Pete Prisco's Top 50 Players | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Prisco's Top 50 Players

I agree. His ranking is off. Based on 2004, no way should JT be listed higher than Spikes.

And, before JT is done, he will be competing for the ALL TIME sack record. If he continues on his double digit rampage, which I think he will with Saban, in 5years, which I think he has left, he will be making the mark. I dont know what you want from him.....

For a RE, he is extremely, extremely good. I just dont know what elsze to say to you...

Justasportsfan said:
I agree. His ranking is off. Based on 2004, no way should JT be listed higher than Spikes.

It's not based on 2004.

Looks like Prisco really thought highly of the Portis/Bailey trade. Both are way to high on that list. Bailey looked so poorly as a Bronco last year, that he was actually being picked on by opposing teams. He got burned more than Sam Madison has over the last couple of years. Portis did a decent job with Washington, but not better than Curtis Martin or Shaun Alexander.

The list is a joke.

This is all just his opinion, but, unfortunately for him, his opinion is WRONG!.. Prisco hates everything South Florida I believe. You'll never see him write a positive article about any florida team in any sport!

Please, I like Takeo alot, I think we should of grabbed him from Cinci, but you cannot actually think He compares to JT. If you do, based on one years numbers, then I lost alot of respect for you.... one years numbers are in the past, people seem to forget about that... thats why its like taking candy from a baby when the next years FFL draft comes around.

He never even mentioned Julian Peterson, becuase of his injury last season, but he is hands down the best SS LB in the league. Probably the best LB. He can cover slots guys, not just TE's, he can pass rush, he can run stuff, he can do it all. There are maybe three LB's that can do what he can do. Does that not make him one of the top 3? Debateable, but none-the-less, for what he can do, and do well, he is a top 3 in the NFL right now. But, he didnt even get mentioned. Number only show past contributions, must look at their role in the future also.

LithoMan said:
And, before JT is done, he will be competing for the ALL TIME sack record. If he continues on his double digit rampage, which I think he will with Saban, in 5years, which I think he has left, he will be making the mark. I dont know what you want from him.....

For a RE, he is extremely, extremely good. I just dont know what elsze to say to you...

I know what you're trying to say.....I don't even think we disagree, we both still think JT is still a stud. I think you took it the wrong way, I wasn't bashing him.

But he WON'T break the sack record or come close to it, that's for sure. He's not even half way there. He has about 80 total sacks right now. The record is 200...that's simply out of reach.

LithoMan said:
Please, I like Takeo alot, I think we should of grabbed him from Cinci, but you cannot actually think He compares to JT. If you do, based on one years numbers, then I lost alot of respect for you.... one years numbers are in the past, people seem to forget about that... thats why its like taking candy from a baby when the next years FFL draft comes around.

He never even mentioned Julian Peterson, becuase of his injury last season, but he is hands down the best SS LB in the league. Probably the best LB. He can cover slots guys, not just TE's, he can pass rush, he can run stuff, he can do it all. There are maybe three LB's that can do what he can do. Does that not make him one of the top 3? Debateable, but none-the-less, for what he can do, and do well, he is a top 3 in the NFL right now. But, he didnt even get mentioned. Number only show past contributions, must look at their role in the future also.
I could be wrong about his basing it on 2004. If he's basing it on both their entire careers than yes, JT is better. But based on last year, nope, Spikes had a better year at his position than JT had.

LithoMan said:

Whoa, if you think he'll come close to the record then ....

" then I lost alot of respect for you...." :D.

Prisco is a pompous, @ZZ!!! If he had his head lodged any farther up his butt he'd be in a Ringling Brothers side show!!! This list, based on either career or one year is rediculous. Portis wasnt even close to being the 11th best player last year, or for his career. (I deduct points because DT Gilbert Brown could rush for 1000 yards in Denver)
Shockey is in the top 50 in injuries, but thats about it! Ray Lewis is still a good LB but is on the downside of a great career. If the list is on individual achievements then Manning is the top, that I agree with. But the Edge had a great year last year and hes not on there, he calls Ed Reed arguably the best defensive player in the league but has the defensive player of the year behind Ray Lewis. Then he puts Stroud in there and later justifies John Henderson by saying he outplayed Stroud for the second half of the season. Yet Stroud is rated at 18 and Henderson is at 42. HOW CAN THE DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR NOT BE THE FIRST DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON THE LIST?!?!?!

All-Time Sack Leaders
(Through 2004)

Amount
1. Bruce Smith 200.0
2. Reggie White 198.0
3. Kevin Greene 157.0
4. Chris Doleman 150.5
5. John Randle 137.5
Richard Dent 137.5
7. Lawrence Taylor 132.5
Leslie O'Neal 132.5
9. Rickey Jackson 128.0
10. Derrick Thomas 126.5

You dont think this achievement could be reached by JT? He's at 80.5 right now... He's got 8 seasons in, maybe 7 to go, he'd be 38 then. Thats old, but its hard to say. 15 a year, would be 90 more, but 20 a year would be 120. Depends if his fire still burns for that long or not. I think Saban will help him tremendously though. Just have to see.

LithoMan said:
All-Time Sack Leaders
(Through 2004)

Amount
1. Bruce Smith 200.0
2. Reggie White 198.0
3. Kevin Greene 157.0
4. Chris Doleman 150.5
5. John Randle 137.5
Richard Dent 137.5
7. Lawrence Taylor 132.5
Leslie O'Neal 132.5
9. Rickey Jackson 128.0
10. Derrick Thomas 126.5

You dont think this achievement could be reached by JT? He's at 80.5 right now... He's got 8 seasons in, maybe 7 to go, he'd be 38 then. Thats old, but its hard to say. 15 a year, would be 90 more, but 20 a year would be 120. Depends if his fire still burns for that long or not. I think Saban will help him tremendously though. Just have to see.
he would have to have 17 sacks/yr. for the next 7 years.

Back
Top Bottom