Paxton Lynch | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paxton Lynch

Goff looks like the best QB in this class. Kid makes every throw asked of him. Reads. Progressions. Anticipation. All pretty solid.

He got his ass handed to him by Auburn! Yep, overrated in a QB starving draft class. We have so much more greater needs than QB like OL, LB, and corner!
I agree 100%. No QB in this class should be picked in the top ten. But the Dolphinst MUST select one in the 2nd round.

Tanny will benefit from a coaching change and another years development. If you want to draft a QB, do so in the later rounds this year or pick up a UDFA at the end of the year, there are usually some nuggets available after draft day. Both Tony Romo and Kurt Warner were UDFA's.

For some reason, I feel like I heard this before...

1. He will benefit from having his college coach and system in the NFL
2. Bill Lazor will do wonders with him
3. Tanny will benefit from a coaching change and another years development

I do not mind bringing in some UDFA's though for competition.

Goff looks like the best QB in this class. Kid makes every throw asked of him. Reads. Progressions. Anticipation. All pretty solid.

Not NFL ready though. Will need time to get used to the pro game. Faster defenses give him fits. That game vs Utah was brutal.

We need to keep in mind that Lynch was under pressure the entire game too.

Compared to other years, this QB class is weak. Tannehill would be the #1 QB if he came out this year.
The quality at the top of the draft is only 1 or two players deep at most positions.
This is the year for good oline and LB players in the 2 and 3rd tier.
Just happens we need those players, so I am sure we will pick the others..lol
:lol:

This is tannehill's second best season.....statistically speaking. It's not so much as tannehill has declined as he didn't make that elite jump that so many predicted. He played behind a terrible line with already questionable pocket awareness, hard for any one to succeed like that. I'd like to see him play behind a good line, just don't think that will ever happen

I was on the Lynch train the past couple years, but I've kinda fell off it. Watching him against Auburn, wasn't a good game for him. It wasn't just this final bowl game that derailed me it was a few games this year. The Tannehill comparison is pretty close especially with the screen passes and short dump offs. If the Phins want a big bodied strong armed QB, they're better off drafting Jake Coker in the later rounds and sitting him behind Tannehill for a couple of years.

For some reason, I feel like I heard this before...

1. He will benefit from having his college coach and system in the NFL
2. Bill Lazor will do wonders with him
3. Tanny will benefit from a coaching change and another years development

I do not mind bringing in some UDFA's though for competition.

Yes, and you saw pretty steady development in years 1 thru 3. This year everyone has regressed....everyone! Even the hot dog vendors....

He will be around in 2016 anyway, so with all the money Miami has invested in him, you give him the one additional shot at improvement....and if it doesn't happen, you make a change in 2017.

No way I spend a draft pick in the first 3 rounds on a QB this year. I wouldn't mind picking one in a later round or even a UDFA as I mentioned.

I really like Paxton Lynch but he doesn't fit the "can't miss" catagory. I think he's the best QB I've seen this season but I wouldn't take him high first round when you have a guy that is capable of getting them through next year in Tannehill (there will be no playoffs next year). Dolphins have far to many needs and I'd prefer they trade down in the first round if they can at least once. They need to draft a QB though and I'd give strong consideration to Carson Wentz if he's there in the second.

One QB I would definitely not take is Connor Cook. I think he is the most over rated QB in the draft in a number of years. His lack of skill set was on full display last night and he has very weak leadership ability. A QB that is not a Captain on his team is a guy you want to avoid.

You cannot draft any of those QB's if you are Miami. Build around Tannehill. Take a chance on a QB later. Plus, I think some of the mid round QB's could end up being steals.

Carson Wentz has a chance to make a ton of money at the Senior Bowl. Lynch and Cook were both duds this week.

Unless you have one of the QB's as a guy you'd be willing to draft #1 overall, pass on QB in the 1st. Right now, I'm passing on QB. Get a stud DB/DL/OT and let the new coach build his first draft around the QB. If Tannehill doesn't get it done in 2016, draft a QB in 2017. The surrounding team will be (assuming they hire a worthwhile HC) in a better position to support a rookie QB.

You cannot draft any of those QB's if you are Miami. Build around Tannehill. Take a chance on a QB later. Plus, I think some of the mid round QB's could end up being steals.

Carson Wentz has a chance to make a ton of money at the Senior Bowl. Lynch and Cook were both duds this week.

I hope he doesn't impress too much because he's my top rated quarterback in the draft, I was hoping he would stay a 3rd round selection qb after the wrist injury but then all of a sudden NFL scouts started talkin about Wentz a Lot then Kiper and Mayock jumped on the bandwagon and gave him a first round grade.

Back
Top Bottom