Peter King on Dan Patrick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Dan Patrick

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Was listening to the Dan Patrick show today and Peter King was speaking about John Gruden. He said Gruden would come back to coaching next year if he is offered by a team that has a QB he feelshe can win with and that offers him lots of money. King specifically mentioned Dallas and Houston. Houston because they will possibly have the #1 pick so Gruden could pick his QB in the draft.

I'm on the fence with Philbin. I think he is a good man but not convinced about him as a HC. Obviously if he takes is to the playoffs its a no brainer he returns. But if we don't make the playoffs Philbin could become a casualty from losing seasons and bullygate. Next year could be the chance Ross has been wanting to get Gruden.

Thoughts?

Was listening to the Dan Patrick show today and Peter King was speaking about John Gruden. He said Gruden would come back to coaching next year if he is offered by a team that has a QB he feelshe can win with and that offers him lots of money. King specifically mentioned Dallas and Houston. Houston because they will possibly have the #1 pick so Gruden could pick his QB in the draft.

I'm on the fence with Philbin. I think he is a good man but not convinced about him as a HC. Obviously if he takes is to the playoffs its a no brainer he returns. But if we don't make the playoffs Philbin could become a casualty from losing seasons and bullygate. Next year could be the chance Ross has been wanting to get Gruden.

Thoughts?

well, i dont think philbin is going anywhere next year unless we totally collapse down the stretch, like lose out and players quit on him.

i am also assuming the worst of the martin/ richie saga is done with and he will not be punished.

Jon Gruden pretty obviously wanted Peter King to mention Dallas and Houston, so I would take that as a sign that he doesn't want the Dolphins job.

Jon Gruden pretty obviously wanted Peter King to mention Dallas and Houston, so I would take that as a sign that he doesn't want the Dolphins job.

When Gruden did his QB special the year RT came out of college Gruden seemed pretty high on RT. We know Ross would pay Gruden whatever Gruden wanted ... so you don't know. IMO Philbin would have to finish 8-8 or 7-9 to get fired though.

When Gruden did his QB special the year RT came out of college Gruden seemed pretty high on RT. We know Ross would pay Gruden whatever Gruden wanted ... so you don't know. IMO Philbin would have to finish 8-8 or 7-9 to get fired though.

7-9 or 8-8 seems like the most likely finish to me, so Ross might get his star coach.

I am not a Gruden guy. Just me. More name than anything.

One thing I am tired of and that is guys who want it all set up nice for them with a big paycheck based on reputation.

Not for any Sabens, Jimmy Johnsons, Bill Parsells, ect ect ect. They came here becuase they knew they would get paid. You pay someone big money, they are only visualizing life in 3 years.

Pretty amusing to think that Peter King is moonlighting as Jon Gruden's pimp/Craiglist advert. Hope Peter got a good meal for the favor.
With Stephen Ross' billions, I'm surprised that Gruden doesn't see the prospect of titillating Ross to jack up his market demand and fee, even if he doesn't want to come here. Gruden basks in his Super Bowl winning ring aura, (yes we've seen the subtle Corona commercials, he likes to call audibles). I would steer well clear of Gruden as coach/czar.

No. Please keep Philbin. I think he's done a great job as a head coach.

As much as I dislike Philbin and his coaching staff he will not be fired unless the Martin report makes it impossible to keep him. Ross picked him over McCoy (Ireland's choice) and he has had us in all but 1 game. He gets another year like it or not. I just hope Ireland gets the axe and the new gm fires Sherman.

Here's the thing. If Ireland gets canned chances jump much higher Philbin will as well when the new GM comes to town. Like I said originally if we make the playoffs Philbin is a no brainer to stay. If we don't make the playoffs Ross may be pressured by the Politically Correct group to clean house no matter if he wants to or not.

Smh, gruden was handed a superbowl team and it took no time at all to drive that team into the ground.

But hey, he would draft us one hell of a kicker..

Seems fans here forget, the man drafted a kicker in the first round. I have no faith a coach who drafts a kicker in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom