Peter King on Dan Patrick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Dan Patrick

Who's the "politically correct" group?

Here's the thing. If Ireland gets canned chances jump much higher Philbin will as well when the new GM comes to town. Like I said originally if we make the playoffs Philbin is a no brainer to stay. If we don't make the playoffs Ross may be pressured by the Politically Correct group to clean house no matter if he wants to or not.

I ALWAYS laugh when I hear this argument because it is so easy to refute. Lest you forget his last two years with Oakland he went to two division playoff games, and then the following year he played a Callahan coached Raiders team in the superbowl that were built by Gruden... We all know how great of a HC material Callahan was. Had Callahan not taken over a team that was already built structurally sound, he would be lucky to win 4 games.

Smh, gruden was handed a superbowl team and it took no time at all to drive that team into the ground.

But hey, he would draft us one hell of a kicker..

Seems fans here forget, the man drafted a kicker in the first round. I have no faith a coach who drafts a kicker in the first round.

What this team needs is continuity at the head coaching position.

People get on Dan Dierdorf for being only an above average lineman who became a Hall of Famer because he was on TV as an announcer, but he was a better player than Gruden was a head coach. It's utterly amazing people think of him as a savior when his final act in Tampa was running the Buccaneers into the ground amid disturbing stories from the lockerroom about Gruden being a duplicitous piece of **** and losing his players.

People get on Dan Dierdorf for being only an above average lineman who became a Hall of Famer because he was on TV as an announcer, but he was a better player than Gruden was a head coach. It's utterly amazing people think of him as a savior when his final act in Tampa was running the Buccaneers into the ground amid disturbing stories from the lockerroom about Gruden being a duplicitous piece of **** and losing his players.

Totally agree on Gruden but still can't stand Diedorf.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

I'd love for Houston to hire Gruden, that would mean Kubiak would be available to be an OC, which is his best spot anyway.

I'd love for Houston to hire Gruden, that would mean Kubiak would be available to be an OC, which is his best spot anyway.
There's no way in hell this team is lucky enough to wind up with Gary Kubiak as the offensive coordinator next season.

No. Please keep Philbin. I think he's done a great job as a head coach.
Yeah, because getting rid of Marshall, Dansby, Bush, Long, Davis, Burnett and Smith have made our team better! C'mon man. He had gotten rid of EVERY player that had leadership qualities. And with leadership comes the TALENT. He has stripped this team of talent due to his insecurity and desire to be uncontested.

Not to mention, he is stubborn as hell. He insists on continuing the bland offensive ways, like never moving Wallace and continuing to go 5 wide. We gift wrap what we are doing. This doesn't even mention the inability to change the Go and GO-GO BS!

I could go on for days on why he has NOT DONE A GREAT JOB. They only thing he has done great is Challenge. He hasn't missed yet, BUT that comes from upstairs telling him to challenge.

Sorry, I am a TRUE Dolphins fan and I see things for what they are for. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that telling Ireland to get rid of the aforementioned players made us a better team? The biggest ones being Marshall, A TRUE #1 WR and one of the BEST in the game. Dansby who is completely balling this year. Bush who we didn't even offer a contract to????

I agree with signing Ellerbe, but I would have kept Dansby and put him in Wheeler's spot and not signed Wheeler!

Oh, did I mention that it is really great coaching to not have Cam Wake play on crucial drives. We tend to do this on a regular basis?

Was listening to the Dan Patrick show today and Peter King was speaking about John Gruden. He said Gruden would come back to coaching next year if he is offered by a team that has a QB he feelshe can win with and that offers him lots of money. King specifically mentioned Dallas and Houston. Houston because they will possibly have the #1 pick so Gruden could pick his QB in the draft.

I'm on the fence with Philbin. I think he is a good man but not convinced about him as a HC. Obviously if he takes is to the playoffs its a no brainer he returns. But if we don't make the playoffs Philbin could become a casualty from losing seasons and bullygate. Next year could be the chance Ross has been wanting to get Gruden.

Thoughts?

Where are you getting Ross has been wanting to get Gruden? There's not one shred of evidence that was the case. I mean after all he passed up on the best available coach in Fisher, for the structure he believed in.

Where are you getting Ross has been wanting to get Gruden? There's not one shred of evidence that was the case. I mean after all he passed up on the best available coach in Fisher, for the structure he believed in.
It was absolutely rumored repeatedly during the 2012 coaching search that Ross point blank offered Gruden the job and he turned it down.

You have to remember that in Gruden's last year in Tampa, the players quit on him. I have heard that many players did not like him because he acts like a little punk. Be careful what you wish for.

There's no way in hell this team is lucky enough to wind up with Gary Kubiak as the offensive coordinator next season.

It's almost a bummer to think about because it ain't happenin'. But how good would this team look with Rex Ryan at HC and Kubiak as the OC? If we had Pat Reilly running the team he'd pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom