Paxton Lynch | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paxton Lynch

Unless you have one of the QB's as a guy you'd be willing to draft #1 overall, pass on QB in the 1st. Right now, I'm passing on QB. Get a stud DB/DL/OT and let the new coach build his first draft around the QB. If Tannehill doesn't get it done in 2016, draft a QB in 2017. The surrounding team will be (assuming they hire a worthwhile HC) in a better position to support a rookie QB.

That guy needs to be Watson.

No bias though

:lol:

Unless you have one of the QB's as a guy you'd be willing to draft #1 overall, pass on QB in the 1st. Right now, I'm passing on QB. Get a stud DB/DL/OT and let the new coach build his first draft around the QB. If Tannehill doesn't get it done in 2016, draft a QB in 2017. The surrounding team will be (assuming they hire a worthwhile HC) in a better position to support a rookie QB.

100%. Whether you like Tannehill or not, it just doesn't make sense to spend a quality draft pick for his replacement this offseason, that window opens next offseason....

That guy needs to be Watson.

No bias though

:lol:

Aspects of Watson remind me of RG3, Mariota, and Newton. They quoted Sweeney last night during the game, where he said his team doesn't have to play perfect to win, and that really applies to Watson. He misses some throws, but he's so dynamic that he makes up for those misses without issue. Like everyone, he'll have stuff to clean up, but I'd love the pick. Unless Miami has a terrible year, though, I don't see us landing him, but you never know.

Patrick Mahomes is interesting for next season too.

This makes all the sense in the world. I am all in on defense for this draft and perhaps some o-line help.....but not a QB, unless it is a late round project guy. I think there also might be some UDFA's available.

Let RT either improve in 2016 or get shipped out in 2017.

I was on the Lynch train the past couple years, but I've kinda fell off it. Watching him against Auburn, wasn't a good game for him. It wasn't just this final bowl game that derailed me it was a few games this year. The Tannehill comparison is pretty close especially with the screen passes and short dump offs. If the Phins want a big bodied strong armed QB, they're better off drafting Jake Coker in the later rounds and sitting him behind Tannehill for a couple of years.

After last nights game I was thinking the exact same thing. Perfect long ball on numerous occasions. Broadcasters were saying prior to the game that Cook was the real deal and Coker was a project. It looked reversed to me. If you could grab a kid like this in the later rounds I think you would have something to build on.

Tannehill was bottom tier qb this season. I really don't have a clue how anyone watched him this season and can really even think of passing on a qb. He's Chad Henne with a little bit of athletism.

IMO we need to do everything possible to try and land Goff. If tannehill turns it around, great, you'll have a great asset in Goff that will be easy to turn into future picks.

Honestly, what did Tannehill do well this year?

Tannehill was bottom tier qb this season. I really don't have a clue how anyone watched him this season and can really even think of passing on a qb. He's Chad Henne with a little bit of athletism.

IMO we need to do everything possible to try and land Goff. If tannehill turns it around, great, you'll have a great asset in Goff that will be easy to turn into future picks.

Honestly, what did Tannehill do well this year?

Unless Goff can cover the other teams #1 receiver or can play the Mike.......then I'm not using a first round pick on him....sorry.

Back
Top Bottom