Peter King: Parcells isn't Ross' cup of tea | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King: Parcells isn't Ross' cup of tea

Just finished reading...

7e. 'You should have had it Chansi Stuckey'

such a Favre apologist...

I can't be the only person who want to choke Chris Mortenson right now.
Believe me you're not the only one. Mort's timeing is very deliberate. Wayne said more than a month ago he was selling the rest of the team b/c he didn't want to deal with Obama's taxes. This story is not new. He did this just to stir things up going into the playoffs. The guy is a jerk.

Agreed! I also think if we lose BP, there's no reason to replace him.. just give Ireland an elevated title and some more money and have him report directly to Ross. My fear is of an old hack like Peterson coming in here to fill that void.

(I was just wondering where you've been DlLox.. Nice to see U back.)

Found this February article which may or may not allay some of the fears about Ross. Some excerpts:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3260586

was in wisconsin at 20 below doing army training, plus my laptop is needing a fix. Thanks for the welcome back

Its been known for quite some time that WH was going to sell the team and to Ross. So why is this a story now? Only because guys like Mortenson and Peter King need stuff to talk about besides playoff related news.

Ross should come out and make a statement somehow to the press tomorrow and end all of this nonsense.

Peter King has shown in the past couple of years that his MMQB article is just barely one step up from a gossip column. He has misquoted head coaches and players in a shamefull and pathetically unprofessional manner for years.
I want to believe its all rumor, and yes the timing was deliberate by the media - just in time to be a distraction all week, or all through the playoffs.

Whenver you hear things like "Wayne said he doesn't know if Parcells will walk or not", etc, it usually means they know and it isn't what we want to hear. Parcells negotiated this thing into his contract because he didn't want to work for anyone else, or didn't want to work for Ross.

I hate the idea of a big fan buying the team - I am concerned we'll have a Jones or Snyder type situation. Owners shouldn't meddle and a die-hard fan running the team will do just that - meddle. Parcells doesn't need the aggrevation. And if he leaves, he'll try to take some of "his guys" with him - he's done it everywhere he's gone in his career.

The reason the team is playing so hard is that they believe in the "institution" they belong to - it starts at the top with Parcells - his leaving would be a big distraction, though I think Sparano has clearly earned the respect of the players. But with a new owner, and one that we can bet will be hands-on, who knows what will happen to the chemistry of this team. I can't stand that this is being made a big deal of NOW!!!

Beat the Ravens!!!

Peter King: Parcells isn't Ross' cup of tea
I suspect that King is talking out of his butt as per usual - especially since there's persuasive proof to the contrary.

j927iw-1.jpg

The media is wonderful at reporting things it wishes would happen, as things that are happening. Until one these so called reporters has something more substantial then speculative rumor type junk, I think I will remain skeptical of their stories.

Back
Top Bottom