Personnel changes to OL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Personnel changes to OL

BONG SHULA

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
The offensive line isn’t working. That much is clear to everyone. And unless it gets better – fast – it’ll spell the end for any hope we had for a successful season. During his presser today, Flo said they’ll consider personnel changes to the OL. So, if you were calling the shots, what changes would you like to see? Who do you want out there next Sunday?

I’ll get us started with two possibilities:

Little – Jones – Deiter – Hunt – Eich

Eich – Jones – Deiter – Davis – Hunt

What say you, FinHeaven?

No changes needed apparently.
Here's what Flo said today:
- In terms of Tua coming back and playing behind the offensive line coming off such a poor performance, Flores says he's confident the necessary adjustments and improvement will be made. Flores says the O-line won't play a role on whether Tua will play Sunday

Personnel wasnt the issue. When defenders are coming in untouched, that is on coaching preparation. Half the time our guys looked entirely confused as to who they should be engaging.
Yeah, the OL said the bills were doing things they haven't seen. That is a coaching problem more than a player problem. On the other hand, I didn't see any crazy blitzes or anything. They were beating our 5 linemen and a RB with only 4 guys...

No changes needed apparently.
Here's what Flo said today:
- In terms of Tua coming back and playing behind the offensive line coming off such a poor performance, Flores says he's confident the necessary adjustments and improvement will be made. Flores says the O-line won't play a role on whether Tua will play Sunday
If Eichenberg isn't starting Sunday, Flores will lose my support.

Yeah, the OL said the bills were doing things they haven't seen. That is a coaching problem more than a player problem. On the other hand, I didn't see any crazy blitzes or anything. They were beating our 5 linemen and a RB with only 4 guys...
Jackson and Davis were beat cleanly one on one on numerous times. Yea the coaching sucked too, the calling out the protections sucked, but that doesn't excuse the whiffs. It didn't look like our tackles were confused on who to block; just couldn't block the guy right in front of them. Couldn't get a finger on them actually.

I asked in another thread but didnt get an answer on if Mitchell Schwartz was still available in free agency. 10x better than our current tackles.

I asked in another thread but didnt get an answer on if Mitchell Schwartz was still available in free agency. 10x better than our current tackles.
I believe he is. Would be very supportive of us brining in a vet like him via FA, or even ponying up some draft capital for a trade.

Personnel wasnt the issue. When defenders are coming in untouched, that is on coaching preparation. Half the time our guys looked entirely confused as to who they should be engaging.
I don't disagree that bad coaching played a part in the fiasco, but IMO personnel was a big issue and can't just be swept under the rug. Jackson's nickname should be Swiffer because the Bills pass rusher regularly mopped the floor with him!

cat riding GIF

Yeah it didn’t seem like they were doing anything super exotic… just whipped our guys in front of them

The offensive line isn’t working. That much is clear to everyone. And unless it gets better – fast – it’ll spell the end for any hope we had for a successful season. During his presser today, Flo said they’ll consider personnel changes to the OL. So, if you were calling the shots, what changes would you like to see? Who do you want out there next Sunday?

What say you, FinHeaven?
I think you have to open up the tackle positions for competition, and our best right tackle on the roster based on last year is Robert Hunt. I'd put him at right tackle and let Eichenberg and Austin Jackson compete at Left tackle. That leaves right guard, maybe you put Jessie davis there or have another competition?

What say you, FinHeaven?
The other thing was the DB blitzes that got us a few times. That was less the Oline and more the way we were picking them up and or how we could make them Pay for them.

Back
Top Bottom