PFF's views/rankings on the players we have signed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF's views/rankings on the players we have signed

How did Gesicki rate on PFF?
Not sure but this was an interesting stat as the tried to search your request:

1. Run-blocking: Gesicki not only had more total snaps as a run-blocker in the slot (82) compared to inline (55), but also out wide (79) as a true wide receiver.

Not sure but this was an interesting stat as the tried to search your request:

1. Run-blocking: Gesicki not only had more total snaps as a run-blocker in the slot (82) compared to inline (55), but also out wide (79) as a true wide receiver.
I looked at the article. Gesicki wasn't on the list because he never made it to free agency because he signed his franchise tag offer.

I looked at the article. Gesicki wasn't on the list because he never made it to free agency because he signed his franchise tag offer.
I really would like to know what his market value is. I'm sure teams had it ahead of the tag. Honestly I think he's just a high character guy who knew that Ogbah was getting the re-sign and he is getting his contract next year (hopefully he goes gorilla bananas).

Signing Armstead would be great for the 1 game he's hopefully healthy for...something tells me the same people who b*tch about Parker being made of glass will have a quick change of heart if we snag TA. Parker has missed around 17% of his snaps, Armstead is closer to 40%...I know signing a premium tackle is exciting, but he's huge, hopefully him being in street clothes will free up some room for him to fit on the pine.

Since there has been so much discussion about the quality and quantity of the Free Agents that we have signed, I decided to see what an impartial rating service had to say. I am not claiming that PFF is the best, only that its ratings were easy to find and widely quoted. These ratings were posted pre-FA and some players who were released during this period may have been added. They ranked the 200 best Free Agents available.

#16 Emmanuel Ogbah-- They rated his value at 15.5M/year and 30M guaranteed. We gave him 16M and 32M.
#31 Connor Williams-- His value 6.67M/year and 12.5 guaranteed. Amost exactly what's been reported, though the numbers are not yet posted.
#41 Teddy Bridgewater-- 8.5M/Year, 12M guaranteed. We got him for 6.5M and one year.
#70 Chase Edmonds-- 6M/Year, 9M Guaranteed. 6M/Year, 6M Guaranteed
#95 Cedric Wilson-- 6.25M/Year, 9M Guaranteed. 7M/Year, 12.75 Guaranteed
#181 Raheem Mostert-- 1.75M, 1.25 Guaranteed. 1.9M, 1M Guaranteed.

First of all, PFF ABSOLUTELY NAILED their valuations-- just amazingly close to what we paid on all of them. But beyond that, in a 32-team league, we've gotten 3 of the top 41, and 5 of the top-100 players, which is an over performance, certainly not the bust that some have claimed. ...and guess who PFF's #1 FA was, that's right, Terron Armstead. If we land Armstead, we will have truly dominated the FA period, both in number of players and in value.
I bow to you ……….

Did they say what they thought his contract would look like?
I think the TE tag is pretty much his value, not because I think he's a top 5 TE(more like a top 20-25 WR), it just so happens that the TE tag is about worth top 25 WR... Him taking 11M of the cap this season was where I said I wouldnt complain about it. Plus I like him as a football player, team oriented guy who likes to give his opinion and loves to play football...

Since there has been so much discussion about the quality and quantity of the Free Agents that we have signed, I decided to see what an impartial rating service had to say. I am not claiming that PFF is the best, only that its ratings were easy to find and widely quoted. These ratings were posted pre-FA and some players who were released during this period may have been added. They ranked the 200 best Free Agents available.

#16 Emmanuel Ogbah-- They rated his value at 15.5M/year and 30M guaranteed. We gave him 16M and 32M.
#31 Connor Williams-- His value 6.67M/year and 12.5 guaranteed. Amost exactly what's been reported, though the numbers are not yet posted.
#41 Teddy Bridgewater-- 8.5M/Year, 12M guaranteed. We got him for 6.5M and one year.

First of all, PFF ABSOLUTELY NAILED their valuations-- just amazingly close to what we paid on all of them. But beyond that, in a 32-team league, we've gotten 3 of the top 41, and 5 of the top-100 players, which is an over performance, certainly not the bust that some have claimed. ...and guess who PFF's #1 FA was, that's right, Terron Armstead. If we land Armstead, we will have truly dominated the FA period, both in number of players and in value.
Thanks for sharing Fever, all about Armstead, seal the deal and I think all complaints die down. Again, great work.

I thought Grier was terrible though?

Back
Top Bottom