Personnel changes to OL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Personnel changes to OL

I believe he is. Would be very supportive of us brining in a vet like him via FA, or even ponying up some draft capital for a trade.

Should of gotten in on the Orlando Brown trade talks in the offseason but that's water under the bridge now.

Just can't see any team at this stage giving up a worthy OL without the Dolphins pulling a BoB and overpaying.

We waste day 3 picks like they are candy on trading for OL busts, and rather just stand put if their plan is to ship off another day 3 pick for an OL who sucks.

Personnel wasnt the issue. When defenders are coming in untouched, that is on coaching preparation. Half the time our guys looked entirely confused as to who they should be engaging.
Agree and disagree, I mean at the end of the day if the player is a dunce then even with the best coaches the results may be poor. Some of the replays suggest that our tackles simply cannot block. The hit that took out Tua was due to the right tackle missing his block, however, you do have a point that if all the OL is struggling then the coaches should be looked at along with the players.

tom cruise movie review GIF

Agree and disagree, I mean at the end of the day if the player is a dunce then even with the best coaches the results may be poor. Some of the replays suggest that our tackles simply cannot block. The hit that took out Tua was due to the right tackle missing his block, however, you do have a point that if all the OL is struggling then the coaches should be looked at along with the players.

Obviously the players shoulder blame too, its never really 100% coaching or 100% players or at least rarely.

I'm just saying, if the team wasn't looking so confused that is about a quarter to half of the bad plays right there. You can't get beat in terms of coaching AND players. We already know we dont have the best line so coaches need to give them as much help as possible to succeed and that wasn't there.

Yeah, move Hunt back to RT. Put Eich at LG, move Kindley to RG.
I just don’t see Eich as a guard long term and would prefer not to hurt his development playing him there. Try AJ at guard since he’s useless at tackle.

I just don’t see Eich as a guard long term and would prefer not to hurt his development playing him there. Try AJ at guard since he’s useless at tackle.

Austin would be worse at guard IMO.

His biggest issue is strength, which is something you need in a guard. I don't want to see Jackson pulling and just getting leveled every time.

The goal here is to have the highest floor possible with the guys available to you at this point. Hunt might be a better G than RT, but he was the best tackle the Fins had last year. So maybe T isnt optimal for Hunt, but its optimal for the team right now. This is the kind of thing they need to figure out.

Personnel wasnt the issue. When defenders are coming in untouched, that is on coaching preparation. Half the time our guys looked entirely confused as to who they should be engaging.
Big warning sign was game 1 against the Pats. We had 2 Guards pulling on opposite sides. Never seen that at the NFL level.

Austin would be worse at guard IMO.

His biggest issue is strength, which is something you need in a guard. I don't want to see Jackson pulling and just getting leveled every time.
Probably right, just figure it’s a total disaster anyway so let’s give it a flyer

LT-Eichenberg
LG-Kindley (there's no-one else)
C-Dieter (Dieter sucks, bring back Skura)
RG-Hunt
RT-Little

Cut Davis and Jackson

I asked in another thread but didnt get an answer on if Mitchell Schwartz was still available in free agency. 10x better than our current tackles.
He still not healthy and I think he goes back to KC. Russell Okung and David DeCastro are waiting for calls.

Little - Jones - Deiter - Hunt - Eichenberg

But I would also scour the FA market for some vet Tackles and get them ready for Week 4 and beyond and if they can play on Sunday let them. These mugs are still available go get them : Russell Okung, Kelechi Osemele. We need more vets on this line. WE NEED HELP go get help!!!!!

I agree it was more bad coaching than just the OL. If we had a better OL coach this line would be a lot better. Our Ol is somewhat high draft picks it's not as if they have never blocked anyone. They need to gel to learn where the pressure is coming from and that is where good coaching comes in.

Back
Top Bottom