Personnel changes to OL | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Personnel changes to OL

Shuffle Davis back to 6th man and sign a vet T. Hell, idc trade for a starting caliber T or G. Just don't put the same group out there Sunday.

Last edited:
Using 2,3 TEs might be necessary. However, then why draft Waddle, sign Fuller and keep Parker, Wilson and Williams? That was my point in another thread. We built this speed offense for Tua but forgot that you need a solid line because there won't be much help for them.
The only answer I can come up with to that question is they weren’t expecting this major regression as a whole. I believe they really liked what they saw out of Jackson/Kindley/Hunt last year an thought with the full offseason and then adding Eichenberg would solidify us into a top 15 type of OL.

I think they believed adding to the skill positions with playmakers and pure speed would masque an average-above average OL. Bc this offense is designed for a quick short/intermediate passing game to get the playmakers in space and YAC teams to death. They figured an average/above average OL with natural growth and development would get even better as the season progressed and they could just cover it up at the beginning with the speed.

I believe from the FO all the way through the coaching staff miscalculated this completely and now they’re going to learn the hard way.

Was Dieter that bad Sunday? I didn't pay much attention to him. It seemed like our tackles were much more a problem then Center.

Id look at Free Agent LT Russell Okung, and Free Agent RT Richard Wagner. Okung will be expensive dude wants to be paid. He also had some injuries last year but still played 13 games. Austin Jackson isn't ready and isn't strong enough. Davis needs to be released. If the o-line isnt addressed we will have to keep signing free agent qbs!

The personnel at OT just isn’t good enough right now. Neither Jesse Davis nor Austin Jackson are starting tackles in the NFL. I don’t know what happened to Austin Jackson, but he went from looking passable last year to looking like he belongs in the CFL.

We need to sign Okung. If we do, this should be the line:

LT - Okung
LG - Jackson
C - Deiter
RG - Hunt
RT - Eichenberg

Assuming we stick with our terrible personnel, the best we can do is:

LT - Little
LG - Jackson
C - Deiter
RG - Hunt
RT - Eichenberg

One way or another, we need to launch Jesse Davis into the sun. He is absolutely awful with no prospect of ever being not-awful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom