Peyton Manning as GM? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton Manning as GM?

Hard to be worse than the two idiots running the team now.

This, id rather see Grier explicitly in charge of all on field personnel decisions, not fully knowing his level of influence at the moment. Hes got the proper background and I think he knows the type of players the team needs to be a winner, judging from interviews, his experience, and gut feeling.
Lol what? What big time talent did Grier bring in when he was head of the scouting Dept. We haven't had any real major talent in forever... If he couldn't bring in the right talent as a scout, what in the world makes you think he will as GM?

Peyton is a winner and a perfectionist. Guy has done nothing, but be the best his whole life. Anyone that thinks P. Manning won't be a success at whatever he decides to do in the next chapter of his life is clueless. P. Manning has a drive to succeed that less than .00001% of the population has.

That said he isn't coming to Miami! Just like when he gave us the token visit as a Free Agent. Anyone remember that? Meeting only with Philbin was a stipulation of the deal. Ireland bullied his way into the visit and poof Manning was gone. Not saying he would have signed here if Ireland fell off a cliff. What I am saying is Mannings do it their way and their way only. Manning isn't coming here and being told well you answer to Tannebuam, you can't build your own staff. The typical way our "hands off" owner passive aggressively mucks up this team.

I want him as the OWNER....

I guarantee he would not field the crap you see every week under the current one...

If you'd rather have Tbum than Manning I can only conclude that you know nothing about either person. One knows football inside and out and the other is a crappy used car salesman.

Manning would be a dream. This team has been stuck in a perpetual nightmare for decades. Ain't happening.

God no. Great footballer yes, GM........well, would you gamble with 4 or 5 mote years of crap drafts, trades and pickups. No thanks.

I gave Mike T the benefit of the doubt but no longer.

But Peyton......no thanks

Last edited:
God no. Greg footballer yes, GM........well, would you gamble with 4 or 5 mote years of crap drafts, trades and pickups. No thanks

Gregest footballer ever!

Top notch stuff right there.

pull your head in Bob. Typo. Get a grip.

I mean, at least make an argument for why you think that. I'm just trying to figure out how someone could think Mike Tannenbaum is somehow more qualified to run a football team than Peyton Manning. Something better than greatest footballer at least.

Tannenbaum is a con man. Manning is a football god. I'll take the latter.

Lol what? What big time talent did Grier bring in when he was head of the scouting Dept. We haven't had any real major talent in forever... If he couldn't bring in the right talent as a scout, what in the world makes you think he will as GM?

So you're responding to a post from weeks ago, 3 monster losses later, with this amazing insight? But I stand by the fact that i'd prefer an actual talent guy in charge of personnel than a suit claiming himself as such, despite recent failures.

Grier is another example of a guy who was basically hired/promoted by default (Dan Campbell, Dennis Hickey, etc) ...we didn't interview a single executive for the GM opening once Hickey was fired, and why would we, nobody would want the job, nobody wanted to come in here and be Tannenbaum's puppet and have their fate tied to him, so we had no choice but to just promote someone from within.

Here is why I don't want Manning.

He has zero management experience. Being a great footballer won't make him a great GM or whatever position you want him in. You want people who can identify talent an get rid of deadwood. The way Miami is, you need an experienced GM.

Tannebaum needs too go, no doubt about that, and go now. Start looking for a replacement who knows the football front office. Who knows how too draft and trade.

Manning has no experience in that.

Here is why I don't want Manning.

He has zero management experience. Being a great footballer won't make him a great GM or whatever position you want him in. You want people who can identify talent an get rid of deadwood. The way Miami is, you need an experienced GM.

Tannebaum needs too go, no doubt about that, and go now. Start looking for a replacement who knows the football front office. Who knows how too draft and trade.

Manning has no experience in that.

Tannenbaum and Ireland had plenty of experience as high level front office executives.

Tannenbaum and Ireland had plenty of experience as high level front office executives.

That argument could be used in defense of hiring a toddler as GM. Yes, yes, "a toddler would be better than Ireland or Tbum."

Eliot Wolf, Director–Football Operations...Give him a % in ownership
but I doubt with his strong ties in Green Bay he'd do it.

The son of former Packers general manager and 2015 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee Ron Wolf, Eliot’s scouting career unofficially began at age 10, when he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau Field. His scouting abilities continued to develop as he filed his first report at age 14 for the Atlanta Falcons.

Overall, he has spent more than two decades in official and unofficial capacities working as a talent evaluator. Wolf has contributed to the Packers’ draft preparations since 1993, 25 consecutive drafts overall. He has held nine NFL scouting internships – five with the Packers, three with the Falcons and one with the Seattle Seahawks.

Originally hired as a pro personnel assistant on Feb. 26, 2004, by then-General Manager/Head Coach Mike Sherman, Wolf spent four seasons in that position.

His primary duties include coordinating the pro and college football departments as well as handling both college and pro player evaluation through film study, college visits, pro days, college all-star games and the NFL Scouting Combine. During the season, he is responsible for overseeing advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents, evaluating potential free-agent signees and recommending player tryouts

Back
Top Bottom