Per Armando: Fins make contract offer to keep James | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Armando: Fins make contract offer to keep James

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a sham contract offer as part of a PR move by Tannenbaum to redeem himself.

Ja'Wuan James is likely being offered a contract that is less than what he would get in free agency, and its a very weak free agency class for tackles. Why would he accept this offer from Tannenbaum when he knows he will likely be released if he rejects it, and in turn will get that bigger free agent contract? Tannenbaum gets to say he offered James a fair contract, and James gets to walk away and look like the bad guy. The other slimy thing is that Tannenbaum told the press that he made a contract offer to James. He wants the public to know that he offered James something. I guess we'll see.

Absolutely. james will be the next domino to fall. He will be lowballed, reject the offer, and gone. Reports say that's what happened with Suh.

I can't believe that no one has figured out the constant here: the Dolphins lowball ANYONE they want gone, and overpay those they want to keep.

How much says he walks? This team's management is a collective clown car with no one driving...

I can't believe that no one has figured out the constant here: the Dolphins lowball ANYONE they want gone, and overpay those they want to keep.

What am I missing here?

Isn't this the correct way to do it?

Isn't this the way every team does it (or should do it)?

Offer more to players you really want to keep, and offer less for those you don't want to keep (as much)?

Expect a contract announcement anytime now

Attachments

• 2BBCDC8D-BC38-4A24-BBB1-63C65397EF19.jpeg
    2BBCDC8D-BC38-4A24-BBB1-63C65397EF19.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom