Pete Prisco's Top 50 Players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Prisco's Top 50 Players

this article is a joke i quit reading it after portis at 11th
:judge:
Pete Prisco

unifiedtheory said:
Here is my reply I just sent to the moron...thought I'd share.

Your top 50 list once again makes me ponder the "does Pete actually watch football" question.

I'll review some of your more...questionable choices.

1.) Peyton Manning - Brady should be here. I know Brady is #2 on your list but how can you rank Manning higher then the man who has beaten him the last 2 years in the playoffs and has 3 rings in 4 years. Would you have ranked Marino higher then Montana in the mid 80's? Didn’t think so.

5.) Ray Lewis – He’s been irrelevant for 2 years. He’s the best in the league at falling on top of the pile. He hasn’t taken on and shed a block well in that same two year span. He’s all hype. If not for his rampant self-promotion he’d be where he deserves to be on this list. Not on it. He’s barely a top 5 middle linebacker now.

11.) Clinton Portis – Having a “good first season with the Redskins†after a few years of riding the Broncos running back gravy train makes him the 2nd best running back in football?

15.) Mike Vick – He’s a glorified running back. He is exciting and dangerous but I am not buying the hype. A Q.B. who has never been over 55% in an era where passers are regularly in the mid 60’s is not a great quarterback. Exciting player? Yes. Great quarterback? No.

22.) Dwight Freeney – The epitome of one dimensional. Defensive ends who have never played the run can’t be the 2nd best defensive end in the NFL.

33.) Jeremy Shockey – This is a joke right? A player who can’t stay healthy and have averaged 60 catches, 700 yards and 3 T.D.’s is the 2nd best tight end in the game? The 33rd best player in football? He’s not even a top 5 tight end.

35.) Todd Heap - Putting him below Shockey destroys your credibility and makes me wonder if you actually researched this article.

40.) Simeon Rice – This would not bother me too much unless you look at who you had ranked AFTER him…

41.) Jason Taylor – You regularly take shots at the Dolphins but this might be the coup de grace. You have J.T., the best all around defensive end in the NFL, ranked as the 5th best defensive end in football and the 9th best defensive lineman in the NFL.

The best of all was “where does he fit in Miami’s new 3-4 scheme?†Looks like Nick Saban’s “shutting the media out†thing has worked well because the Dolphins are a 4-3 stunting team that will play the 3-4 occasionally, along with other odd-front looks.

Research Pete…something I know I’d do when I’m writing an internet article that thousands of people read and critique.

:0wned: :lol:

LIQUID24 said:
I would like to see you guys write a top 50 list so I can pick it apart and laugh at it. I disagree with some of his choices, but those are his opinions. He's a good writer overall.

I'll gladly write a Top 50 list for you to critique when I have a few minutes.

He is not a good writer. A person with the resources he has should not be writing articles that are REGULARLY uninformed and biased.

The only two Dolphins players that are on the list Taylor and Surtain both get question marks, everyone else gets nothing but praise.

unifiedtheory said:

Your top 50 list once again makes me ponder the "does Pete actually watch football" question.

1.) Peyton Manning - Brady should be here. I know Brady is #2 on your list but how can you rank Manning higher then the man who has beaten him the last 2 years in the playoffs and has 3 rings in 4 years. Would you have ranked Marino higher then Montana in the mid 80's? Didn’t think so.

5.) Ray Lewis – He’s been irrelevant for 2 years. He’s the best in the league at falling on top of the pile. He hasn’t taken on and shed a block well in that same two year span. He’s all hype. If not for his rampant self-promotion he’d be where he deserves to be on this list. Not on it. He’s barely a top 5 middle linebacker now.

11.) Clinton Portis – Having a “good first season with the Redskins†after a few years of riding the Broncos running back gravy train makes him the 2nd best running back in football?

15.) Mike Vick – He’s a glorified running back. He is exciting and dangerous but I am not buying the hype. A Q.B. who has never been over 55% in an era where passers are regularly in the mid 60’s is not a great quarterback. Exciting player? Yes. Great quarterback? No.

22.) Dwight Freeney – The epitome of one dimensional. Defensive ends who have never played the run can’t be the 2nd best defensive end in the NFL.

33.) Jeremy Shockey – This is a joke right? A player who can’t stay healthy and have averaged 60 catches, 700 yards and 3 T.D.’s is the 2nd best tight end in the game? The 33rd best player in football? He’s not even a top 5 tight end.

35.) Todd Heap - Putting him below Shockey destroys your credibility and makes me wonder if you actually researched this article.

40.) Simeon Rice – This would not bother me too much unless you look at who you had ranked AFTER him…

41.) Jason Taylor – You regularly take shots at the Dolphins but this might be the coup de grace. You have J.T., the best all around defensive end in the NFL, ranked as the 5th best defensive end in football and the 9th best defensive lineman in the NFL.

The best of all was “where does he fit in Miami’s new 3-4 scheme?†Looks like Nick Saban’s “shutting the media out†thing has worked well because the Dolphins are a 4-3 stunting team that will play the 3-4 occasionally, along with other odd-front looks.

Research Pete…something I know I’d do when I’m writing an internet article that thousands of people read and critique.
:0wned::rofl3:

DolFan31 said:
The only two Dolphins players that are on the list Taylor and Surtain both get question marks, everyone else gets nothing but praise.

???

LIQUID24 said:
I would like to see you guys write a top 50 list so I can pick it apart and laugh at it. I disagree with some of his choices, but those are his opinions. He's a good writer overall.

I know those are his opinions but theyre are bad ones. If yo rank Todd Heap and Tony Gonzalez BELOW Jeremy Shockey, you have no credibility.

I love team sleep btw.

unifiedtheory said:

It will be interesting when he writes back to you.

I'm with the rest of you in that the list is a joke. Tomlinson is clearly the best player in football followed by Randy Moss IMO. Shockey even ranked in the top 50 is a joke on its own. Vick at 15.:rofl3: Its so sad that so many people seem to buy into him being a great QB when he struggles to get over 50% completion. Great athlete? Yes. A great QB (which is his position). NO. Charles Woodson who hasn't done much in the past 4 years is still somehow a top 50 player:rofl3: ? I could go on by why bother.

LIQUID24 said:

Your kidding right??? How can "bias" and "good reporter" fit in the same sentence?? I would love to give you a top 50 list and you can pick it apart if you like, but I'll promise you no way in hell does Shockey or Lewis make my list. I would make my list based on performance not popularity or my personal favorites!!!

unifiedtheory said:

Great job!!!! I agree 100%, you should tell him to change his name to, Mr. I haven't a clue.??? But he probably wouldn't get it.

DolFan31 said:
It counts because surtain was on the Dolphins last year and this list was based on last year.

Do you think Surtain was a top 50 player last year?

Back
Top Bottom