Peter King: Parcells isn't Ross' cup of tea | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King: Parcells isn't Ross' cup of tea

No, Parcells leaving is fine. He's been here one year, and he's had enough influence on Sparano and Ireland to let them be and have control. After this season, every player will respect Sparano and they won't need Parcells around to help them motivate and fear for their jobs.
Parcells stays away from the media spotlight and now he's deemed irrelevant to us? Silly. Strange how important being in the limelight is to our perception of things. True he's built the foundation, but he's still very necessary. We're only one year into a rebuild and I'm a long way from believing that Ireland means more to us than Bill Parcells.

born in Massachusetts and resides in New Jersey.... i'd be bitter too if i was jet/patriot fan whichever one he may be. I suggest no one turn on Sportscenter or read anything from that armpit that is the northeast, a lot of sour taste in their mouth after the fins bounced both the beloved patriots and brett favre lead jets. Theyve been trying to will this bs to have an effect on the games and it hasn't yet so why now?

don't care about this right now, lets worry about beating the Ravens on Sunday. This is more of the media trying to start some BS. Muck the Fedia.

I agree 100%! For every one person who appreciates a great achievement...there's gonna be 10 trying to tear down the achievers. Parcells won't be going anywhere.

Am I the only person who isn't worried about Parcells leaving? We already have a front office set up. We'll be fine without him. I think all this story does is take away credit for the team from Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano.

Nope I was thinking the same thing. I got a Zune for christmas and signed up for the Sparano press conferences and the Fins TV show and have been listening to them the last couple of days.

Anyways Sprano was asked about how much Parcells has been talking to him and Sprano said they know each other well enough over the years that Bill knows to leave Tony alone and give him Tony time. Said that is when he goes over the different 1500 possible plays that might come up that he wants to be prepared for if called upon to make that decision. Said he did talk to Bill about one personel question he wanted advise on but that during the last half of the season he hasn't seen much of him.

Also made the comment that if he needs a player to fill a position he goe to Jeff not Bill. So it would be nice if Bill was around for a another year or so but not the end of the world if he left.

Am I the only person who isn't worried about Parcells leaving? We already have a front office set up. We'll be fine without him. I think all this story does is take away credit for the team from Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano.

You mean like we were fine before he got here? That kinda fine??

BTW, when does PK ever say anything positive about the Dolphins?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I saw as well, sounds like Parcells may indeed be his cup of tea. Peter King is just trying to stir it up, his is a NE guy and has a bit of bias if you ask me.
I want to know this is all coming out now? I am sure the info has been there and we have all know the Wayne is selling the team? I just want to know why all the hype now.

That's not what I read, Ross was quoted [speaking of
Parcells] "He's the greatest and I would hope he doesn't leave." Sounds like his cup of tea.

Link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/other/sfl-flspdolparcells29sbdec29,0,3658913.story

I think it's moronic to be ok with losing Bill Parcells. If you think Chad Pennington takes us to the division championship with Cam Cameron your an idiot. Just look how long it took Wade Phillips to destroy the Cowboys. I will be heart broken if Bill Parcells leaves and if it is because this new owner does not do everything he can to keep him here. I will stop watching the NFL all together. With that said, I think this writer is a ****ing moron. I think that it is possible that Parcells may decide to opt out and this new owner may have to anti up some more cash to keep him. If he doesn't he is not a good business man, because he can look forward to an empty stadium.

Anyways Sprano was asked about how much Parcells has been talking to him and Sprano said they know each other well enough over the years that Bill knows to leave Tony alone and give him Tony time. Said that is when he goes over the different 1500 possible plays that might come up that he wants to be prepared for if called upon to make that decision. Said he did talk to Bill about one personel question he wanted advise on but that during the last half of the season he hasn't seen much of him.

It's called respect!

Parcells selected his "team", provided them with the tools and believed in them enough to let them do their jobs without his micro-managing.

Also made the comment that if he needs a player to fill a position he goe to Jeff not Bill. So it would be nice if Bill was around for a another year or so but not the end of the world if he left.

Just you wait. Will BPs replacement work well with Ireland and Sparano, or will it be someone that has to insert his will.

Bp has done for his coaches what he always wished for himself. He's given them direction, the "tools" to do the job, shown faith in THEIR abilities, and then LET THEM DO THEIR EFFING JOB!

Already a hole in the story because Detroit (he has a thing for) is out. They hired there staff. Yahoo sports quotes a source saying he is not leaving. He is very happy here.

Some folks still remember when JJ walked then the Saban fiasco which is why there are many unsettled feelings here. Relax and enjoy the playoffs. Go Phins!!

I personally am not worried either . We have good people in place and you always know Parcells will quit or get bored on you real quick. lets get a long term guy to replace him if he quits. Thanks for putting people together but Ireland and Sparano deserve more credit than they get

This is just great.

Ross is going to piss off Parcells and Bill will take everything (including Jeff and Tony) with him to the Jets.

I personally am not worried either . We have good people in place and you always know Parcells will quit or get bored on you real quick. lets get a long term guy to replace him if he quits. Thanks for putting people together but Ireland and Sparano deserve more credit than they get

Agreed! I also think if we lose BP, there's no reason to replace him.. just give Ireland an elevated title and some more money and have him report directly to Ross. My fear is of an old hack like Peterson coming in here to fill that void.

(I was just wondering where you've been DlLox.. Nice to see U back.)

Found this February article which may or may not allay some of the fears about Ross. Some excerpts:

Before Stephen Ross made his billions as a lawyer and real estate developer, he was a sports fan with roots in Miami.The Dolphins were his team, and now they are on paper, too.
Ross agreed Friday to buy 50 percent of the franchise, Dolphin Stadium and surrounding land from owner Wayne Huizenga for $550 million, with an opportunity to become managing general partner.
"I have always been a great sports fan, a Dolphins fan, and I have always wanted to own an NFL team," said the 67-year-old Ross. "To have this opportunity is kind of like a fantasy."
Huizenga said Parcells knew the sale was in the works, and he had no problem with it. Ross said he hadn't met Parcells but looked forward to working with him.
Like Huizenga, Ross said he'll "defer to football people" rather than be a hands-on owner.
Ross, who attended Miami Beach High School, went to the University of Florida. He earned degrees from Michigan and Wayne State law school.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3260586

Note to P.King; shut up and go be Norm in the road tribute edition of "Cheers"...a*ole. Ya talked s*** on us all year, and now that we're on Top of The East again, you start a 'p*** on us' party...dbag!

Back
Top Bottom