Peyton willing to structure contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton willing to structure contract

Under those conditions even I'm for it. I just don't want us to put tons of money on him if he's not going to be able to play but if there's no risk then by all means go get Manning.

Ozzy rules!!

i think if peyton comes here maybe you burn a 3rd round pick on a qb with tools but needs time to develop like osweiler...or you just roll with manning and moore and next year draft your qb to develop for the future...

i doubt tannehill is getting out of the top 20 anymore to be honest
I would take Tannehill at 8-9 if they get Manning. With Peyton the Dolphins won't be picking this high next year.

Yet some people insist Peyton is about money.

Peyton is set $ wise. He just wants to be happy, which is getting to the super bowl...preferably in warm weather. He knows he.can get far with our squad and plus we play the colts next year.

we finally have an opportunity to change the direction of our franchise even after manning, if he comes here. Take a guy this year like Tannehill in a trade down to develop. Sit him for 3 years like Aaron Rodgers.

So we sign Manning and then what? Some say take Tannehill at 9, dear god what a stretch that would be. So we use all our cap room in FA on Manning and then stretch 15 - 20 picks on Tannehill. And our future QB becomes a 30 year old? Or wait better yet, draft Foles in the second like some of you suggest. Puke! Hasn't Henne and White taught you anything on that one. Foles is horrible, he is identical to Quinn. Or the best one yet, Osweiler in the third, frickin hilarious. He will never be a starter in the NFL. Manning to me right now is fools gold. 36 with major health questions. We need to go younger not older at QB.

So we sign Manning and then what? Some say take Tannehill at 9, dear god what a stretch that would be. So we use all our cap room in FA on Manning and then stretch 15 - 20 picks on Tannehill. And our future QB becomes a 30 year old? Or wait better yet, draft Foles in the second like some of you suggest. Puke! Hasn't Henne and White taught you anything on that one. Foles is horrible, he is identical to Quinn. Or the best one yet, Osweiler in the third, frickin hilarious. He will never be a starter in the NFL. Manning to me right now is fools gold. 36 with major health questions. We need to go younger not older at QB.
Apparently you missed the very first post in this thread.

We don't need to get younger at QB, we need to get better.

I always think of Manning as a high character guy who has some morals aside from football. If he truly just wants to win another championship, then money is not a priority, especially since you already have it.

Now your going to hear Jets fans hyperventilate over Manning.
exactly. marino was loaded, he always took less and restructured to help the team get better. i can see manning doing this to a team he goes to. being in indy and watching his bro is just going to light his fire more to get back to the game. i dont see a better opportunity for him than miami. ny possibly but i just cant see peyton playing for the jets w/ sanchez and his brother in ny.

If Manning comes cheap, sign him, and draft Osweiler, Cousins, or Foles to put behind him. This way, we can fix a lot of holes/not have to give up draft picks doing it/etc. We still would have Moore should Mannings neck go the way of the Holy Roman Empire.

If he wants a Brinks truck though? I'd be hesitant.

Apparently you missed the very first post in this thread.

We don't need to get younger at QB, we need to get better.

I'll learn you a little: Even is Petyon's contract is incentive based, he will most certainly be labeled LTBE as he has been cleared to play by two NFL doctors. Therefore his entire incentive salary for the year (and that will be in the 15 mil range) WILL count towards the cap in 2012.

If Manning comes cheap, sign him, and draft Osweiler, Cousins, or Foles to put behind him. This way, we can fix a lot of holes/not have to give up draft picks doing it/etc. We still would have Moore should Mannings neck go the way of the Holy Roman Empire.

If he wants a Brinks truck though? I'd be hesitant.

Cousins, Foles and Oswieler are garbage. Why exactly do we pick one of them to put behind Manning?

Peyton Manning has always been my favorite player. If he comes here healthy, I'd be absolutely ecstatic.

Back
Top Bottom