Paul | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

All the hate Grier gets, Wilkins, Hunt just got paid.

Drafted a DE with the most pressures in the last two years, and he’s forward thinking and patience allowed him to draft 6’8 330 LB left tackle who’s PPF #1 rated pass blocker, allowed one sack in 400 plus snaps and never missed a game.

Same Grier that flipped Tunsil.

Yet it’s the haters I’m suppose to listen to.

I can go on about his success , but it’s misses they harp on. This fan base sometimes is the worst.

All the hate Grier gets, Wilkins, Hunt just got paid.

Drafted a DE with the most pressures in the last two years, and he’s forward thinking and patience allowed him to draft 6’8 330 LB left tackle who’s PPF #1 rated pass blocker, allowed one sack in 400 plus snaps and never missed a game.

Same Grier that flipped Tunsil.

Yet it’s the haters I’m suppose to listen to.

I can go on about his success , but it’s misses they harp on. This fan base sometimes is the worst.
Just getting caught up on this thread.....and have to agree.

During Free Agency Grier went from a failure to a genius and the draft is no different and will continue to swing back and forth during the draft. Lots of bipolar Fin Fans

To be fair, I didn't do much research pre-draft into Paul, but looking at this physical presence, his pass pro block rate and his leadership qualities.....I can see why they picked him. Also, he will have the benefit of learning from Terron Armstead for the next year.....not a bad teacher

Suamataia was my preference for a developmental OT

Grier has to prove he's smarter than all the other GMs, analysts and fans on EVERY pick. He must hate Tua, Hill and Waddle because he's drafting for the next rebuild.

So when ..and I say WHEN our LT Armstead gets injured he's going in? Our 2nd round LT that nobody has heard of that's as polished as sandpaper can plug in? Not happening really is it. 2nd round picks when you dont have many picks and your OL needs depth does not want words like 'project' banded about especially at Tackle.
Wish Paul well of course. Got my backing 100% but that pick was so unexpected its asking to be questioned imo.
I hope Armstead can give us 5-7 games before an injury. That gives Paul at least a little bit of time to get ready.

Seems like a bit of a reach but what do I know.
Where did you have him ranked on your big board and what was your take on him compared to the other 30 linemen you had ranked? Of all the tape you watched on him over the pass 4 months what makes you think it is a reach?

I think Miami believes in their coaching to coach up these guys and that’s why these picks feel like a reach. If Miami feels like he can help them, then I’m all for it.

Where did you have him ranked on your big board and what was your take on him compared to the other 30 linemen you had ranked? Of all the tape you watched on him over the pass 4 months what makes you think it is a reach?
I don’t have to watch any tape to find the opinions of countless draft experts online who have. I didn’t see a single guy who had him listed as the best OT still available. So that’s where that comes from. Doesn’t mean he won’t pan out.

You got me!

Kyle Crabbs hates the pick and that's who I trust the most! He also wasn't crazy about the Chop pick either

I watch Crabbs sometimes and most of the time he sounds like a guy that stopped by best buy and got a microphone and some streaming equipment! Yeah he follows the team closely and he has some things that he tells us that we might not know about the team. He doesn't sit in on meetings and get the info on players and the thought behind the picks. We all want our team to do well and we have our different opinions on our team and who we draft but these guys we watch on youtube like Crabbs and Dudley are youtube dudes man. Crabbs has his thoughts and others have their thoughts on the picks but if Crabbs sways you to not like the pick then oh well.

I hope Armstead can give us 5-7 games before an injury. That gives Paul at least a little bit of time to get ready.
Hope you are right. He might play 10 games plus. Who knows. Shame he's always banged up because he's a quality player.

So when ..and I say WHEN our LT Armstead gets injured he's going in? Our 2nd round LT that nobody has heard of that's as polished as sandpaper can plug in? Not happening really is it. 2nd round picks when you dont have many picks and your OL needs depth does not want words like 'project' banded about especially at Tackle.
Wish Paul well of course. Got my backing 100% but that pick was so unexpected its asking to be questioned imo.
Again we have a completely capable backup with Lamm who played fantastic last year. Not sure why people are just skipping over this fact assuming Paul slots in at #2 LT. He's #3 at best this year and obviously a replacement piece for next year.

You forgot about Paul or you forgot about Dolfan91?
Dolfan91 is unforgettable!

Seriously, Paul just kind of got lost with all the offensive tackle talent. We talked about him so long ago. I hope he works out. Keep hearing that his a fighter with good explosion numbers who may need technique work.

Back
Top Bottom