Pft: Dolphins May Explore Trade For John Harbaugh | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft: Dolphins May Explore Trade For John Harbaugh

Let the Broncos have him. Dolphins need all picks they have and an actual football mind as GM to make roster decisions.

We need both. I'm not in love with having to give up high draft picks for a coach of Harbaugh's caliber, but if it means stability, leadership, and good coaching in Miami for the next decade, it's a small price to pay.

Well...don't we need the Browns to win in order to have a shot? If the Ravens win they win their division

It almost never happens. Doesn’t mean it shouldn’t. Harbaugh is worth it.

Well, in our opinion he's worth it. What if the price is two first round picks? Is he worth that? Because that's a tough sell to anyone.

Well, in our opinion he's worth it. What if the price is two first round picks? Is he worth that? Because that's a tough sell to anyone.
Makes it more tough because it’s so rare that the value can’t be compared to other coach trades. In my opinion if we get a solid coach who stays a decade then yeah easily. But hindsight is 20/20. Since we need a QB then we must keep picks for 2020 draft. At least high ones.

We need both. I'm not in love with having to give up high draft picks for a coach of Harbaugh's caliber, but if it means stability, leadership, and good coaching in Miami for the next decade, it's a small price to pay.
I think John’s a good coach but they have to fix the FO and scouting department before any coach will work out.

I think John’s a good coach but they have to fix the FO and scouting department before any coach will work out.

These things are not mutually exclusive. But here's the thing: Adam Gase technically has full control of football operations in his contract. So by firing Gase and replacing him with a new coach / GM structure, you are essentially working to fix the FO as well as the HC.

These things are not mutually exclusive. But here's the thing: Adam Gase technically has full control of football operations in his contract. So by firing Gase and replacing him with a new coach / GM structure, you are essentially working to fix the FO as well as the HC.
I prefer a GM hired then GM hires a coach. Ross has bungled the organizational set up from the start. Get that fixed once and for all.

A LOT of teams will want our 2020 1st rounder. They are assuming we have a bad 2019.

NO deals involving draft picks. We need talent marginally more than we need coaching. A Harbaugh would be lost at sea with this weak and injured OL.

A trade for Harbaugh would set this franchise back for years.

It almost never happens. Doesn’t mean it shouldn’t. Harbaugh is worth it.
Worked for Patriots who gave up a 1st, 4th and 7th for to the Jets for Belichick.

Worked for Seattle when they gave up a 2nd to the Packers for Holmgren. Seattle went from 6-8 wins every season to 5 division titles, 6 playoff appearances, one conference title and a SB appearance.

Worked for the Buccaneers trading TWO 1sts to Oakland for Gruden maybe for that one SB winning season, but I bet Bucs fans would make that trade 10/10 times for that one championship they got out of it.

Back
Top Bottom