Peyton willing to structure contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton willing to structure contract

Im board .. Not worried about mOore or flynn.. Sick of having the "best backup" every year.. We have a shot at the best starter . Worth the risk

Cousins, Foles and Oswieler are garbage. Why exactly do we pick one of them to put behind Manning?

Well, your exhaltedness, what would you do?

I'll be sure to put a "or _________" after my list next time, just for your convenience.

Well, your exhaltedness, what would you do?

I'll be sure to put a "or _________" after my list next time, just for your convenience.

Ahhhhh. Did I dump on your parade by pointing out the obvious that those three will be nothing more than career back ups, if they make it at all.

First thing to pop out at me is why is Manning playing these cards? I instictively think it's to get Irsay to keep him, or at least have strong second thoughts if Irsay was intent on letting him go.
If it happens, Im good with it. I like the way he reads defenses and adjusts accordingly. not saying Moore can't, Im just saying Manning is better at it. I think Peyton is smart like a CP10, but with a better arm.
I'll go against the grain here and say to stick with Bush and Thomas, and get the best RT at 8-9 for better protection of Peyton and to open some holes for the previously mentioned RB duo.
But what do I know.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread and I'm sure even though it has or I'm going to post it, it will be completely ignored because most of you are in la la land thinking Peyton is going to be a Dolphin...but, it was said this morning on NFL radio that he would restructure his contract to lower his base salary and have more incentives ONLY to stay with the Colts.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread and I'm sure even though it has or I'm going to post it, it will be completely ignored because most of you are in la la land thinking Peyton is going to be a Dolphin...but, it was said this morning on NFL radio that he would restructure his contract to lower his base salary and have more incentives ONLY to stay with the Colts.
By who? As of now, I'll take Schefter's info over what a poster thought he heard on NFL radio (while providing no further info, such as who said it, sources, etc.).

And even if it is true, it would still require Indy to be willing to resign him. And, IF that were true also, it would mean we actually have a shot at Luck. Don't see how this is a bad thing.

I'll learn you a little: Even is Petyon's contract is incentive based, he will most certainly be labeled LTBE as he has been cleared to play by two NFL doctors. Therefore his entire incentive salary for the year (and that will be in the 15 mil range) WILL count towards the cap in 2012.
Aw, so cute, let me try (I'll save the grammar lessons for later). The big news it the willingness to restructure. Manning isn't going to look to dismantle a team just so he can fit. He's clearly coming back wanting to make a push for a SB. If he was just looking for a quick buck, he wouldn't be willing to restructure because he wouldn't have to. Some team would willing to sign him sight unseen.

Every year I hear about how the salary cap is going to hinder the Phins or some other team from signing big free agents, and yet every year teams manage to do it. That's why the cap gurus on each team get paid the big bucks. Incentives get spread out, other contracts get restructured, etc. That's the way it works every time.

And let's say the worst case scenario is we do spend all our cap on the most important position in football. So what? If he plays, we're contenders immediately. If he can't, he gets cut with no guaranteed money paid out and we still have Moore and hopefully a rookie behind him. Sounds a hell of a lot better than all the guaranteed money and long term commitment we'd have to give to Flynn.

I'd love to hear your solution to the most important position in football. You say we need to get younger, but you clearly don't like any of the QBs that require grooming. We're not in the running for Luck and RBIII will cost a ton (and you clearly are worried about cost) and is far from the prospect Luck is, so who?

I have been one of the people who were against this because if it didnt work out, it could set the team back because of the money. If he is willing to restructure his contract that takes all the risk away if he cant play or doesnt play well. Im all in on this.

if its truly not about money at all with peyton he should sign with the new york jets...they're the team most ready right now to make a super bowl run who just need a real qb to take them there...to me if its not about money but winning the jets are a no brainer for peyton...

if it's about money it will be us and washington...and snyder will be very hard to outbid...the other thing is imo snyder will be much more willing to take a major financial risk than ross will...if its true peyton must be 100 percent healthy for us to pursue him i think that will hurt us and snyder and washington will be much more willing to front money and take the risk...

if its truly not about money at all with peyton he should sign with the new york jets...they're the team most ready right now to make a super bowl run who just need a real qb to take them there...to me if its not about money but winning the jets are a no brainer for peyton...

if it's about money it will be us and washington...and snyder will be very hard to outbid...the other thing is imo snyder will be much more willing to take a major financial risk than ross will...if its true peyton must be 100 percent healthy for us to pursue him i think that will hurt us and snyder and washington will be much more willing to front money and take the risk...

I just don't see Peyton coexisting with Rex and his merry band of miscreants... That team has a toxic pall over it right now.

I just don't see Peyton coexisting with Rex and his merry band of miscreants... That team has a toxic pall over it right now.

thats the only thing i think would keep him away if its not about money...and its definitely valid...so the next most logical destination is washington...where he'll make big bank and be shannys qb...

Back
Top Bottom