Peyton Manning as GM? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton Manning as GM?

He has no connection to the team and no experience as a GM. Completely terrible idea.

Would much rather have Danny boy as our gm. Not only was dan a much better qb but Peyton was known for being a huge x and o guy while dan was known for being a huge aggression guy. we need a gm who will bring in guys with an aggressive mindset.

If anything Peyton should be the gm at indy, his x and o mindset is pretty much what indy is usually known for as a team, x and o and finesse. Finesse isn't the dolphins way, it never works out here.

He is a winner, we need winners in this org. I think he has what it takes ala Elway...seem to have similar makeup but who knows can it get any worse?

I'd take any and everyone over every single idiot in the front office. They're all a bunch of worthless *****.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...peyton-manning-ready-gm-immediately/80179092/

Dubbing Peyton Manning "a football nerd," ESPN analyst Bill Polian said Wednesday that the Denver Broncos quarterback — should he decide to retire — could immediately step in as general manager of an NFL team.

The proof for Polian comes in the 14 years he and Manning spent together with the Indianapolis Colts, the team's former president said on SiriusXM NFL Radio.

"During our 14 years together in Indianapolis, he would often discuss with me prospects coming out in the draft, SEC players he’d seen, players he’d seen in other parts of the country," said Polian. "He pays close attention to the rosters of the other (teams) in the league, with specific attention to the AFC."

Polian went on to say: "He knew the strengths and weaknesses of every player on every defense in the AFC and many on offense, because he met them and got to know them at the Pro Bowl and soaked up information. He is a football nerd, as am I. He's more than prepared to do that job."

"All he would need would be a brief tutorial on the league rules and things like the general terms of trades and contract language — of which he's also very familiar, because of his own contract," Polian said. "He's well-prepared to do that. He could step right from the playing field into a role like that, because he's ready. I don't know that he will, but if someone wanted him to do it, he would be ready immediately to do it."

As much as I love Manning, no. We need someone with successful experience to rebuild this team top to bottom. Peyton may be great or he may suck. We don't need another experiment.

As much as I love Manning, no. We need someone with successful experience to rebuild this team top to bottom. Peyton may be great or he may suck. We don't need another experiment.
Respectfully disagree brother. If it is done right with the right supporting cast it can be done.

The Dolphins are all about on-the-job training for inexperienced head coaches so why not hire Manning as GM to learn on the job?

Back
Top Bottom