities the percentage goes up on whether they will be become successful players

1) elite athletic profiles
2) Great character and worth ethic habits
3) competitive nature

Seems like our first two picks have all three.

So folks supporting people who are harshly criticizing is not a wise choice imo

Leave yourself some wiggle room that they have a decent chance at being wrong and not really taking into account those three traits.

Personally like I’ve said I have my concerns with Paul but there are some things im seeing as we take the deep dive that give me hope.
Pure elite talent, smart/scruples and finally work ethic. I would always take a project player much higher than other teams because they had the god given talent, were intelligent and hard workers, they were so easy to coach up and eventually became leaders of the team. This is how is used to draft American Legion Baseball prospects. It's a formula that works, in 6 years of coaching I won 3 NJ state championships and one North East Regional championship. Great post! Also, Robinson is not a project, he is a immediate starter.

Back
Top Bottom