PFF NFL receiver corps rankings. Dolphins at number 3. Considered "Elite tier". | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF NFL receiver corps rankings. Dolphins at number 3. Considered "Elite tier".

Agreed. It's pretty easy to design plays where it's practically impossible to bracket both Waddle and Hill unless you ignore every one else. It's particularly easy if the run game has to be respected at all. It also ignores how good Wilson and Gesicki are. IMO the only ways we might be "let down" is due to injuries (which is the case for every team) or the OL being just as poor as last year, which IMO is unlikely. The OL may not be great, but I suspect that at a minimum it will be improved.

Teams are gonna ignore everyone else.

They gonna force your other skill to beat them. Guys like gesicki and Cedric Wilson. Guys y’all are way too high on and propped up in Dallas by skill around him.

In terms of any real consistent iso win in other words. Those 2 will suit up and they will also waste snaps situationally for ya. Critical ones at that

Run the ball down folks throats you can limit the 2 deep looks etc but situationally teams are fools if they aren’t bracketing waddle and hill and saying someone else has to prove they can beat me

They gonna force your other skill to beat them. Guys like gesicki and Cedric Wilson. Guys y’all are way too high on and propped up in Dallas by skill around him.
Brother you are always so negative. Never a positive thing to post.

Whether ppl are too high on MG and Wilson or not, they are both quality NFL players and if teams, as you put it, ignore them, they are very capable of doing their jobs.

I do agree that there is a certain segment of fans that think every Phin player and acquisition is a stud pro bowler waiting to happen, but you are painting with a very broad brush. We aren't all like that.

Brother you are always so negative. Never a positive thing to post.

Whether ppl are too high on MG and Wilson or not, they are both quality NFL players and if teams, as you put it, ignore them, they are very capable of doing their jobs.

I do agree that there is a certain segment of fans that think every Phin player and acquisition is a stud pro bowler waiting to happen, but you are painting with a very broad brush. We aren't all like that.

If I’m gonna read someone say gesicki and Wilson will pick up the slack when I know to date they haven’t shown any ability to do tbat I’m gonna say it.

Is what it is.

If I’m gonna read someone say gesicki and Wilson will pick up the slack when I know to date they haven’t shown any ability to do tbat I’m gonna say it.

Is what it is.
But your exact statement was that teams will "ignore them". Any starting quality, NFL skill player has enough talent to beat a defense if they are ignored, IMO.

In terms of any real consistent iso win in other words. Those 2 will suit up and they will also waste snaps situationally for ya. Critical ones at that

Run the ball down folks throats you can limit the 2 deep looks etc but situationally teams are fools if they aren’t bracketing waddle and hill and saying someone else has to prove they can beat me

"Ignore" is too strong. Wilson will get a 'lesser DB and MG and RBs may get LBs

OL will make this go.
Another "truth bomb". The more things change, the more they stay the same. It is imperative for a successful season to have an at least competent Oline, both in rushing and passing. Hopefully more than just competent. Top 15 in the league would be an awesome step to take. If that happens, with our defense we will be dangerous for any opponent

Get a better flex iso win option and you’d have the answer for all that 2 deep you are gonna see

That’s really all you need skill wise. Better flex play in terms of situational win

I cant think of many receiving corps I'd take over Miami's.

agree on the flex option, the problem with Gesicki while he has great hands, great vert and reach, it's still very easy for a # 3 corner or safety to stay in his hip, so the ball has to be thrown in out of reach zones of the defender who is tight in coverage to be effective, either that or he has to be schemed open.

The good news imo is Tua can measure those zones and get it to that spot where no one can reach it but Gesicki..That goes for the whole NFL, gesicki has the highest catch radius in the game, just has to be the right accurate pass because that defender is usually gonna be right there.

we'll see how it plays out. On paper the Parker, Waddle, Fuller, A. Wilson, Hollins, and Williams unit looked promising too. I just saying we're one injury away from a Waddle, C.Wilson, Ezukanma, Sherfield, Williams and Bowden unit and while that's not bad it's not a unit that strikes fear in other teams.

Just like the oline is improved on paper, but if Armstead goes down with an injury we could be looking at a unit that's the same as last year with the only difference being a new center who has little experience at the position. That's why I try to pump the breaks on all the talk of Miami having "all the pieces for Tua to excel or he needs to be replaced." Personel wise the oline and wrs are both just one injury away from looking very different. Enough of the realistic talk. Here's a toast to Miami going relatively injury free and the new scheme and coaching staff getting more out of some of the raw talent already on the roster.

It's very difficult to bracket two WRs every play. Reality is no team will ever do that. Not team bracketed Hill and Kelsey every. They'll most likely play various types of shell coverage. That's what teams did against KC.

Is what it is.
Actually Wilson did exactly that last season with Dallas' injuries.

Back
Top Bottom