Peter King's Week 2 Picks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King's Week 2 Picks

Nublar7 said:
Well, yes and no. I said earlier that I would put it up just for gamedays, but I felt kinda superstitious now after we crushed the Broncos. I fear if I replace it, they might lose. :lol:

The Pirate one will be back in due time, just haven't decided when. :wink:

Nubs,

Did you think if they lose it will be because you did not have the pirate up for the whole week then change it on game day. It seems you changed the routine

Hopefully we will still win but once you start getting into superstition there is no going back

wpgfishfan said:
Nubs,

Did you think if they lose it will be because you did not have the pirate up for the whole week then change it on game day. It seems you changed the routine

Hopefully we will still win but once you start getting into superstition there is no going back
:eek: Good lord your right. I didn't think of it like that.

Nublar7 said:
:eek: Good lord your right. I didn't think of it like that.

I think this is more important then how our O-line plays or how many turnovers the Dolphins have. I think Saban mentioned this in his press conference today

This surprises me actuaally. PK is not known for giving the fins the benefit of the doubt. he's a closet Bills fan, just like Chris Burman, IMO

wpgfishfan said:
I think this is more important then how our O-line plays or how many turnovers the Dolphins have. I think Saban mentioned this in his press conference today
I think he did also. Also said something about hiring the Burger King to be our cornerback. :lol:

Fantasy Sharks Tony Holm Prediction

This is a good read from Tony Holm of Fantasy Sharks kinda funny too!

Miami Dolphins at New York Jets Sunday 4:15pm

It is going to take a few weeks before the Dolphins get respect, but they will take another step toward earning it by beating the Jets. The Dolphins will have more effect in the air and expect a nice tally from Marty Booker as Chris Chambers will be fighting off Ty Law all day.

The Jets will want to establish a running game early after getting a glimpse at their passing game last week. Curtis Martin will get the call early and often. Stay away from the rest until Chad Pennington looks a little better than an 11 year old pop warner QB.

Prediction: Dolphins 24 - Jets 23

LtDan said:
Yeah, someone said that last week when Golic picked us too...and that worked out

Well hopefully it will workout again :D .

Without getting too homerish, one thing to consider is that we have usually fought the Jets pretty tough in the past. But, that was with Wanny and his unchanging-unimaginative-predictable ways. Zach commented in a recent article about how the Jets used to always know where he was going to be on every play....JT too. And, of course since me and 95% of this board could almost always predict the next OFFENSIVE play, you know the Jets had to know too.
So, if we could usually match up well against the Jets in spite of all we had going against us, what can we do against them now that we have Sabans defensive and Linehan's offensive gameplans?
It should be interesting to find out Sunday.

those pictures are hilarious. That guy's shoes are big enough to be Ronald McDonald's and that freaking hat! It's bigger then a sombrero from cozumel...! along w/dressing up like the caped avenger....holy cow...that's a halloween costume he's got on for St. Paddy's day!

Nublar7 said:
Well, yes and no. I said earlier that I would put it up just for gamedays, but I felt kinda superstitious now after we crushed the Broncos. I fear if I replace it, they might lose. :lol:

The Pirate one will be back in due time, just haven't decided when. :wink:

stay with ricky man, thats how i always see that its you on a post

Hello Jet fans, the Dolphins are coming. We have 5 years of frustration to shed. We are coming to take your pride, your wallets, your hearts, your wives, your jewelry and
most of all your playoff hopes. I'm sorry. Dolphins 24 Jets 10.

While i think we have a good chance against the Jets i would not read a thing into any prediction by Peter King, who is a poster boy for the consistently absurd knee jerk reaction of the american sports media and is little more than a bandwagoner who happens to have a national media column

@@@@@ said:
While i think we have a good chance against the Jets i would not read a thing into any prediction by Peter King, who is a poster boy for the consistently absurd knee jerk reaction of the american sports media and is little more than a bandwagoner who happens to have a national media column

Excellent and accurate description of King. He has a lot of inside sources but really he just follows other people's opinions and jumps on bandwagons, nothing original.

Back
Top Bottom